“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Mineral Wells, Texas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was a very nice hotel. The bar & lobby area were nice to sit & visit in. The rooms were really cold, which is important for the summer months in Texas!
The rooms were clean with comfortable beds! When we stayed here, it was busy around Round Rock & Austin and we were only able to stay at this hotel for one night. We actually wished that we could've stayed at this hotel for our entire stay instead of the other chain hotel up the road which actually got higher reviews on trip advisor.

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Huffman, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The manager Rachel was very helpful and had a great personality. She went out of her way to ensure that my daughter and I had a pleasurable stay at the hotel. My family travels a lot and we are in the area a lot. I will be recommending this particular hotel to all my family and friends!

Waco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Spent 2 nights there, May 18th and 19th. Sometime from 9am-9pm 5/19 a $100 pair of Skecher's Shape Ups disappeared from my room. Furthermore, when I returned to the room at 9pm, items from the refrigerator were on my night stand and my clothes and personal items had been taken from the bathroom and returned to my suitcase. I have been dealing with this hotel and corporate fo a month now, only to be told that their company policy is that they are not responsible. I will be glad to submit the e-mails documenting my correspondence with them.

Room Tip: Take your suitcase with you every time you leave the room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear SammieMWaco,

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We recommend to our hotels that they retain any items found for a period of 90 days. In the event anything is recovered from your stay at this hotel I am confident they will contact you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave a post. We urge you to continue to work with the hotel directly in this case.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Giddings, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I love this hotel. The front desk manger Dana was very helpful. We have 3 kids and had no idea what to do in the area. She ask their ages to better guide us. When we found what we wanted to do she printed us maps and coupons. Outstanding service. Beds where wonderful. Housekeeping manger was helpful. We needed extra towels and she was at the front desk. She had them in our room with in minutes. My kids had a blast at the pool which is indoors. We will be back. Keep up the good work..

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for a wedding in the family, and let me tell you... WE LOVED IT! The hotel is obviously new, and well cared for. The rooms are clean and updated which was nice. We loved the bar and ate breakfast in the restaurant every morning while we were there. That being said the main reason I am writing this review is to inform you about the staff. I am a store manager for a well known company and I love hearing about my staff. First the negative, the young lady, (Jessica?) who checked me in was incredibly rude and hurried. It was very apparent that she had no interest in actually helping the guests in line, just to get them out of the way and move on. She had a very bad attitude, which is just unacceptable when you're in that line of work. Now for the praise; The man in your sales department, I lost his card and can't remember his name, was very nice, and very on point with helping our group. He made sure everything was perfect for us. Apparently there had been a mix up with some gift baskets that were supposed to be delivered to the rooms of guests with our group, and they had not be taken up to the rooms. Rachel at the front desk is phenomenal! She was at the front desk that night, and she not only figured out who hadn't received them she stayed late and personally delivered them to each guest! Talk about stellar service!! I tried to hire her right there on the spot, but unfortunately for me she declined. You have an excellent staff and absolutely beautiful hotel! I will most assuredly be back again! Thank you for a fabulous stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in June and was very pleased with the property. I booked my stay last minute and was able to get it for $75/night with AAA which to me seems like an excellent value for this property. The hotel seemed relatively new, my guess is it was opened within the last few years, the rooms were clean, comfortable, and modern. I was booked into a king room directly across from the elevator and asked to move to another a room and the staff at the front desk gave me a different room immediately without any hassle. There is a small bar and restaurant in the lobby, which I didn't try, I choose to visit some of the local restaurants, there are many good places near the hotel, I recommend Chuy's, it's right across the street and has excellent Tex-Mex. The location is right off of I-35 and is easy to get to. My only complaint is that the WiFi was quite slow both nights when I was trying to use it. Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel, I would say it is easily on par with a Hilton Garden Inn or Courtyard Marriott and a much better value if you can get it for a good price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is still a brand new facility. Great staff and great rooms. Only down side is the chain has decided to exclude breakfast. There is a great cafe in the lobby area and there is a Cracker Barrel across the road (NOT walking distance). Best price in the area, even beat out the HI Express about 1/4 mile away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock? Share your experiences!