“Homewood Suites” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Penang, Malaysia
“Homewood Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Friendliness and staffs are extremely helpful. Safety and comfortable place to stay and convenience. Conveniency as in there is Walmart and HEB to buy groceries and are able to use them in the hotel "kitchen". Shopping is also convenient as the Round Rock outlet is nearby. Also there are many eateries with all kinds of food.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Govindaraj MR D, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I appreciate receiving the perspective of someone who traveled from so far away as we really want to be your home while you are visiting the Austin/Round Rock area. Hopefully you were able to stay with us for several nights so that you could at least adjust to your jet lag! And you are absolutely correct; having both Walmart and the local HEB grocery store nearby, it makes it easy to get food to cook in our full kitchens provided in each suite. Of course, if you don’t want to cook, you still have the option to take advantage of our evening manager’s reception served Mondays through Thursdays and our full hot-and-cold buffet breakfast served daily. And with some free time, shopping at the Round Rock outlets is always a blast! Please come back and stay with us the next time you are visiting the area! Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Must say this was a very pleasant stay. Checked in incredibly quick. Room furnishings were elegant, modern and comfortable with a small but full kitchen. Business Center had everything I needed and plenty of computers. The Managers Reception, free beer and wine, was a nice touch. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a business or pleasure stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, DanielbrentF. We aim for a quick yet thorough check-in process as typically guests want to get settled in when they first arrive, not stand at the front desk for an extenuating period of time. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your suite as well as the business center and our evening manager’s reception. It is important to feel comfortable when traveling and at Homewood Suites, we want you to feel like you are in your home-away-from-home! Thank you again for the review and for recommending us! Come back and visit the next time you are in the area!!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was extremely pleased with this hotel. It's a brand new property with the amenities you want -free wi-fi, pool, breakfast, gym, etc. I called the hotel to let them know I would be late and upon arrival my room key was waiting for me with no delay. The bed was comfortable & I love the space to spread out.
Right off the freeway - easily accessible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
“Perfect escape”
Reviewed May 9, 2013
Right off the freeway - easily accessible.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent except the TV reception. I thought it was just my room but even the Ty's in the common areas were poor reception. The signal would freeze every 5 seconds or so. As a sports fan this was a very annoying problem. This hotel can't be more than 3 years old and has a poor tv setup.

Green Features: Very good friend of the environment. There are signs everywhere reminding you of how to conserve water and energy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi neilredBC, thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Homewood Suites. I am sorry to read that the TV was giving you trouble during your stay with us; we typically do not have any problems with reception, with the exception of a couple days where the wind was gusting between 40 and 60 MPH. I am looking into this further with my Chief Engineer as well as the cable company though, to ensure that this does not continue to be an issue moving forward. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you an experience that is great the whole way around! Thanks again for your feedback!
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I traveled with a group of employees doing business in the area and stayed here for the first time. I usually stay at another Hilton brand hotel in the area but another member of the team had a preference towards this hotel so we stayed here. This hotel has a lot of perks (the rooms are extremely spacious, the decor is beautiful, the location is great for where our company is) but there are some things I have to mention.

This hotel boasts they have free wine and beer happy hour. Every afternoon that we came to participate, the wine and beer was out and no one was there to replinish. This would have been fine if we came late in the evening or if was explained that it was available until the first batch ran out, but I don't think that is the case.

Also we had a pretty big issue with the front desk employees and Hilton Honors points. Upon checking in, apparently we had booked a block rate under individual names and the front desk employees told each of us that we were still eligible for Hilton Honors points for the stay. However, when we all checked out - we were not charged separately and no one was awarded any Hilton Honors points. I spent countless phone calls trying to sort it out and still no points. We come to Round Rock multiple times a year and unfortunately I can't bring myself to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hello clm245 and thank you for writing a review about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your candid feedback and am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel itself although I am sorry to hear that your experience with our evening manager’s reception was not ideal and that there were concerns with not receiving your Hilton Honors points. I will be reaching out to you directly to learn a little bit more about your situation and to ensure you will choose to stay with us again moving forward.
Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Check-in went well. Room was clean, bed and linen were great! TV pixilated a bit but we overlooked it. Meals were nice. There is only one ice machine and it's in kitchen. The staff were good about giving me cups of ice to brew my iced tea. Parking felt quite safe. Good water pressure in shower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Gina F and thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am so pleased to hear that high standards of cleanliness were appreciated and that you enjoyed the bed and our breakfast and dinner as well. And it’s always wonderful to be able to have a hot shower with good water pressure! Our tankless hot water system is not only reliable; it is eco-friendly too! We have looked into the pixilation of the TVs and have since been able to fine tune each channel individually in order to get the best picture possible. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to having you back again!
Justin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hotel was clean, modern and friendly. The bed was nice and comfortable. We loved the comforter and the pillows. The room was big. The breakfast was pretty good and there were a lot of choices. We will be staying at Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Pamela G, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Homewood Suites Round Rock! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the layout and décor of the hotel as well as our service and amenities. We strive to make our hotel comfortable whether you are traveling for one night or one year, and whether you are staying as just one person or with a large group. Thank you again and we can’t wait for you to come back!!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!