“Overall Good Stay With Only 1 Minor Complaint” 4 of 5 stars

Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Overall Good Stay With Only 1 Minor Complaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed here for a week while in Round Rock on business and was very happy my choice. The location is good as it is near the highway and food/shopping. The rooms are suites and are very large. The kitchen was clean and had a full size fridge, microwave, cooktop, plates, cutlery, etc. The living room and bedrooms were a great size and each had a tv available.
Buffet breakfast was served daily and was excellent. There was always a selection of eggs, bacon/sausage, pastries, fruit, yogurt and make your own waffles. Interestingly, they also serve dinner from Mon-Thurs. I took advantage of it twice and the food was quite good, but make sure to get there early as it runs out quickly.
My only complaint is that noise from the adjoining rooms can be heard quite easily. Perhaps I just had a particularly noisy neighbor but I could hear his conversations as if he was in the room with me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
David1009,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience being our guest. I see that despite the fact that you had a noisy neighbor, you did still enjoy your stay and that makes me happy. I welcome you back for a great experience, hopefully next time, worthy of a 5 star review. Thanks again for the review.
Regards,
jmelstrom@vistahost.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Folsom, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Hotel was GREAT. Spacious rooms, that let you stretch out with mini kitchen,full fridge, dinette table for two, and small couch to relax. Bed was extremely comfortable. Varied dining choices nearby or hotel has dinner. (I did not partake though, they smelled great). Morning coffee and breakfast was done very well. Hot, fresh, organized. Easy access to freeways to get you anywhere you needed to be. Highly recommend this property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Deann M,
I’m happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We have the perfect set up if you would like to stay in and cook for yourself; you have everything you need right in the room. If you are staying with us Monday through Thursday we do have complimentary meals prepared complete with salad bar, beer, and wine. There is also the option to eat out at a wide array of restaurants in the area sure to please any appetite. I rest assured knowing that we are your home away from home whenever you are in the Round Rock area.
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I really like Homewood suite hotels. My experiences have been good and they always seem to be better than the similar hotels at similar prices in the area.

This was an exception. The property was standard issue Homewood suites, but, with the exception of Carlos at the front desk, this was a very unenthusiastic staff.

For me, the staff attitude is at least 50% of my rating. This was just not up to par. Nice building, nice staff, just not Homewood suite quality. I'll be putting my guests up somewhere else in the area.

I understand that they sell 80% of their rooms to Dell employees and don't have to compete much. It definitely shows, I've only stayed in 3 hotels in Round Rock, but, for the money this was the most disappointing

Room Tip: My room in the back side of the hotel was very quiet. The closer to the front the more hiway noise.
Green Features: More like a money saving deal than "environmentally friendly" Fresh linens every three days. In this case the water shortages in the area justify the 3 days for linens practice. But then I can also camp in a tent.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stochasticman,
Let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to write a review of your hotel experience. I’m glad you were able to experience some of the charm that constantly surrounds Carlos. I’m very sorry to hear you had a less than perfect stay with us. Even more disappointing to me is that the cause of your disappointment was our lack of service. This is very untypical of our staff as we pride ourselves on giving each guest a perfect service experience. I would love to talk to you more about your recent stay if you are willing to discuss please contact me directly at jmelstrom@vistahost.net. Thanks again for the review.
Guest Service Manager
Pleasanton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We reserved two suites for out family. We got to the hotel late in the evening. The clerk was actually waiting for us and greeted me by name ("You must be Mr. *****. We've been waiting for you. How was your trip?) Rooms were clean, smelled fresh and very quiet. The hotel staff was very friendly and made us feel very welcomed. The food at the complimentary breakfast was fresh, tasty and plentiful. We had a great stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Raymond F,
Thank you for the wonderful review! I have worked for several hotels but the staff here are second to none, everyone is happy to go out of their way to make our guests more comfortable. The back of house staff are the reason that our, now three year old property, looks and smells as good as the day we opened, meanwhile the guest service staff leaves each person feeling a little better after each encounter. I’m proud to say that we are #1 for a reason and that reason is 100% our staff!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The Homewood Suites Round Rock was perfect in every way! Our 2BR/2Bath suite was large and quiet, with comfy beds. Carlos welcomed us as HHonors members and gave us complimentary bottles of water, welcome amenity (chocolate!), and upgraded our room! The location in Round Rock is a little far from Austin and the UT campus, but perfect for a one-night stay when we're not driving back and forth to Austin and fighting the traffic on I-35. The Homewood Suites Austin was perfect...since we have a freshman at UT, we'll be back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

415leighannj,
Our 2Bedroom/2Bathroom Suite is a fantastic option, especially for families. With one bedroom having a King bed (for the parents of course) with your very own bathroom on one end of the suite and 2 Queen beds on the opposite end (for the kids) there is no more fighting over bathrooms in the morning while traveling and more than enough room for everyone to sleep comfortably. All the comforts of home while you’re away from home. Thank you for the review and have a great day!
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton, At Roundrock,Austin. It was a great experience staying here and the staff was helpful in attending your needs. They provide complimentary breakfast which is of high quality on all days of the week. The suites are well maintained and the Gym is equipped with all facilities and would help for long term guests.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Sumanvms,
Thank you for commenting on our wonderful breakfast. Our breakfast ladies put a lot of love and care into providing people with a healthy and hearty way to start the day. The gym is also a great way to start the day with 3 treadmills, 2 elliptical machines, a stationary bike, medicine balls, yoga mats, and free weights to accommodate beginners and experts alike. Thanks again for the review and I hope we will see you again soon.
Regards,
saint paul, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This was my first stay at Homewood Suites and I loved it so much I signed up for the rewards program. The breakfast was amazing, the staff was amazing, the accommodations were double amazing. Thanks for a great stay!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

John M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Sarah,
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review. I rest assured that you have found a home away from home the next time you have hotel needs in the Austin/Round Rock area. Until we see you again I hope you have safe travels.
jmelstrom@vistahost.net

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!