“Great night sleep” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carrollton, Texas
“Great night sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I travel to RR once a month and try to stay here when I do. Great location and staff.
Hotel is set back off street so its quiet.
Rooms are clean and well maintained. Managers reception Mon - Thur is a nice freebie. Food quality is good and dinning area is clean and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Joseph D, I am glad we have been able to provide you with a comfortable home away from home! This is one of our main goals with travelers and it is great to hear that we are succeeding with you. I am glad that the location is suitable and we are able to maintain standards when it comes to serving food and beverages. We look forward to your return so that we can keep providing you with the service that you have come to expect from us and that we strive to provide every day! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Great place will be back next year. or sooner on business. Great location to shopping and restaurants. Staff very helpful on suggesting places to go printed directions for us. Breakfast and dinner very good free food can't beat that. We have looked up other homewood suites for other trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I am glad that we were able to provide you with such a great stay and that our staff, location and food were able to meet and (hopefully) exceed your expectations. I am delighted to hear that you will be returning to us and are even considering our brand for future travel plans. I hope the family reunion was fun and we look forward to your return for next year's if not sooner!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a great hotel, especially for the price. I really liked the breakfast but, true confessions, I'm not a gourmet. I just like a hearty good tasting breakfast and it beat that requirement. The room was pretty big and clean. Everything in the room worked great. Wireless was very strong. They have good equipment in the exercise room. It's pretty new. I was there on business so I can't comment about the area but the hotel stay was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello BornWriter, and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Round Rock! I am glad that you enjoyed our facility, our food, our wi-fi, and our staff! Hopefully you can come back and visit us again on a leisure trip and check out some of our area attractions while relaxing in our hotel. Thanks again for the review!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for SXSW... 15 minute drive to downtown was easy. This is a basic Homewood Suites... situated basically on the DELL Campus in Round Rock. Great access to the Freeway from here, as well as close options nearby to eat... and a Starbucks. Property features an outdoor pool (not heated) and basketball court. Pool area works well for smokers who need a place to escape in the evening (tables/chairs/ashtrays). Food in the lobby during the week (dinner) is above average. Kitchens in suites are well stocked with pots/pans, but little else. A great option to save a little $$ by getting to a nearby grocery (HEB) and stocking the room with basics (coffee, cereal, popcorn, etc).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Homewood Suites Round Rock, geauxtger. I am glad to see that you found our location to be excellent to get downtown while not having to pay downtown prices, especially during a large event like SXSW. It’s certainly convenient to be close to the Dell campus as well as several other large businesses and grocery shopping at HEB or Randalls to fully utilize our kitchens in each suite. Since our travelers stay anywhere from one night to over a year, we stock each kitchen with pots and pans, dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, and Tupperware containers as well as a microwave, toaster, sink, stovetop, dishwasher, and a full-sized refrigerator with icemaker. It’s your home-away-from-home! And, like you noted, when guests aren’t busy working or traveling, our outdoor areas are great in which to relax. Luckily it is almost always hot in Texas so having a heated pool isn't needed and if you can stand the heat, our grills are always open for guests to use! Thank you again and we look forward to having you return!
Lake Zurich, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My stay at Hilton Home Wood Suites was very exceptional. I built up my points with Hilton so I was able to get this whole stay (including breakfast, room service, room, etc.) free. The location is perfect for shopping, sightseeing, and it is only about 20 minutes from downtown.There are many things for the kids to do such as a basketball court and swimming pool. The hotel has a fitness center, large conference room, business/computer center, a TV available in the lobby, and a small store with snacks and books. The sleeping quality was great, there was a problem with the A/C noise in my room, but other than that it was great. There is very tasty food and the eating area is open until about 10 A.M. which gave me plenty of time to eat without feeling rushed. The best part, the hotel staff was very friendly. If you are staying in Round Rock, this is definitely the place to stay.

Room Tip: The best rooms in this hotel are in the middle of the building (it doesn`t matter what floor). These...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Will S, thank you for writing such an awesome review of our hotel!! I am thrilled that your stay with us was, as you put it, “exceptional” and that you enjoyed the location, our amenities, and our staff here at the hotel! We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service and product quality and I am beyond pleased that you enjoyed your experience so much. It’s great to read that you were able to take advantage of our amenities and found us a great location for a “base camp” to begin each day from while exploring the area. Thank you again and please come back and stay with us!
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would have rated this property excellent. It is new, clean and ideally located. With an attentive staff and great amenities. Large rooms and fairly priced. But, during a recent stay there was an infestation of insects which the maintenance team wasn't really able to squash. Apparently, the way they told it was that during certain times of the year the whole area is overun with insects. They did their best. But, my room was on the 2nd floor and the insects were in my room. The stay after that episode was much better. No insects. I would recommend this property to anyone wanting a large, new, clean room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello Barrysue and thank you for taking the time to share your experience when staying at our Homewood Suites in Round Rock. I am pleased that you appreciated our team and the amenities that we offer as well as our spacious suites! There are times of the in the Texas Hill Country where various insects are more prevalent than others but we try our hardest to keep them out of our hotel and are taking precautionary measures to ensure they do not get in moving forward. It appears they must be working as I am happy to read that your second stay with us did not have the same issue. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the area!
Andrews, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Homewood Suites in Round Rock. We were not there for SXSW but were there for the good locality to the lakes, rivers, hiking , ect. We greatly appreciated the free breakfast and dinner served. The property is beautiful, and our room was gorgeous with all the room we needed. The only problem was the 2 out of the 3 nights from around 9pm all through the night into the morning it felt like the people upstairs was coming through the roof. We slept a total of about 2 hours of 2 out 3 nights. I called the front desk 3 times . Once at 3:30 am. As the review mentioned below It really did no good to call bc the noise never stopped. I was told by the person at the desk ( the morning of the 15th ) that he would get a nights worth of my points refunded to me and he would call me to help get my room changed . Neither happened. We have been from Maine to Florida to San Fran and everywhere in between and this is the first review I have ever written, that is how bad it was not to sleep.

Room Tip: ask for a 4th floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tennvoldoll_10, thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites. I am sorry that our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of comfort and services you deserve. We understand family time is very important and we want you to enjoy what time you get to travel and explore together, therefore we try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We will keep your feedback in mind and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!