“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Evansville, Indiana
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed here for business for a total of 3 nights, property is very new and extremely well kept. Staff was positive and upbeat and I really liked the perk of getting a free alcoholic beverage from the bar for being a IHG rewards member. It might be best to seek breakfast outside of the hotel as it seemed very expensive for the quality and portion you receive. Other than that great place! Will stay again soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Burbank, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011 via mobile

I had found this hotel on Hotwire before my trip to Austin. I was excited to stay in a Holiday Inn as I am a Priority Club member. When I arrived, I found that my reservation for 4 people an 2 rooms was for 2 king beds and not 4 queens. Fair enough, reservations get messed up. When I asked about changing the rooms to queen beds, I was first told that the hotel was sold out. The manager- at least that's who she seemed to be- rudely interjected that we could have one of the rooms with queen beds for a fee. The guy who was helping me also rudely told me that because I had a discounted rate that if I wanted a sleeper bed brought up, it was also $25. I then asked if I could add my priority club number and I was AGAIN reminded that I had a discounted rate and they couldn't take it. I have stayed in Holiday Inns all over the world and no one has ever told me that they couldn't take my number even if it didn't accrue points.

So I paid the upgrade for the room and went about my day. I came back later in the night to ask about a late check out and I was again told- by the same guy who checked me in- that it was a fee to do so. I asked him if it was because of my rate and he said no, if I was a member of the Priority Club, then there wouldn't be. I reminded him that I had asked him to take it earlier and he refused. Only then did he agree to give me a late check out.

I was seriously disappointed in the service at this Holiday Inn. No one seemed to be happy. I have never received service like this from any other location regardless of where I booked the reservation. I really felt that I was treated differently because of how much I paid for my reservation.

• Stayed May 2011
Post Falls, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Loved our night at this brand new hotel. Everything is very clean. We arrived late and the front desk let us swim even though it was nearly midnight. The beds were really comfortable and we loved that there was coffee, microwaves and fridges in the room. The location is not too close, but we booked through priceline for 50 dollars so I really can't complain... Loved the Bath and Body works shampoos and conditioners and lotion in the coconut-lime verdana scent, which is one of my favorites. Indoor pool and hot tub were the perfect tempatures and sparkling and clean.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Kerens,Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

Although we were visiting family in Georgetown and going to the Poppy Festival, Round Rock is so close with a much better hotel selection. My Priceline $45 bid was accepted immediately. This property is fairly new and close to several restaurants including Chuys and Cracker Barrel. Having a bar attached is an advantage plus the indoor pool and hot tub make it easy to relax and enjoy the facility. The staff was very upbeat and helpful. We would stay again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

North Austins newest hotel property is clean, quiet and attended to by an exceptional staff. It is located minutes from Austin metro utilizing I-35. Flatscreens, biz center...all you would expect...with the exception of one minor detail management could easily rectify...they do NOT have coffee/creamer available for guests in the lobby...this irritated me so much that during the week I never patronized their in-house restaurant...and several others I encountered at neighboring eateries during my week there felt the same way. Room supplied java is notoriously bad in all hotels...its a given...but other guests (and myself) were not about to drive elsewhere for that first decent cup...and return and patronize the hotel for more and food...a great place...but a little goodwill and creamer goes along way to fill those tables...just a suggestion...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Rockdale, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

The staff was so wonderful. Indoor pool and hot tub. What a deal. We were very tired when we got there and the check in was fast and friendly. I will be sending all my friends to this hotel. Way to go guys. You put the rock. into round rock. LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. Will be back and with many others.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Austin North-Round Rock? Share your experiences!