“Just what we needed for a weekend hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis
“Just what we needed for a weekend hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a part of a family wedding weekend. The service at the front desk was very good, and the rooms were nice and clean. The continental breakfast was typical hotel fare, and my husband liked the coffee. It was in a good location right off of I-35 and just what we needed for a quick weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear MplsTravelKitty, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about the Homewood Suites Round Rock and am glad that you enjoyed your time with us! Our location and amenities make us a perfect spot to gather for any type of family get-together and so I am pleased that it worked out so well for you. I hope you will choose to stay with us the next time you are visiting! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Travelling on business the hotel provides you with everything you need. Great location off the I-35 close to good selection of restaurants and shops. Quiet and very well appointed. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Would recommend this hotel for everyone. Business or pleasure, it meets the criteria

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel TerryRed! I am so pleased that you appreciated our hotel, its location, its amenities, and our team and took the time to share with fellow travelers from around the world. Thanks again and come stay with us again soon, no matter what reason you are in town!
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

It's hard to know where to recommend in your own hometown since one seldom stays in a hotel there. Having some remodeling done at home, my husband and I decided to stay a couple of nights in a local hotel. Tripadvisor reviews of the Homewood were very good and it was close to home. It has been a treat! From the moment we arrived, Carlos made us feel welcome and was very considerate when we had to change rooms due to the heater not warming fast enough.

We overslept the breakfast by almost 1/2 hour, but I went down to see if there was any coffee left. There was and while I was there Annette was cleaning up. She filled me up with scrambled eggs, French toast, juice, and yogurt and a tray to carry it back to my room. I must say this young lady went over and beyond what was expected of her and I hope the hotel values her services.

Also, the rooms were spotless, bed very comfy, and a nice dinner served Monday thru Thursday. We chose not to eat there Thursday night but it looked great.

I certainly know where I will be recommending to my friends and family when they are in the Round Rock area.

Room Tip: We always ask for a quiet room on the top floor. Our 4th floor room was very quiet with no hall noi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RRTexas, thank you!! It is always wonderful to have guests review our hotel , but to have someone local take the time to let us and all Trip Advisor readers know that you would put your friends and family up here is truly a rewarding feeling! The overview of the hotel as you described is awesome and thank you also for the special "shout-outs" to Annette and Carlos; we are so lucky to have them both as part of our team. Remodeling again or just wanting a night away from the house, please come back anytime you'd like!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during the Christmas/New Years timefrime. After booking the hotel I looked up the reviews and saw this had awesome reviews so I went into my stay with 100% confidence that the Homewood would deliver and they sure did.

This hotel is in a great location right off of I-35 and the toll road (45). There are shops everywhere within just a quick drive. The hotel staff was very friendly and helped us learn more about the area and where the good places to eat were.

The room was really clean and it felt like living right away home (as all of the Homewood Suites make you feel). One thing I will say though (and I spend 150+ nights a year in hotels for business) is the King Bed in our suite was probably the BEST bed I have ever slept in. I slept so good on it and was really impressed.

They had the nightly dinners for us and had some wine and one beer on tap which was nice. Overall I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Matt C, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of the Homewood Suites in Round Rock! I'm pleased that our team was able to provide you with great service and information about local places to go; you are right, being so centrally located makes it easy to get pretty much anywhere from the hotel! I'm also glad that you appreciated our beds; the CEO of our hotel management company, Vista Host, fell in love with the beds in one of the luxurious hotels in Las Vegas and insisted that we use the same mattresses at the Homewood Suites Round Rock. It's great to know our guests agree with his decision!

We look forward to having you and your girlfriend return the next time you are in the area and hopefully I will be able to meet you during our evening manager's reception you mentioned! Thanks again!
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel was very nice! We stayed during the Christmas holiday and had a great stay. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. We had a full kitchen and king bed. Everything was brand new and very clean. The style of the hotel is rustic but classy. Granite countertops and faux stainless appliances. On the refrigerator in our room they had a monthly calendar with the menu for their nightly evening manager reception. Complimentary breakfast in the lobby every morning. We didn't get to try it but I'm sure good. I would highly recommend this hotel. Close to restaurants, golds gym, Felix brew house and pharmacy. Close to I35 but far enough you don't hear anything. Awesome hotel. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool. Nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer D, thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am glad you found the location and quality of the room to be of your liking. We are less than two and a half years old and pride ourselves on maintaining our hotel's quality and condition to be as though it is still brand new. It's also wonderful, like you mentioned, that we are right off of I-35 and yet far enough away that street noise of any kind is never an issue. Flix Brewhouse is a great place to check out; enjoying a meal and drinks alongside watching a feature film is a fun and fairly unique experience! The next time you are in the area please stay with us again and try to take advantage of both the complimentary full buffet breakfast daily as well as the evening manager's reception Mondays through Thursdays!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Great stay over the Christmas holiday. The King Room was perfect with full appliances & kitchenette. The staff was very courteous & check in/out was a breeze. We will stay there again! Soon.

Great for the business traveler.

• Stayed December 2012
Hi t_mcd123 and thank you so much for reviewing our Homewood Suites in Round Rock! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the king suite to suit your needs so well. We can't wait to have you back again!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed three nights over thanksgiving weekend and was very impressed with this hotel! Great location, clean, well kept and just an all around good experience. Stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was very nice having a living area separate from the bedroom. Kitchen was great and nicely outfitted with everything you need. Will definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2012
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review AZTraveler100! I am glad we were able to provide you with the accommodation you needed while in the area over the holiday weekend. Sometimes guests enjoy having the kitchen while here on holiday (especially one know for food!) as they can prepare their own dishes instead of having to go out to eat or show up empty-handed to a friend or family member’s house. Beyond that, we maintain our high standards of cleanliness and so I am glad you experienced that and overall had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Round Rock area!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!