“YUMMO!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Muscatine, Iowa, United States
“YUMMO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

All I heard from everyone was that I had to try Round Rock Donuts while in town. So, the last day I was there we drove through and got some of their warm, glazed donuts! They were everything everyone said they were and more! Excellent!

Visited January 2012

Texas
“Yellow dye #4?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Have lived in Round Rock for over 30 years and still don't get the RR Donut craze. If you are into donuts that are dyed yellow, this is the place. If you in for the best donuts in town, this is not the place. About 10 years ago, the Statesman did a blind taste test of RR Donut products against two competitors and RR Donuts lost in all categories. Huge crowds still-I just don't get it.

Visited January 2012
San Antonio
“The best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

I didn't know I would be so impressed but the donuts were heaven! Drive through line gets really backed up but worth the wait.

Visited December 2011
Round Rock, Texas
“Don't bother going”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Lots of hype, long lines, poor service, counters dirty, soda machine out of ice and most products; thick hard glaze on greasy donuts. Give me Dunkin' anyday!

Austin, Texas
“Best Donuts in Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

Lone Star Bakery also known as Round Rock Donuts makes the best donuts in Texas according to Texas Monthly magazine. We won't eat donuts anywhere else. We also have a standing order from our out of town family to bring two dozen whenever we go visit.

The iced tea cake cookies remind me of the cookies I used to make with my Grandmother. Delicious.

• Visited January 2012