“The Best BBQ Texas Has to Offer” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 298 Restaurants in Round Rock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Tyler, Texas
“The Best BBQ Texas Has to Offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Whenever I travel through central Texas, I always make it a point to stop in Round Rock just to visit the Salt Lick. I saw it for the first time on television (Man vs. Food I believe) and thought it looked awesome...About a year later I just happened to be driving through and decided to stop there on a whim. This is probably the best whim I have ever had! The service is great...The portions are generous...and most importantly, THE FOOD IS PHENOMENAL! You would be doing yourself a disservice NOT to stop in!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas
“Meaty salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I know people come for the meat, but the salad is just as tasty. I added brisket to mine with ranch. Yummy!

Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“fun place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

my fiance and i go here often. it's fun and the bbq is excellent. always busy though, so be prepared to either BYOB or head over to the wine area (they also sell beer here now) and chill out while waiting to be seated.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Best BBQ in Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My fiance' is an avid bbq guy and he loves to cook out. Very seldom does he think anyone else's bbq compares to his. But he absolutely loved this place. The people were so friendly and made us feel so at home. The pork ribs were so tender they almost fell off the bone. I can't wait to go back.

Visited April 2013
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Good But Did Not Live Up To The Hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food was fine, but after hearing all the great reviews about this place I was a bit disappointed. The service was wonderful and the food arrived quickly. The location, close to the local minor league baseball teams stadium makes it a convenient stop prior to the game. I would eat here again, I just would not go out of my way to do it.

Visited June 2012