“Good but not great” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 296 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Good but not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Have been waiting to go here for years so perhaps my expectation was rather high. The brisket was good, the sausage was a little on the too plasric side and the ribs whilst nice, I have had better at Applebees. Loved the set up and bought numerous T shirts to commemorate my visit.
Had to have another plate at the airport before leaving though so perhaps better than I make it sound. Turkey here was fabulous.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great food and plenty of it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Service was awesome and the manager made sure everything was great even gave him bbq tips on how to cook a tri-tip which showed me the friendly and open atmosphere there I had enough food to feed an army it was reasonably priced it was great and I'm a BBQ person

Gilbert, Arizona
“Good but not enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stopped here for lunch after seeing this place on TV numerous times. The atmosphere screams BBQ and it is a very no frills type of place. You sit at picnic tables rather than booths which is nice. Now the food. I ordered a combo plate and got the brisket and turkey which were both cooked perfectly. Both tender and very flavorful. What prevents it from being a 5 rating is the fact I got more sides than turkey and brisket with my meal. You can also not substitute sides which for me was not ideal since I didnt like any of the sides that came with dinner (baked beans, cole slaw & potato salad). If you want any other sides you have to order them extra. I will say the service was great. I will go back to try another item without any sides. But this place is great Texas BBQ.

• Visited November 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Just Go & Eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Being English, barbeques tend to be too bland or too fussy, this was an experience to relish!! Proper smokey BBQ meat right down the line and yes, the burnt ends are cooked to perfection. The whole place had an aura of friendliness and professionalism, the staff were fantastic and I was amazed to see how many people were turning up on a Tuesday afternoon/evening. I am really looking forward to coming back and have told my brother who lives in Houston to spread the word!!! Just Go & Eat!!!

• Visited October 2013
austin
“Very good barbeque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is a great idea for a barbeque stop. The atmosphere is good as one pulls up to this nice, ranch style building. As one walks to the front door, the enchanting smell of meat permeates the air. Yes, this is real barbeque.

We were met by the hostess and led by a large pit with various meats smoking to a large open room with old fashioned wooden benches. It was like going to a large old fashioned picnic. The atmosphere is real, not phony, and with the large windows to look out of, it is quite fun.

The sandwiches were wonderful, sides were just ok. The size of the portions were just right.
My group was happy too with the speed with which we received our food.

Another nice thing is the restaurant blends the historical significance of the area and thus, one learns more about the area and the interesting story behind the restaurant.

Overall, I highly recommend this location.

• Visited March 2013