“Wedding Party” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Wedding Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a large wedding at a country barn venue in Round Rock called the Lone Oak Barn (really nice!). We selected the Homewood Suites as the base camp for many of our guests. The wedding party had appx 40 rooms at the Homewood Suites for the weekend and everything was awesome. The sales manager Jackie, the front desk reception people John, Carlos and all others who worked at the hotel were all so helpful. The hotel could not have been more perfect for our needs. The rooms were very nice and well maintained by the housekeeping and maintenance staff. The beautiful lobby/eating area was just what we needed for guests from all over the country to mingle at any hour of the day or night. The breakfast and evening wine/beer reception were great, the work out facility was nice, and the basketball court/pool area was just what was needed to keep the younger kids and more energetic adults occupied. The full kitchen and laundry facilities also were a plus. Nearby old town Round Rock and Georgetown were great nearby areas for restaurants and shops. Some in our party had a great evening at the nearby AAA minor league baseball park for the Round Rock Express (feeder team for the Texas Rangers). This ballpark was as nice as any major league field with numerous food and drink venues. The Salt Lick BBQ restaurant in the ballpark parking lot is as Texas as Texas BBQ gets. Downtown Austin is a short 20 minute drive and the hotel is right off the toll road to the Austin Airport so one can avoid all traffic (about a 25 minute drive). This hotel serves a lot of people visiting Dell's headquarters which is right next door, so they really know how to provide service. One needs to understand that this is not a downtown Austin luxury high rise type hotel. But that being said, I give these folks a 5 star rating. There is so much that can go wrong with accommodations when it comes to a large wedding party, but that was not the case at the Homewood Suites. Jackie, John, Carlos and everyone else here knocked it out of the park and helped make our wedding very, very special. I cannot thank them enough.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back of the hotel might be quieter, but the hotel is removed from the highway and th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
David D,
Wow what a wonderful review of our property and staff here at the Homewood Suites! I’m happy to hear that we took great care of everyone during this very special time. With large groups such as yours, communication between all departments of a hotel is absolutely essential. This is an area that I have seen other hotels fail and I’m proud to say our staff excels at this. We are all happy to provide you with a worry free stay during a stressful time and we congratulate the happy couple.
Thanks for choosing us,

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
North of Boston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel was fantastic!! I would give them 11 on a scale of 1-10 :) We stayed in the 2BR suite and the rooms were very clean & large enough for our family to spread out. The beds were extremely comfortable ~ it was the best night's sleep I had on our whole trip!!

Maureen B,
Thank you for this fantastic review! I’m very pleased to hear you were comfortable during your stay and that you enjoyed all the space that our two bedroom suites offer. These rooms were designed with people such as yourself in mind with enough sleeping room for the entire family to stretch out and relax. I hope we see you again soon and thanks again for the review.
Best,
Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Good place to stay. I stayed here because you get a hot breakfast, evening dinner with refreshments (wine & beer) and a nice suite with living area, bedroom, and kitchen for a good price. No other place in the Round Rock area could match this. Only negative is that the walls are paper thin and if you have a talkative neighbor in the next room, you will hear their whole conversation.

Michael D,
Thank you for the review. I’m glad you decided to stay with us after shopping the other area hotels. Some of the hotels in this area will give you a lower room rate but when you take into consideration the fact that we include our outstanding breakfast, dinner Monday through Thursday, internet, basketball court, swimming pool, and of course our amazing staff, the decision is easy. We can’t wait to welcome you back the next time you are in Round Rock!
Jmelstrom@vistahost.net
Edmond, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Overall hotel was average at best for the price per night. La Frontera Marriott was a better experience. Breakfast area was not maintained properly; especially if you have little time to use it and not wait on the staff often.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Katy G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear William K, Thank you for sharing your feedback for your recent stay at our property. I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was below your expectations and so far below the benchmark that we set for ourselves. Please know that I have taken your feedback and shared with the team and can assure you that an experience like this will not occur again. I hope that you choose to give us another chance so that we can show you our true colors and provide you with a superb experience, including a hearty breakfast with plenty of options and fresh coffee, a must for most busy business travelers! Thank you again.
Richmond Hill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed here for a week while in Round Rock on business and was very happy my choice. The location is good as it is near the highway and food/shopping. The rooms are suites and are very large. The kitchen was clean and had a full size fridge, microwave, cooktop, plates, cutlery, etc. The living room and bedrooms were a great size and each had a tv available.
Buffet breakfast was served daily and was excellent. There was always a selection of eggs, bacon/sausage, pastries, fruit, yogurt and make your own waffles. Interestingly, they also serve dinner from Mon-Thurs. I took advantage of it twice and the food was quite good, but make sure to get there early as it runs out quickly.
My only complaint is that noise from the adjoining rooms can be heard quite easily. Perhaps I just had a particularly noisy neighbor but I could hear his conversations as if he was in the room with me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
David1009,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience being our guest. I see that despite the fact that you had a noisy neighbor, you did still enjoy your stay and that makes me happy. I welcome you back for a great experience, hopefully next time, worthy of a 5 star review. Thanks again for the review.
Regards,
Folsom, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hotel was GREAT. Spacious rooms, that let you stretch out with mini kitchen,full fridge, dinette table for two, and small couch to relax. Bed was extremely comfortable. Varied dining choices nearby or hotel has dinner. (I did not partake though, they smelled great). Morning coffee and breakfast was done very well. Hot, fresh, organized. Easy access to freeways to get you anywhere you needed to be. Highly recommend this property.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Deann M,
I’m happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We have the perfect set up if you would like to stay in and cook for yourself; you have everything you need right in the room. If you are staying with us Monday through Thursday we do have complimentary meals prepared complete with salad bar, beer, and wine. There is also the option to eat out at a wide array of restaurants in the area sure to please any appetite. I rest assured knowing that we are your home away from home whenever you are in the Round Rock area.
Best,
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I really like Homewood suite hotels. My experiences have been good and they always seem to be better than the similar hotels at similar prices in the area.

This was an exception. The property was standard issue Homewood suites, but, with the exception of Carlos at the front desk, this was a very unenthusiastic staff.

For me, the staff attitude is at least 50% of my rating. This was just not up to par. Nice building, nice staff, just not Homewood suite quality. I'll be putting my guests up somewhere else in the area.

I understand that they sell 80% of their rooms to Dell employees and don't have to compete much. It definitely shows, I've only stayed in 3 hotels in Round Rock, but, for the money this was the most disappointing

Room Tip: My room in the back side of the hotel was very quiet. The closer to the front the more hiway noise.
Green Features: More like a money saving deal than "environmentally friendly" Fresh linens every three days. In this case the water shortages in the area justify the 3 days for linens practice. But then I can also camp in a tent.
Stochasticman,
Let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to write a review of your hotel experience. I’m glad you were able to experience some of the charm that constantly surrounds Carlos. I’m very sorry to hear you had a less than perfect stay with us. Even more disappointing to me is that the cause of your disappointment was our lack of service. This is very untypical of our staff as we pride ourselves on giving each guest a perfect service experience. I would love to talk to you more about your recent stay if you are willing to discuss please contact me directly at jmelstrom@vistahost.net. Thanks again for the review.
Guest Service Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!