“Great comfortable business hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great comfortable business hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a very comfortable, contemporary looking hotel at a great price. Complimentary breakfast, dinner and drinks from 5-7 and shuttle to go to local offices. The kitchen is well equipped and beds are comfortable. I would highly recomend it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you, katie_travel_1 for writing a review about our hotel! I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and its décor, value, location, and amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in town!

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great location, great clean rooms, excellent courteous staff, VERY comfortable bed.

Was there for business purposes. Did not make use of the complimentary breakfast, but used the kitchen every morning.

Since I visited my Mom before my trip to Austin, she sent me with some home cooked meals. It was great to have pots and pans I could use on the stove, and Microwave safe containers, as well as a full size fridge.

When returning at night, the room was tidied up, and kitchen utensils washed and drying on the kitchen counter.

Overall, this has been one of my better stays at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Martin E, and thank you for writing such a great review of our Homewood Suites in Round Rock! I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay here so greatly and were able to enjoy the full kitchen in your suite to its full capacity. It’s wonderful to be able to offer the option of the hot breakfast or the use of your own private kitchen to make our hotel feel more like your home. And nothing feels more like home than having a home-cooked meal from Mom! As you mentioned, we will do your dishes for you as well so maybe in that respect we are even better than home! ;-) Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you return to our hotel the next time you are in the Round Rock area. Feel free to bring your family with you!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice property, very new so it is comfy and looks very nice. Great place for longer stays as rooms have kitchens. Close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Breakfasts were very good, dinners were a little spotty. I guess they are just supposed to be snacks to have with the free wine and beer but I could only eat 1 of the dinners (BBQ pulled pork). Other nights the food was practically inedible - cheap frozen food warmed up. The chinese food one night was particularly bad. Very good service and helpful. The housekeeping staff is a little aggressive though as they want to get home early I guess. No coming back later to clean the room - they will do it now or it won't get done that day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you John R, for your candid feedback about your stay with us here at the Homewood Suites in Round Rock. I am pleased to read that you found our property to be comfortable and spacious and glad that you enjoyed our breakfast options, but am sorry that the dinner we offer Mondays-Thursdays were not to your liking. We try hard to provide full meals on these nights and strive to make them delicious, not of poor quality and we will continue to monitor this so that your experience is not one repeated. I am sorry to hear also that housekeeping was not flexible with your schedule, they are on a very regimented time management system but should always be able to adjust to our guests’ wants and needs and I can assure you that I have addressed your concern with them to ensure it too is not an issue moving forward. I truly appreciate your comments and hope you come back and stay with us again the next time you are in town so we can provide you with a 100% positive experience. Thanks again!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great. Great staff, clean, well appointed. It is the place to stay if you are around the Austin area. Came for south by southwest. This was the best location.
I will be back. The staff is very accommodating.

• Stayed March 2013
Josephmorganshanks, thank you for writing a review about the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I appreciate all feedback we get and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were here for our famous South by Southwest festival. Come back and stay with us the next time you are in town!
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The walls and floor of this hotel is THIN and the staff fails to properly investigate the source of disturbances.
The people upstairs (we are on the 3rd of 4 floors) are jumping around making the noise. We complained to the Front Desk about the noise. I am guessing that the people next door also complained because the hotel staff called us twice accusing us of the noise. One call was at 12 Midnight! That call woke up my kids!

The front desk "manager", Nishae who called us at 12 midnight rudely accused of lying and promptly shouted back at me.

Would I recommend the hotel? I did until this incident. Now, I recommend you find a hotel with a more competent and courtesy night staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bhflueng, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed your comments with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a nice Homewood Suites. Good lobby, the rooms are nice and clean. The hotel seems fairly new and up to date. It is right next to Dell hq so they have good clientele and the property shows that. Breakfast and evening suppers were good. Typical Homewood style, buffet set up. Cereal, pastries, two types of eggs, scones, fruit etc for Bfast. The gym is a reasonable with 5-6 cardio machines, although I would have liked to have some weight machines. Overall, this is a good clean hotel with very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: The hotel is 15 miles from downtown Austin :which we liked being away from the 35 traffic and downto...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Singh1148 and thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites of Round Rock. Our property is less than two and a half years old and we do our best to keep it looking and operating as if it were still “brand spanking new”! I am happy to read that you enjoyed the property itself along with our breakfast and evening manager’s reception and that you found our gym satisfactory. While it does not have every option in it, it is much larger than most hotel fitness centers. Along with the cardio equipment, we have dumbbells for our guests to use as well, which at least gives some additional options for workouts. I am also glad you enjoyed our location; it’s great because we are set back from the highway so there is no street noise, but we are right off of I-35 like you noted and so it is a straight shot to downtown Austin. Typically our prices are less than downtown as well, so there is another advantage!  Thanks again for reviewing us and we look forward to having you return!
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is one of the closest to Dell HQ, great service, breakfast, lunch & dinning included, internet always available, and the room is quite EXCELLENT, I'll be definitely make Homewood Suites Round Rock my first choice when visit Round Rock

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Carlos M for this fantastic review! I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the food we offer, the internet, and our spacious suites and that we were able to secure our spot as your first choice! We are looking forward to your return so we can again have the opportunity to provide you with a great experience!