“Good Option in Round Rock” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Option in Round Rock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for SXSW... 15 minute drive to downtown was easy. This is a basic Homewood Suites... situated basically on the DELL Campus in Round Rock. Great access to the Freeway from here, as well as close options nearby to eat... and a Starbucks. Property features an outdoor pool (not heated) and basketball court. Pool area works well for smokers who need a place to escape in the evening (tables/chairs/ashtrays). Food in the lobby during the week (dinner) is above average. Kitchens in suites are well stocked with pots/pans, but little else. A great option to save a little $$ by getting to a nearby grocery (HEB) and stocking the room with basics (coffee, cereal, popcorn, etc).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Homewood Suites Round Rock, geauxtger. I am glad to see that you found our location to be excellent to get downtown while not having to pay downtown prices, especially during a large event like SXSW. It’s certainly convenient to be close to the Dell campus as well as several other large businesses and grocery shopping at HEB or Randalls to fully utilize our kitchens in each suite. Since our travelers stay anywhere from one night to over a year, we stock each kitchen with pots and pans, dishes, silverware, cooking utensils, and Tupperware containers as well as a microwave, toaster, sink, stovetop, dishwasher, and a full-sized refrigerator with icemaker. It’s your home-away-from-home! And, like you noted, when guests aren’t busy working or traveling, our outdoor areas are great in which to relax. Luckily it is almost always hot in Texas so having a heated pool isn't needed and if you can stand the heat, our grills are always open for guests to use! Thank you again and we look forward to having you return!

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lake Zurich, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My stay at Hilton Home Wood Suites was very exceptional. I built up my points with Hilton so I was able to get this whole stay (including breakfast, room service, room, etc.) free. The location is perfect for shopping, sightseeing, and it is only about 20 minutes from downtown.There are many things for the kids to do such as a basketball court and swimming pool. The hotel has a fitness center, large conference room, business/computer center, a TV available in the lobby, and a small store with snacks and books. The sleeping quality was great, there was a problem with the A/C noise in my room, but other than that it was great. There is very tasty food and the eating area is open until about 10 A.M. which gave me plenty of time to eat without feeling rushed. The best part, the hotel staff was very friendly. If you are staying in Round Rock, this is definitely the place to stay.

Room Tip: The best rooms in this hotel are in the middle of the building (it doesn`t matter what floor). These...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Will S, thank you for writing such an awesome review of our hotel!! I am thrilled that your stay with us was, as you put it, “exceptional” and that you enjoyed the location, our amenities, and our staff here at the hotel! We pride ourselves on providing outstanding service and product quality and I am beyond pleased that you enjoyed your experience so much. It’s great to read that you were able to take advantage of our amenities and found us a great location for a “base camp” to begin each day from while exploring the area. Thank you again and please come back and stay with us!
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would have rated this property excellent. It is new, clean and ideally located. With an attentive staff and great amenities. Large rooms and fairly priced. But, during a recent stay there was an infestation of insects which the maintenance team wasn't really able to squash. Apparently, the way they told it was that during certain times of the year the whole area is overun with insects. They did their best. But, my room was on the 2nd floor and the insects were in my room. The stay after that episode was much better. No insects. I would recommend this property to anyone wanting a large, new, clean room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hello Barrysue and thank you for taking the time to share your experience when staying at our Homewood Suites in Round Rock. I am pleased that you appreciated our team and the amenities that we offer as well as our spacious suites! There are times of the in the Texas Hill Country where various insects are more prevalent than others but we try our hardest to keep them out of our hotel and are taking precautionary measures to ensure they do not get in moving forward. It appears they must be working as I am happy to read that your second stay with us did not have the same issue. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the area!
Seymour, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Homewood Suites in Round Rock. We were not there for SXSW but were there for the good locality to the lakes, rivers, hiking , ect. We greatly appreciated the free breakfast and dinner served. The property is beautiful, and our room was gorgeous with all the room we needed. The only problem was the 2 out of the 3 nights from around 9pm all through the night into the morning it felt like the people upstairs was coming through the roof. We slept a total of about 2 hours of 2 out 3 nights. I called the front desk 3 times . Once at 3:30 am. As the review mentioned below It really did no good to call bc the noise never stopped. I was told by the person at the desk ( the morning of the 15th ) that he would get a nights worth of my points refunded to me and he would call me to help get my room changed . Neither happened. We have been from Maine to Florida to San Fran and everywhere in between and this is the first review I have ever written, that is how bad it was not to sleep.

Room Tip: ask for a 4th floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tennvoldoll_10, thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites. I am sorry that our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of comfort and services you deserve. We understand family time is very important and we want you to enjoy what time you get to travel and explore together, therefore we try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We will keep your feedback in mind and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a very comfortable, contemporary looking hotel at a great price. Complimentary breakfast, dinner and drinks from 5-7 and shuttle to go to local offices. The kitchen is well equipped and beds are comfortable. I would highly recomend it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, katie_travel_1 for writing a review about our hotel! I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and its décor, value, location, and amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in town!
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great location, great clean rooms, excellent courteous staff, VERY comfortable bed.

Was there for business purposes. Did not make use of the complimentary breakfast, but used the kitchen every morning.

Since I visited my Mom before my trip to Austin, she sent me with some home cooked meals. It was great to have pots and pans I could use on the stove, and Microwave safe containers, as well as a full size fridge.

When returning at night, the room was tidied up, and kitchen utensils washed and drying on the kitchen counter.

Overall, this has been one of my better stays at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Martin E, and thank you for writing such a great review of our Homewood Suites in Round Rock! I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here so greatly and were able to enjoy the full kitchen in your suite to its full capacity. It’s wonderful to be able to offer the option of the hot breakfast or the use of your own private kitchen to make our hotel feel more like your home. And nothing feels more like home than having a home-cooked meal from Mom! As you mentioned, we will do your dishes for you as well so maybe in that respect we are even better than home! ;-) Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you return to our hotel the next time you are in the Round Rock area. Feel free to bring your family with you!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice property, very new so it is comfy and looks very nice. Great place for longer stays as rooms have kitchens. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Breakfasts were very good, dinners were a little spotty. I guess they are just supposed to be snacks to have with the free wine and beer but I could only eat 1 of the dinners (BBQ pulled pork). Other nights the food was practically inedible - cheap frozen food warmed up. The chinese food one night was particularly bad. Very good service and helpful. The housekeeping staff is a little aggressive though as they want to get home early I guess. No coming back later to clean the room - they will do it now or it won't get done that day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you John R, for your candid feedback about your stay with us here at the Homewood Suites in Round Rock. I am pleased to read that you found our property to be comfortable and spacious and glad that you enjoyed our breakfast options, but am sorry that the dinner we offer Mondays-Thursdays were not to your liking. We try hard to provide full meals on these nights and strive to make them delicious, not of poor quality and we will continue to monitor this so that your experience is not one repeated. I am sorry to hear also that housekeeping was not flexible with your schedule, they are on a very regimented time management system but should always be able to adjust to our guests’ wants and needs and I can assure you that I have addressed your concern with them to ensure it too is not an issue moving forward. I truly appreciate your comments and hope you come back and stay with us again the next time you are in town so we can provide you with a 100% positive experience. Thanks again!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!