“Average Courtyard, good location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
CT
“Average Courtyard, good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Good location near highway. Nice lobby and friendly staff. The rooms were spacious but it was nothing luxurious which was fine since I was there for business and not really in the room much. I like that (like all/most Courtyards) there was food available in the lobby and breakfast available as well. They also have a small marketplace for snacks or toiletries. Overall it met my expectations

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear sunnytravels123,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to share your experience with others. We will be starting our room renovation very soon and hope that you can see our new look on your next stay with us.

Your feedback is very important. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Round Rock!

AGM Courtyard Round Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
BillSTL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels. This is one of the noisiest I've been at in a loooong time. It started with me requesting a room with no adjoining door, which is ALWAYS a problem. I was informed that the room type I requested only comes with such a door. Strike one. I was then informed that the only rooms of that type were on the first floor. Strike two. When I complained about the connecting door, the nice lady at the desk said she'd mark the next room as only assign as a last resort...which worked for 2 out of 3 nights (the good service from the hotel employees is why this doesn't get a 1-star). Apparently the floors and walls are constructed of paper, as I could hear every stop on the ceiling and it sounded like the upstairs shower was in MY room. Strike 3.

It does have free wi-if. Not bad. But no free breakfast (typical of Courtyards). Bad.

If you want a quiet stay, this is not the place for it. Maybe a nice Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn might be quieter. They can't be any worse.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear BillSTL,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to write a review of our hotel. I am very sorry to see that you had trouble with noise during your stay. I am glad to see that our front desk staff did their best to accommodate your needs during your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and for staying at our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next trip so that we can have another chance to earn your business. If there is anything further that I can help you with, please let me know.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is very upscale with a wonderful lobby and terrific lounge area. It's nice to be able to visit as a group in the common areas....great fireplace and TV area in the lounge, grab a soda or adult beverage at the bar, and enjoy the outdoor garden during pleasant patio weather. There are several nice restaurants within walking distance (especially Jack Allen's Kitchen)

The rooms are nice and clean, the toiletries and great quality from Paul Mitchell. By the end of this year, all the rooms will have been renovated with new carpet, furnishings, materials and amentities. It will be even better!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Julie M,

Thank you for taking your time to complete a TripAdvisor review for our hotel! It was truly a pleasure having you as a guest at our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

512-255-5551
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This Courtyard provides the typical "Courtyard" experience. I traveled on business and stayed for 2 nights. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly, never failing to greet me when I entered or left the hotel. The gym was nice - I got in the required workout and all the gym equipment was functioning as you'd expect. The only complaint was that I couldn't get the sound to work on the TV attached to the equipment I used. This could have easily been user error, I'm not sure.

This hotel has the typical Courtyard restaurant, which I really like. The breakfast and dinner I had on site met my expectations and were on par with all the other Courtyards I've used. For outside options, several restaurants are within walking distance. I'm a huge Rudy's fan and never fail to stop there at some point on a trip.

I've stayed here before, will stay again next time I'm in the area on business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear skyrobob,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Round Rock and for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to see that we met your expectations! I especially appreciate the kind words about our staff.

We look forward to seeing your on your next trip to Round Rock.

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The photos were nice, especially for the lobby. But when I got entered in the room, I was disappointed. Lots of dust was clogged in the A/C unit in the bathroom, which was not very pleasant. Since I stayed only one day, I didn't want to hassle around. But I don't think I would visit this hotel again in the future.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Scimitar82,

Thank you for staying with us and for your recent review of our hotel. We do our best to try to make every guest's stay an pleasant one, and it we are sorry that we didn't meet that goal for your stay.

As we have mentioned in previous reviews, we will be undergoing a renovation of our guests room very soon. We hope that you see the improvement on your next stay.

Please give us another chance to impress you. If you are in the area again, please contact me at my email address brent.hageman@marriott.com, and we will do what we can to make it right.

Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is my third week-long stay at this property. Please also see my review from May 8, 2013.

The property is typical Courtyard, but the staff makes this place TOP NOTCH. Racheal and Kaitlin at the front desk will always welcome you with a smile. They go to great lengths to make sure that you are happy and have everything you need. Brent is a fantastic manager. Ask for him!!!

The hotel lobby has been renovated and offers 24-hour Starbucks coffee. If you happen to be there on a Fri, Sat, or Sun evening, Natalie makes the best Chai Tea Latte imaginable!

The staff informed me during my stay that the rooms will be updated soon. Once this is done, this property will be the best in the Round Rock area.

Thanks again for the great service! See you next trip!

Room Tip: The one bedrooms are very spacious, but the standard room is fine as well. I enjoyed the view of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Jeff R:

Thank you once again for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I especially appreciate that you acknowledged several members of our staff. I will be sharing your review with all of our team members. As you mentioned, we will be starting on our rooms renovation, and we are very excited to show off the new look. It is truly a pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel. Please come see us again soon!

Borgosesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The very gentle reception style did not compensate the troubles we had during the first night.
As a "travellers" we need good shawer and good sleep.
My room was operating with a shower wich deliver "water drops"......and my collegue was sleeping close to a very noise motor engeen! We arrived late and it was difficult to Exchange room.
The second night everything was solved and recomandable!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear ecobravo55,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to write a review. While I am sorry to see that you did not have a great night your first day with us, I am glad to see that we were able to get the issues resolved for you during your stay.

Looking at your profile, I can see that you are quite the world traveler. If you are ever in our area again, please do not hesitate to contact me and we would love another opportunity to serve you.

Thank you once again.

Courtyard Round Rock, TX

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!