“Would Stay Again” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Would Stay Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Pros: This property is new. Rooms are spacious, decorated nicely, and clean. Gym (1st floor) is nice and convenient to elevators. Housekeeping is excellent, and the rest of the staff are friendly and efficient. Wifi access is complimentary, and there are many outlets for laptops in the dining space and business center. Very easy access to Rte 35 North or South, and convenient to local restaurants. I believe there are pet friendly rooms as well.

Cons: While there are many choices at the morning buffet (I did not attempt dinners) and the buffet is always stocked and kept clean, the cooked foods are not exactly tasty. I would stick to the breads and fruit!

I can definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Green Features: Option to hang your towel for second use, and they do not change sheets daily unless requested.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you, clevertravelers, for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I am glad that our hotel was able to provide the amenities you needs and I am delighted to hear that our staff was able to provide you with great service and very clean rooms! I am sorry that our cooked foods were not as tasty as you would have liked and we definitely look for any and all feedback we can get to ensure we are serving items that are to the pallet of our guests. If you have any specific suggestions you would like to see on the menu, please let me know! I am glad you will return to stay with us again and look forward to providing you with an exceptional experience! Thanks again!

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Arvada, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I traveled to Round Rock and stayed in this hotel for 19 consecutive days for work. The staff was great and very professional. Anything I asked for or needed, they were more than happy to accomodate. The rooms are very modern and very well maintained. My only issue was with the noise. Homewood Suites allow pets and in the room directly next to me, the guest left their dog alone in the room and left. The dog barked non-stop for 8 straight hours and due to the thin walls of this hotel, it sounded like the dog was staying in the room with me.

All in all, the hotel staff and cleanliness was great. My only complaints are the paper thin walls and the noise that comes along with them.

Room Tip: Be sure to book your room as far away from the exit doors as possible. I stayed in a room directly n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LoMac41, thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that our staff was able to provide you great service during your extended stay at our hotel. Nineteen days is a long time to be away from home! I am pleased that you enjoyed the décor and appreciated the upkeep of the hotel but am sorry that you had to deal with a noisy dog next door. We want you to be comfortable whether staying for one night or many, and to will certainly make sure that when you return, your experience with us is 100% positive. Thank you so much for your feedback and I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The location provides quite room, the personnel is quite friendly. The access is quite easy and it's a great hotel for business and family travel.
Good access to Austin and also for the area round rock. If you are going to shop the outlet center is very close by.

Room Tip: personnel is quite friendly, it wasn't as close as other hotels i used around, but I certainly l...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lothar S, thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I am pleased to read that you found our location suitable to your needs; we enjoy being right off of I-35, yet far enough away from the road that we don’t get any street noise. It’s convenient to get anywhere in Austin and Round Rock and always fun to head to the outlets for some “retail therapy”! Our shuttle will take you 5 miles around the hotel and our welcoming staff is always more than happy to provide you with directions as well! Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to your return!
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I travel to RR once a month and try to stay here when I do. Great location and staff.
Hotel is set back off street so its quiet.
Rooms are clean and well maintained. Managers reception Mon - Thur is a nice freebie. Food quality is good and dinning area is clean and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Joseph D, I am glad we have been able to provide you with a comfortable home away from home! This is one of our main goals with travelers and it is great to hear that we are succeeding with you. I am glad that the location is suitable and we are able to maintain standards when it comes to serving food and beverages. We look forward to your return so that we can keep providing you with the service that you have come to expect from us and that we strive to provide every day! Thanks again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great place will be back next year. or sooner on business. Great location to shopping and restaurants. Staff very helpful on suggesting places to go printed directions for us. Breakfast and dinner very good free food can't beat that. We have looked up other homewood suites for other trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I am glad that we were able to provide you with such a great stay and that our staff, location and food were able to meet and (hopefully) exceed your expectations. I am delighted to hear that you will be returning to us and are even considering our brand for future travel plans. I hope the family reunion was fun and we look forward to your return for next year's if not sooner!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a great hotel, especially for the price. I really liked the breakfast but, true confessions, I'm not a gourmet. I just like a hearty good tasting breakfast and it beat that requirement. The room was pretty big and clean. Everything in the room worked great. Wireless was very strong. They have good equipment in the exercise room. It's pretty new. I was there on business so I can't comment about the area but the hotel stay was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello BornWriter, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Round Rock! I am glad that you enjoyed our facility, our food, our wi-fi, and our staff! Hopefully you can come back and visit us again on a leisure trip and check out some of our area attractions while relaxing in our hotel. Thanks again for the review!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for SXSW... 15 minute drive to downtown was easy. This is a basic Homewood Suites... situated basically on the DELL Campus in Round Rock. Great access to the Freeway from here, as well as close options nearby to eat... and a Starbucks. Property features an outdoor pool (not heated) and basketball court. Pool area works well for smokers who need a place to escape in the evening (tables/chairs/ashtrays). Food in the lobby during the week (dinner) is above average. Kitchens in suites are well stocked with pots/pans, but little else. A great option to save a little $$ by getting to a nearby grocery (HEB) and stocking the room with basics (coffee, cereal, popcorn, etc).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Homewood Suites Round Rock, geauxtger. I am glad to see that you found our location to be excellent to get downtown while not having to pay downtown prices, especially during a large event like SXSW. It’s certainly convenient to be close to the Dell campus as well as several other large businesses and grocery shopping at HEB or Randalls to fully utilize our kitchens in each suite. Since our travelers stay anywhere from one night to over a year, we stock each kitchen with pots and pans, dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, and Tupperware containers as well as a microwave, toaster, sink, stovetop, dishwasher, and a full-sized refrigerator with icemaker. It’s your home-away-from-home! And, like you noted, when guests aren’t busy working or traveling, our outdoor areas are great in which to relax. Luckily it is almost always hot in Texas so having a heated pool isn't needed and if you can stand the heat, our grills are always open for guests to use! Thank you again and we look forward to having you return!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!