“You get what you pay for (sort of)” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
“You get what you pay for (sort of)”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The reviews of this hotel are shocking, to say the least. I wouldn't rate this hotel the worst I've ever stayed at but definitely in the the bottom 5. The front desk, I could barely understand the woman. She was very unfriendly and basically just an impolite person probably because her husband appeared to be the owner so her job is safe. The room, actually was pretty clean as was the rest of the hotel. I have only one minor complaint which was the A/C was pretty loud and a train that runs behind the hotel at the worst possible time of night but that is not the hotels fault. Try to get a room facing the highway is my recommendation. Bed seemed pretty new but not all that comfy. Breakfast, quite a few options and not too bad. However I prefer my breakfast not to come out of a microwave but you work with what you have. No I would not stay here again even though my room and food weren't bad my first impression of the property was of the woman at the desk and the feeling I was inconveniencing someo. I had questions.

• Stayed August 2013
comfortsuitesrr, Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and sincere feedback. I sincerely apologize for the rudeness of front desk agent. She certainly will be consulted. We always take great pride in providing great customer service from time of check in to check out. If you have any concerns do not hesitate to contact me personally at the property. I am glad you found the hotel to be clean and accomodating, again my sincere apology for the agents behavior if it was not welcoming.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Me and my husband planned a trip to go to Austin to visit the Historical Landmarks, when we first got there Miss Kelsey was waiting for us with a big welcoming smile! She even changed our room so it would be away from the busy and very noisy highway! When we got to our room, it looked like the Housekeeper got down on their knees and scrubbed everything with a toothbrush! Everything was perfect and smelled great! I will defiantly be staying here from now on! I love Comfort Suites and I will recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
comfortsuitesrr, Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for a great review. We love to see that our guest are happy with their accomodations. We know that our success depends on our guests. From the moment our guest walks into our hotel, we will do our best to make sure that each guest is satisfied and had a great night of sleep. We will look forward to serve you again in future.

Odessa, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We checked in on Sunday. It was a great location, and the property was in great shape! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was only average, but that was not enough to bring it down to a four star.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitesrr, General Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We strive to provide great accomodations. We really appreciate your business and hope to serve you again in future.
Daly City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I planned a trip for Austin, San Antonio and Fredericksburg and thru Hotwire picked this Comfort Suites. The ONLY thing I can say bad about this place is that when you GPS the address it is really easy to miss the entrance. Drove around a few times before finally realized that this small driveway was the entrance was to the hotel. Later I figured that because it is right across the street from a historic landmark, the Chisholm Trail Park (a beautiful, peaceful place to wander), probably didn't want a large sign saying ENTRANCE HERE. The room, a king suite was much nicer than expected and larger. Front desk help very helpful and changed our room so we could get the view we wanted. Breakfast was not just a donut, corn flakes and coffee, eggs, sausage, waffles (not frozen) nice pastries, etc. room was cleaned every day new sheets and towels. Although we didn't use it, there was a nice pool. People will complain about everything, but I've been to Vegas and other places maybe 8 times in the last 2 years and this was far and away the best experience. Oh, I had to use the business center to confirm my flight and the computer was set up for a couple clicks and confirmed. The printer needed paper and someone brought it right away. will definitely come back. right near the highway and tons of good places to eat

Room Tip: We wanted a room on top floor looking towards Austin (highway) but if you have a choice get a room f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
comfortsuitesrr, General Manager at Comfort Suites I-35 North, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for the kind words, our staff knows that providing great customer service and clean room will ensure our success. We thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you again in future.

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very good room and good breakfast! The room was clean and the king size bed very comfortable. Will definitely stay there again the next time we are in Austin. The location is perfect!
The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we did. We certainly appreciate your business. We look forward to serving you again in future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Everything smelled and squeaked! The shower made a scary noise and so did the elevator. We had gone to the Comfort Suites in Katy and we were very impressed, so we thought Comfort Suites again! Well that was a mistake! What a let down!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for the review, i do sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations, we do take comments from guests seriously and address the problems.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Am currently staying here with my 27 year old son to go to Grand Prix of America in Austin. The room has a king size bed, which I am using, and a sofa bed that my son is using. We unfolded the sofa bed and it was not made. There were no extra sheets or blankets in the room. I called down to the front desk and was told I would have to come down and pick up the beddings and make it ourselves. I find that quite unacceptable when paying $229 per night. After traveling 15 hours to get here I really did not want to have to make the bed. Won't happen again at a Comfort Suite because I won't be returning.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Comfort Suites I-35 North? Share your experiences!