“Everything good except the TV reception” 4 of 5 stars

Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Everything good except the TV reception”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Everything about this hotel was excellent except the TV reception. I thought it was just my room but even the Ty's in the common areas were poor reception. The signal would freeze every 5 seconds or so. As a sports fan this was a very annoying problem. This hotel can't be more than 3 years old and has a poor tv setup.

Green Features: Very good friend of the environment. There are signs everywhere reminding you of how to conserve water and energy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi neilredBC, thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Homewood Suites. I am sorry to read that the TV was giving you trouble during your stay with us; we typically do not have any problems with reception, with the exception of a couple days where the wind was gusting between 40 and 60 MPH. I am looking into this further with my Chief Engineer as well as the cable company though, to ensure that this does not continue to be an issue moving forward. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you an experience that is great the whole way around! Thanks again for your feedback!

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I traveled with a group of employees doing business in the area and stayed here for the first time. I usually stay at another Hilton brand hotel in the area but another member of the team had a preference towards this hotel so we stayed here. This hotel has a lot of perks (the rooms are extremely spacious, the decor is beautiful, the location is great for where our company is) but there are some things I have to mention.

This hotel boasts they have free wine and beer happy hour. Every afternoon that we came to participate, the wine and beer was out and no one was there to replinish. This would have been fine if we came late in the evening or if was explained that it was available until the first batch ran out, but I don't think that is the case.

Also we had a pretty big issue with the front desk employees and Hilton Honors points. Upon checking in, apparently we had booked a block rate under individual names and the front desk employees told each of us that we were still eligible for Hilton Honors points for the stay. However, when we all checked out - we were not charged separately and no one was awarded any Hilton Honors points. I spent countless phone calls trying to sort it out and still no points. We come to Round Rock multiple times a year and unfortunately I can't bring myself to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hello clm245 and thank you for writing a review about your experience at our hotel. I appreciate your candid feedback and am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel itself although I am sorry to hear that your experience with our evening manager’s reception was not ideal and that there were concerns with not receiving your Hilton Honors points. I will be reaching out to you directly to learn a little bit more about your situation and to ensure you will choose to stay with us again moving forward.
Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Check-in went well. Room was clean, bed and linen were great! TV pixilated a bit but we overlooked it. Meals were nice. There is only one ice machine and it's in kitchen. The staff were good about giving me cups of ice to brew my iced tea. Parking felt quite safe. Good water pressure in shower.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello Gina F and thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am so pleased to hear that high standards of cleanliness were appreciated and that you enjoyed the bed and our breakfast and dinner as well. And it’s always wonderful to be able to have a hot shower with good water pressure! Our tankless hot water system is not only reliable; it is eco-friendly too! We have looked into the pixilation of the TVs and have since been able to fine tune each channel individually in order to get the best picture possible. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to having you back again!
Justin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Hotel was clean, modern and friendly. The bed was nice and comfortable. We loved the comforter and the pillows. The room was big. The breakfast was pretty good and there were a lot of choices. We will be staying at Homewood Suites again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hi Pamela G, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Homewood Suites Round Rock! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the layout and décor of the hotel as well as our service and amenities. We strive to make our hotel comfortable whether you are traveling for one night or one year, and whether you are staying as just one person or with a large group. Thank you again and we can’t wait for you to come back!!
Yonkers, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Great, new hotel. Comfortable, large rooms. Well decorated. Beautiful lobby and pool area.

Good, hot breakfast in the morning. Decent-to-fast WiFi in rooms. Very comfortable bed and bedding.

Only, small issue: no ice makers. Anywhere. The front desk can get you ice, but an ice maker on each floor would have been nice.

Overall, a great pic for North Austin and Round Rock. Highly recommend (and we'll be staying there again in June).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TwoinNYfromVTandTX, thank you for your great review of our hotel! I am glad we were able to provide you with fantastic accommodations and that you will return to our hotel (and so soon!). Thank you for feedback regarding the ice makers; it is certainly something we will look into! In the mean time, we can’t wait to have you stay with us again in June!
Newtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Pros: This property is new. Rooms are spacious, decorated nicely, and clean. Gym (1st floor) is nice and convenient to elevators. Housekeeping is excellent, and the rest of the staff are friendly and efficient. Wifi access is complimentary, and there are many outlets for laptops in the dining space and business center. Very easy access to Rte 35 North or South, and convenient to local restaurants. I believe there are pet friendly rooms as well.

Cons: While there are many choices at the morning buffet (I did not attempt dinners) and the buffet is always stocked and kept clean, the cooked foods are not exactly tasty. I would stick to the breads and fruit!

I can definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Green Features: Option to hang your towel for second use, and they do not change sheets daily unless requested.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, clevertravelers, for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I am glad that our hotel was able to provide the amenities you needs and I am delighted to hear that our staff was able to provide you with great service and very clean rooms! I am sorry that our cooked foods were not as tasty as you would have liked and we definitely look for any and all feedback we can get to ensure we are serving items that are to the pallet of our guests. If you have any specific suggestions you would like to see on the menu, please let me know! I am glad you will return to stay with us again and look forward to providing you with an exceptional experience! Thanks again!
Arvada, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I traveled to Round Rock and stayed in this hotel for 19 consecutive days for work. The staff was great and very professional. Anything I asked for or needed, they were more than happy to accomodate. The rooms are very modern and very well maintained. My only issue was with the noise. Homewood Suites allow pets and in the room directly next to me, the guest left their dog alone in the room and left. The dog barked non-stop for 8 straight hours and due to the thin walls of this hotel, it sounded like the dog was staying in the room with me.

All in all, the hotel staff and cleanliness was great. My only complaints are the paper thin walls and the noise that comes along with them.

Room Tip: Be sure to book your room as far away from the exit doors as possible. I stayed in a room directly n...