“Delicious local BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 298 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Centerville, Ohio
“Delicious local BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We visited The Salt Lick during a rehearsal dinner for a family member. We were all located in a room in the back part of the facility, which was extremely clean. The staff was extremely inviting and had the set up there in perfect working order.
The food, can I say, was delicious. The nice part of our group visit is that they brought samplings of every item and put them on 'family style' plates for all of us to share. The brisket was tender and smoky, in true bbq fashion. The sides of beans, etc were also delicious. The cobblers for dessert were sweet and really tasted home made.
Overall this was a wonderful visit with great food and family. I would highly recommend this for any outing, including a group function.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Ribs rule”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Salt Lick's reputation and TV appearances made us want to try BBQ here. We ordered by the pound instead of platters, so we could sample more things. Initially we came for the brisket, which we did try; but we also decided to taste both the beef and pork ribs having seen them on others' plates, and I'm so glad that we did. I was disappointed with the brisket which was sliced too thick and was dry. However, the pork ribs were incredibly tender and fell off the bone. Even more juicy were the double sided beef ribs that had been smoked and later basted with not too sweet sauce while being grilled. I'm not a white bread fan, but their bread was the perfect compliment for the meats. Our server was very friendly and accomodating as were the cooks. However, when we called for directions the person answering the phone misdirected us.
addendum: my friend while on a plane layover in Dallas had a brisket sandwich which was tender and slathered in barbecue sauce at the airport Salt Lick.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best BBQ in Austin regardless of location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Salt Lick has no rivals. This location is not quite as good as the original, but it is still better than any other alternatives. I always stop by anytime I'm in town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
“Finger Lickin Good!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

WOW! Where to begin! The food is AMAZING, the service is impeccable and the atmosphere is laid back Texas style. We ordered enough food for an army and managed to finish it all. The pecan pie a la mode at the end was not to be missed. If you like brisket you can order "burnt tips" its the crispy edges that they shave off and they are amazing, JUST TRY THEM, you wont be sorry. The Turkey, Brisket, and Sausage was my favorite, the ribs were good, the slaw is AWESOME and so is the potatoe salad. The bread is also yummy and washed down with some southern tea is how it should be! You wont regret making the trek out to this place, i promise!

Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Salt Lick - An event, maybe not so much a good meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Salt Lick is certainly an institution (their biggest day, Father's Day with 2,000 served that day. I asked) and deservedly so. The place runs like a well oiled machine (I'm guessing it's a $20 million a year operation) and while they get you in and out pretty quickly, it doesn't feel that way. The only problem was the food is only average, at least to me. As they used to say with Horn and Hardart, you can't eat atmosphere. I'd recommend going, but would set the bar low and only go once.

Visited July 2013