“Great Find” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Granbury
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel had been recommended by a friend and what a great find. VERY clean and friendly staff. The breakfast bar had something for everyone and the Texas shaped waffles were perfect! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Peebles, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

On our tour in Texas we stayed (two couples) at the Sleep Inn & Suites, Round Rock. The hotel is spotless, the staff are helpful and are proud of their hotel. So they should be. Fantastic. We were sorry we could only stay one night.
Worthy of special mention is Javier. He was looking after the breakfast room. He worked constantly from the time we arrived for breakfast until we left. Not a crumb was allowed to spoil the clinical cleanliness of his station. On thanking him he stated humbly that he was just doing his job.
Oh that there were more hotels like this one! They set the standards all hotels should strive to achieve.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Everything there seemed new and nicely decorated. Rooms were clean, good breakfast, ameneties such as laundry room were very helpfuul. Staff was friendly and accomodating. Will surely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights for a basketball tournament and were very pleased with the hotel. The staff was very accommodating with all the families and the kids. There was an indoor pool, small but enough to entertain. Small groups at a time. The hotel had a good breakfast included so that helped too. The beds were comfortable and the room clean. It is in a great location too.

• Stayed July 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The initial greeting by staff was exemplary. The front desk staff, housekeeping, and breakfast attendant were all friendly, courteous, and helpful. The hotel was beautiful and clean. We especially enjoyed our time in the pool and hot tub. The room was spacious and comfortable with every amenity. We are planning a return trip and have recommended this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel is simply beautiful! The staff is friendly and helpful. I don't know why this hotel isn't full to capacity every night. The decor is well done with high end furnishing. The bathroom (which is a BIG deal when you have kiddos to bathe every night) is clean and beautiful. The view is amazing and the indoor pool is GREAT! We stayed for 3 nights and went swimming everyday, sometimes twice! The location is convenient to both I-35 and Toll-Road 45. We have stayed at more expensive hotels in the area but REALLY liked this one the best. We will be back, and we can't wait!

Room Tip: The higher the better the view. We stayed on the top floor, facing the back of the hotel and just...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Midland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I made it a point to come and rate this nice little hotel after an interesting experience recently. The hotel was very clean and new, much nicer than I expected it to be. The breakfast was a fantastic surprise... hot Texas shaped waffles which the kids liked and scrambled eggs, an indoor pool and hot tub, which meant that I could finally get a swim in without getting a sunburn or dealing with 100 degree weather! and very nice, clean accommodations. The staff seem to go out of their way to be friendly and courteous to everyone, which was a nice change. At a lot of hotels the front desk staff can be a little stiff, but these gals were so friendly and welcoming. The one blemish of the weekend, I would have to say, was this obnoxious group of softball players who were harassing these two poor ladies at the front desk that Saturday night. The other two days everything was fantastic, but on Saturday I was having a conversation with my buddy in the lobby and witnessed a group of people bragging about how they were going to complain to get a free nights stay, which I couldn't believe.They were so mean to these two ladies at the front desk and were actually sitting there in the lobby talking about all the things they were going to do to ensure they could get a 2 for one deal. We were both shocked, but honestly thought they were just joking until they began letting their children run all over the hotel unattended as they proceeded to get drunk in the lobby. It did get really loud so we just left, but not before I noticed how poorly they treated the ladies who were trying to get them to quiet down enough to answer the phone. No matter what anyone said to them, they simply wouldn't stop. It was just shameful. I had finally decided to come on here to do a rating after my buddy, who was also there last weekend, told me that he had went on trip advisor and saw a nasty rating coming from those crazy softball parents who were causing all the trouble at Sleep Inn last weekend. Those poor ladies did finally get everything under control in the end, but I guess the team must not have actually gotten their "two for one" stay after all, hence the horrible review. I am not really a confrontational person, so I didn't say much at the time, but I do want people to know what an excellent hotel this is, minus the guests we encountered on Saturday. Friday and Sunday were wonderful! My one piece of advice would be for hotel management to put out these types of undesirable guests as soon as possible. It is disruptive to the good clientele, and it makes it harder for the rest of us to have a good stay when we have to deal with obnoxious people. That being said, I understand that you can't pick and choose your guests so you probably get all kinds. All and all, it was a rather good weekend, and I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again. The kids had fun. The price was good, and it was a heck of a deal. If you are not trying to take over the whole hotel with your obnoxious behavior, then you will not have a problem with staff here. The staff was great, and much more patient than I would have been under similar circumstances. I was only thankful that my days of working with the public are over and that I don't have to deal with stuff like that anymore....great hotel, though, and a fun weekend.

Room Tip: Top floor is the best because there is no noise above you.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!