“What a shame” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“What a shame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Modern rooms, great furnishings and decor, comfortable beds, friendly staff, nice breakfast but VERY THIN WALLS.

Our family stayed in a 2 room suite and were impressed with almost every aspect of the experience here.

I wish Homewood would have downgraded the granite countertops and under mount sinks to blow in better insulation between guest rooms. We could hear every word the guests next door said, we could hear them snore, we could even hear their smartphone vibrating on the nightstand in the morning (I thought it was mine).

The first night of our stay this was an annoyance and the second night proved to be extremely frustrating as the couple next door had a prolonged disagreement. We were glad our children were not using our room due to the excessive adult language.

We did not ask the hotel for assistance because guests should be able to have a private conversations/disagreements in the privacy of their room. The fault was clearly with the construction of the hotel for not providing a modicum of sound insulation.

I would stay here again if I could be guaranteed a room that did not share a will another guest. I doubt such a guarantee will be made so we will look elsewhere on our next trip through town. What a shame.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMHWSRR, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Michael W, thank you for reviewing our hotel and I am pleased that overall your impression of the hotel was positive. I am sorry to read that you did not get to fully appreciate it due to the noise from your neighbors and can certainly understand how frustrating that would be. I agree that it would be nice for private conversations to stay private; if you are being bothered by other guests we are always more than happy to try and resolve it for you as we want everyone to be able to completely enjoy our property. Please feel free to reach out to me directly the next time you are going to be in the area and I will look at our hotel layout as well as the room type you want to see what we can do about guaranteeing that room location for you. We would love the opportunity to provide you with a more perfect stay!

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had our entire family at Homewood Suites - 4 rooms - and we all thought the rooms were excellent. Super clean, very comfortable beds with nice linens. We had the breakfast the next morning and it was very good and with lots of dishes to choose from. We will stay here the next time we are in Round Rock - see you next November!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Patty R, you are the best too! Thank you for writing such a positive review of our hotel and I am so delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your overall stay but especially our beds and breakfast options. We pride ourselves on our high standards of cleanliness and can’t wait to have you join us again next year! Thanks again!
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed in the Round Rock area more than a dozen times in the last 6 years for business and this is the best hotel in the area. Everything from the entryway to the rooms are first rate for an extended stay business hotel. There is a small but effect gym and a business center. The location is just off the major highway, but far enough off that there is no noise. There is also a small sports court which is great for releasing some steam while shooting some basketball. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello Brigham T and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Round Rock. I appreciate that you have been with us numerous times now and continue to return; we strive to provide a comfortable place for guests such as you, who come into town for an extended period of time. It’s much more convenient to have everything you need right on-site or close by, such as the fitness center, sport court and business center that you noted, instead of having to venture out and try to locate it within a city that is not your own. Again, thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to having you back to stay with us again soon!
Prairieville, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had a Great stay at Homewood Suites. Really enjoyed the Breakfast and the Dinner When i Was there. I thought the room costed a little to much but after getting there it was well worth it and other hotels in the area I stayed at before was about the same price but nowhere the quailty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kyle t, thank you for reviewing our hotel. While we do try to remain priced competitively with the other hotels in the area, we offer more amenities than them (such as the ones you mentioned: the full hot and cold buffet breakfast and the complimentary dinner four nights per week with beer and wine) and we are newer as well! I’m happy to see that your stay with us was a great one and that it was worth paying a little more for. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Round Rock!
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Have stayed here before. Great location and great hotel. I would say First Class from the appearance, service, breakfast, and accomodations. I had left my Oral B toothbrush behind and I asked the front desk if they could help me. They gave me a new toothbrush and my choice of toothpaste. First Class.

Room Tip: I like a King Size room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello BillLevy! Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Round Rock. I am glad to know that your overall experience with us is always so positive and that we assisted you with taking care of your canines as well :) . Let us know the next time you are in town and we will make sure your suite is a king-sized one! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Suffolk, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I'll admit, I started to look for something wrong and couldn't find it. I think the Chief Engineer would have beat me to it if there was anything wrong. The people working here, the breakfast crew during the week and everything about this property was exceptional. We came down to make arrangements for our retirement in Georgetown and with my experience with the Hilton group, chose this location for our stay while doing business. Couldn't be happier. Someone needs to give this gang a pat on the back at the least for the amazing job they have done. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: No need to worry, they are all wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, Wyle-contractor, for writing such a fantastic a review of the Homewood Suites Round Rock! As soon as I saw your review; I shared with my entire team, and needless to say, everyone (especially my Chief Engineer) was smiling from ear to ear. I hope that everything for organizing your retirement went smoothly and that you are all settled in. Please think of us the next time you want a night away from home or if you have any friends or family coming in to visit! Thanks again!
Leicester, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our last night on vacation in Texas before flying home from Houston the next day and a last minute hotel selection after shopping for bargains at nearby outlet centre.
The most friendly and helpful staff and a really comfortable well equipped suite made for a great nights sleep. The complimentary food and drinks in the evening were much appreciated and breakfast had every choice available.
No complaints and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BarryRolfe, I am so glad you made the spur-of-the-moment decision to stay with us at the Homewood Suites Round Rock before returning home to England. It’s always wonderful to hear that we provided a great experience for someone and I’m happy to know that our suites, staff, dinner and breakfast were pleasing to you. Please continue to recommend us and I hope you come and stay with us again the next time you are in the States!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!