“If you want a nice quiet room, don't book a stay at this hotel.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Helena, Montana, United States
“If you want a nice quiet room, don't book a stay at this hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Walls were paper thin to the point that you could hear a parent read bedtime stories to their children. Hotel consistently ran out of breakfast items each morning that we stayed there. Hotel staff was not outgoing or the least bit friendly. Overall, this hotel was just plain poorly managed.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Round Rock.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Francis S, I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was so far below your expectations and below our standard that we strive to maintain at the hotel. We work hard to ensure each guest has a comfortable experience and to know that you could hear your neighbors, didn't get to enjoy our full breakfast buffet in its glory, and didn't get the "warm and fuzzy" feeling we want to provide to all of our guests. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss this in more detail and I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you a much better (and more typical) experience at the Homewood Suites.

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Immaculately clean. Weekend stay. I had previously stayed at another 3 star Round Rock hotel and wanted to try Homewood for this trip. It will be my hotel of choice from now on. We also spent one of these nights at a 4 star downtown Austin hotel for double the price. Homewood Suites topped that also. Spacious rooms with nice clean kitchens. Easy access to hotel, restaurants, Flix Brewhouse and nearby shopping by car. Comfy beds and the area is quiet. Carlos went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was pleasant. The hot breakfast was convienent. I wouldn't rate it a 10 but it wasn't bad and there is a variety to choose from. I find it well worth it to pay the few extra bucks per night to stay here and I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Studio suite was plenty spacious for two people.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
M S, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and positive review of our hotel! We are consistently working to be the best and it's so great to hear that our efforts are showing! Of course we are always trying to be chosen over the other hotels in the area and I am excited to know that you determined your decision was worth it :). We are proud of our team, Carlos included of course, and hope to give you many more great experiences in the future!
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Good hotel room,Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful, complimentary breakfast was a good option as well, consider complimentary breakfast option if you are staying for training purpose.

Room Tip: To get to this hotel via GPS, use this address 110 Dell Way, Round Rock, Texas, 78664 and it is only...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Mallick N, thank you for writing a review of the Homewood Suites Round Rock and for giving other travelers the tip of using our sister property, the Hampton Inn Round Rock's address to find us using GPS. Sometimes our address gives them a hard time because we are still so new. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall, the service you received, and the amenities we offer. Don't forget, if you don't feel like driving to your training classes, our shuttle will most likely be able to pick you up and drop you off!
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel staff even brought ice up to our room for us. The grounds are very well kept. Everything was just immaculate. The overall trip was beautiful. The breakfast was hot and fresh. The bed was so comfortable, I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The Suites were decorated so nicely. We will definitely be back. It was worth the money. We surely got a lot of bang for the buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Felicia F, thank you thank you for writing such a wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Round Rock!! I'm so happy you had such a fantastic experience from the service to the cleanliness to the breakfast! We definitely include quite a few amenities and try to provide a lot of value and I am pleased that you felt that to be true. We can't wait to have you come back and stay with us again!!
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a part of a family wedding weekend. The service at the front desk was very good, and the rooms were nice and clean. The continental breakfast was typical hotel fare, and my husband liked the coffee. It was in a good location right off of I-35 and just what we needed for a quick weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear MplsTravelKitty, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the Homewood Suites Round Rock and am glad that you enjoyed your time with us! Our location and amenities make us a perfect spot to gather for any type of family get-together and so I am pleased that it worked out so well for you. I hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are visiting! Thanks again!
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Travelling on business the hotel provides you with everything you need. Great location off the I-35 close to good selection of restaurants and shops. Quiet and very well appointed. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hotel for everyone. Business or pleasure, it meets the criteria

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel TerryRed! I am so pleased that you appreciated our hotel, its location, its amenities, and our team and took the time to share with fellow travelers from around the world. Thanks again and come stay with us again soon, no matter what reason you are in town!
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's hard to know where to recommend in your own hometown since one seldom stays in a hotel there. Having some remodeling done at home, my husband and I decided to stay a couple of nights in a local hotel. Tripadvisor reviews of the Homewood were very good and it was close to home. It has been a treat! From the moment we arrived, Carlos made us feel welcome and was very considerate when we had to change rooms due to the heater not warming fast enough.

We overslept the breakfast by almost 1/2 hour, but I went down to see if there was any coffee left. There was and while I was there Annette was cleaning up. She filled me up with scrambled eggs, French toast, juice, and yogurt and a tray to carry it back to my room. I must say this young lady went over and beyond what was expected of her and I hope the hotel values her services.

Also, the rooms were spotless, bed very comfy, and a nice dinner served Monday thru Thursday. We chose not to eat there Thursday night but it looked great.

I certainly know where I will be recommending to my friends and family when they are in the Round Rock area.

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room on the top floor. Our 4th floor room was very quiet with no hall noi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RRTexas, thank you!! It is always wonderful to have guests review our hotel , but to have someone local take the time to let us and all Trip Advisor readers know that you would put your friends and family up here is truly a rewarding feeling! The overview of the hotel as you described is awesome and thank you also for the special "shout-outs" to Annette and Carlos; we are so lucky to have them both as part of our team. Remodeling again or just wanting a night away from the house, please come back anytime you'd like!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!