“Clean and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Montgomery, Texas
“Clean and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Arrived late but the requested room was held for us. Receptionist was kind and helpful. Accommodation was very clean and comfortable. Location was very convenient. Many great restaurants around. (Did not check out the workout room or pool.)

Stayed May 2014
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
CSchlembach,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to write such a positive review of our property! We enjoyed having you as a guest and hope that you continue to make the Courtyard in Round Rock your hotel of choice when you are in the area. We hope to see you again soon!

AGM Courtyard Round Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We got a package deal (flight and hotel) and stayed here for a family wedding. Nice, comfortable and reasonably priced ($99) through the package. All staff was friendly and helpful. We asked for a crib to accommodate our 4 mo grandson. On second night the staff left a bath gift set. Was touched by this gesture.....it really is about customer service and exceeding the expectations! They had a youth baseball tournament and prom staying there but no excess noise that I was aware of. Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Family made reservations separately. We stayed in 320 and the others stayed on the second and sixth...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Terie M,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Round Rock area!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The people who work here are so RUDE... We come down for breakfast which we both swear she said was complimentary, which didnt even matter truth be told. Anyways we come down and we looked around and there was food set out, so they just watch us make a plate. The woman at the Bistro waited until we were done and then goes, "Are you apart of the basketball team?" We of course had no clue what she was talking about and there were lots of people around talking. So she then proceeded to tell us breakfast wasnt free and we needed to pay for it. Thats fine we dont care about paying for breakfast nothing in life is free. They need to learn some serious customer service skills here the way she spoke to us made me want to drop my plate on her counter, thank her for her service (sarcastically), pack and leave. On top for this we were up most of the night because a fan belt was going out on the ac. It would squeal constantly with periodic silence through out the entire night. Needless to say I will never stay at one of these again Hilton, Holiday inn, or even Best western can have my money next time.

• Stayed April 2014
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Paitonsmom,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a warming and enjoyable experience for all of our guests and we failed to that in your case.

We do at times have groups who have a contract to include breakfast in their room rate, and we are going to try to be more clear about labeling that to avoid any confusion going forward.

I am sorry for the negative interaction that you had with our employee the morning of your stay. If you are ever in the area again, please contact me at my email address below so that I can find a way to make it up to you.

brent.hageman@marriott.com
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Good location near highway. Nice lobby and friendly staff. The rooms were spacious but it was nothing luxurious which was fine since I was there for business and not really in the room much. I like that (like all/most Courtyards) there was food available in the lobby and breakfast available as well. They also have a small marketplace for snacks or toiletries. Overall it met my expectations

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear sunnytravels123,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to share your experience with others. We will be starting our room renovation very soon and hope that you can see our new look on your next stay with us.

Your feedback is very important. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Round Rock!

BillSTL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels. This is one of the noisiest I've been at in a loooong time. It started with me requesting a room with no adjoining door, which is ALWAYS a problem. I was informed that the room type I requested only comes with such a door. Strike one. I was then informed that the only rooms of that type were on the first floor. Strike two. When I complained about the connecting door, the nice lady at the desk said she'd mark the next room as only assign as a last resort...which worked for 2 out of 3 nights (the good service from the hotel employees is why this doesn't get a 1-star). Apparently the floors and walls are constructed of paper, as I could hear every stop on the ceiling and it sounded like the upstairs shower was in MY room. Strike 3.

It does have free wi-if. Not bad. But no free breakfast (typical of Courtyards). Bad.

If you want a quiet stay, this is not the place for it. Maybe a nice Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn might be quieter. They can't be any worse.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear BillSTL,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I am very sorry to see that you had trouble with noise during your stay. I am glad to see that our front desk staff did their best to accommodate your needs during your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and for staying at our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next trip so that we can have another chance to earn your business. If there is anything further that I can help you with, please let me know.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is very upscale with a wonderful lobby and terrific lounge area. It's nice to be able to visit as a group in the common areas....great fireplace and TV area in the lounge, grab a soda or adult beverage at the bar, and enjoy the outdoor garden during pleasant patio weather. There are several nice restaurants within walking distance (especially Jack Allen's Kitchen)

The rooms are nice and clean, the toiletries and great quality from Paul Mitchell. By the end of this year, all the rooms will have been renovated with new carpet, furnishings, materials and amentities. It will be even better!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Julie M,

Thank you for taking your time to complete a TripAdvisor review for our hotel! It was truly a pleasure having you as a guest at our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

512-255-5551
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This Courtyard provides the typical "Courtyard" experience. I traveled on business and stayed for 2 nights. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly, never failing to greet me when I entered or left the hotel. The gym was nice - I got in the required workout and all the gym equipment was functioning as you'd expect. The only complaint was that I couldn't get the sound to work on the TV attached to the equipment I used. This could have easily been user error, I'm not sure.

This hotel has the typical Courtyard restaurant, which I really like. The breakfast and dinner I had on site met my expectations and were on par with all the other Courtyards I've used. For outside options, several restaurants are within walking distance. I'm a huge Rudy's fan and never fail to stop there at some point on a trip.

I've stayed here before, will stay again next time I'm in the area on business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear skyrobob,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Round Rock and for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to see that we met your expectations! I especially appreciate the kind words about our staff.

We look forward to seeing your on your next trip to Round Rock.

Courtyard Round Rock

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!