“Pretty good donuts” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
North Mankato, Minnesota
“Pretty good donuts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was staying somewhat nearby and, based on the TA ratings, made the trek to this establishment. My cream-filled bismarck was good, but had some residual raspberry filling also. The baked cinnamon roll was pretty good but a little dry on the edges. It's been a while since I've had donuts from a genuine donut place, and I was not disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Washington
“Good donuts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I went in the middle of the week around 9am so it was not busy inside at all. Gave me time to take in the very friendly southern hospitality from the nice ladies at the counter. My friends whom took me there said that usually it is about a 25 min wait for donuts. They said the donuts I got this day are not as good as when they are fresh. I got 1 plain glazed, 1 choc glazed, 1 fried cinnamon roll and 1 fritter. My favorate was the plain glazed. I wish I would have stuck with just that. The choc glazed was good but the fried cinn roll was not at all. The fritter I had the next day was hard so I didn't care for that either, they are very thin fritters so dry out quick. But that plain glazed donut was so good it takes over for all the rest! I will go on a weekend next time to get the freshest just made donuts. FYI-Their yellowish tint to their donuts intrigued me so I looked into it and found out they use yellow food dye to acheive what used to be a natural tint from using farm fresh eggs.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allen, Texas
“Best Donuts PERIOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Always stop at Round Rock donuts before the drive back to Dallas. These are the best donuts I have ever tasted.

• Visited December 2013
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Donuts were off the hook good! So fresh and tasty.......there's a reason there's usually a line. Round Rock wouldn't the same without them. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

• Visited September 2013
Austin, TX
“Round Rock Donuts, AKA, Lone Star Bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

From the simple donut to their pies, everything is delicious and reasonably priced!
Their drive-up is now open until 6:30p (well it is on the date of this review), which makes it so convenient to grab donuts for the office for the next day. And their drive-up service is FAST!! Don't turn around if you see a long line, your wait will be much shorter than any fast-food restaurant.

• Visited November 2013