“Consistently Tasty and a Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Donuts
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Austin, Texas
“Consistently Tasty and a Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I have been coming here since 1994 (back when it was in a cramped, hot, ugly little building!), and have always thought the same thing: these are not the best doughnuts in the world, but they are consistent, delicious when hot, and a fine value. I would also recommend trying the kolaches (not as good as Czech Stop or Hruska's, but tasty and much closer) and cupcakes (not Hey Cupcake!, but who is?). Go during off-peak hours, and it is well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

91% Recommend
North lincolnshire
“EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am not much of a donut fan myself but my son had seen them on man v food so whilst driving down to Austin we called in. I must say these donuts tasted really good but it was my son that loved them. He announced they were the best donuts ever, that is some accolade.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spring, Texas
“Donut experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Having seen the shop on the show Man v Food, I wanted experience this shop, So during a trip to see my cousin in Austin, I called in - and I was not disappointed.
There was all kinds of donuts and all kinds of sizes and all of a good quality. I would recommend a visit if you are in the area.

Though I would suggest you call by outside of Rush hour

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Prince George, Virginia
“Best Donuts EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have had other donuts labeled or touted as "best ever." None compare to Round Rock donuts - particularly not chain ones (looking at you Dunkin Donuts - meh).

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Don't order the Giant Chocolate Glazed Donut Unless you have enough friends to eat it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Our daughter, a newer Texas transplant, kept mentioning the giant Donuts at Round Rock Donuts. We finally decided to take the plunge and made a trip to their store. There were only a few customers in line (lucky time of day). And the staff were really friendly. Oggled the donuts in the display, gulped and ordered the huge chocolate glazed one, basically the size and height that was the measurements of a ream of 500 copy paper, maybe a little bigger.
Fortunately there were four of us. Seriously, this donut can feed 6 to 8 adults. We were forced to finish it off in two separate seatings, I mean feedings.
And man was it good! One of the best ones I've had anywhere. I don't know what they put in the dough, but it was really something.
If theres only one or two of you at the end of your order, skip the huge donut and just buy the 'regular' ones. The big one is too good to waste any leftovers!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere