“Good Texas BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 296 restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Texas BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

On our way from Houston to Dallas and a lunch stop was in order so we headed to Louie Mueller and he was down for the day due to a pit fire. Well some other customers doing the same thing as us mentioned The Salt Lick down the road a bit was good. We took their advice and it was a pleasant surprise. A new restaurant a bit fancy for Texas BBQ yet not all flash as we were about to figure out. The Rancher with sausage, brisket, pork rib and turkey was a good deal for $16. Cole slaw and potato salad and bread came with,pickles upon request with a slab of onion. The brisket was the flat very lean but still tender and juicy with nice oak smoke that didn't over power. Sausage was very good as well but to my surprise the turkey was scrumptious. Not to forget the giant pork rib that was tender but still had a bit of chew perfectly smoked. My wife had the single beef rib with same sides as me and she was blown away with her meal savory rich finger licking good stuff. Sides here are solid as well no weak spots at this place all round good BBQ right down to their slightly sweet oh so tangy sauce.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Dallas, Texas
“The BBQ Is Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had heard so much about this restaurants and decided it was a must to try. We were certainly not disappointed with the service and tasty BBQ. The food servings were more than enough to feed the hungriest of guest. Service was friendly and seating casual enough for all ages and dress. Be sure and have some desert even though you will not have room for very much.

Round Rock, Texas
“Absolutely one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Well like they say "to each his own". I read some reviews on people not liking the coleslaw because it was too plain or not liking the potato salad because it had a different color or onions in it. One person even mentioned not liking the cobblers. I have to say that my family and I absolutely loved this restaurant. The food was very, very good. Yes, the sides are not the traditional style of sides we are used to however that's what makes it so unique. It could end up being "just another BBQ joint" if they followed the traditional syle (even though I doubt that since the meats on their own are fantastic). I would recommend this to anyone who would enjoy fantastic BBQ meal. Did I mention they have an all-you-can-eat platter. The meat and sides just keep coming until you tell them to stop...yummy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
The Colony, Texas
“Meat is great sides are not”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a short wait, maybe 15 minutes. They had singers in the court yard with banjos and guitar. When we went in, the wait staff (Danny) was knowledgeable and very helpful. We ordered The Rancher plate and shared it between my husband and I. There was plenty of food. We did not care for the coleslaw and did not eat it. The potato salad had onions in it which I love, but my husband did not which was good for me. All the meat was flavorful and juicy. The bread was soft, but the little individual butter tubs had sat on the table and melted looking not so good, however it tasted alright. The pecan pie was out of this world good. Over all I would rate the experience a 4. If I was in the area, I would come back but not drive any distance to come here.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Delaware
“Delicious Texas BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Ate our way through San Antonio, Austin, Dallas & Fort Worth over Memorial Day Weekend. Had BBQ for practically every lunch & dinner. Salt Lick was one place recommended to me by a friend who used to live in Austin. Best BBQ we ate in all the places we visited. We arrived 25 minutes before closing and no one even tried to rush us. Server was very friendly and attentive. We tried all the meats, and all we excellent. My son said the ribs were the best he's ever eaten! We left there stuffed to the gills!

• Visited May 2013