“Typical Courtyard Experience - which is a good thing!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #19 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Boston, Massachusetts
“Typical Courtyard Experience - which is a good thing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This Courtyard provides the typical "Courtyard" experience. I traveled on business and stayed for 2 nights. My room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly, never failing to greet me when I entered or left the hotel. The gym was nice - I got in the required workout and all the gym equipment was functioning as you'd expect. The only complaint was that I couldn't get the sound to work on the TV attached to the equipment I used. This could have easily been user error, I'm not sure.

This hotel has the typical Courtyard restaurant, which I really like. The breakfast and dinner I had on site met my expectations and were on par with all the other Courtyards I've used. For outside options, several restaurants are within walking distance. I'm a huge Rudy's fan and never fail to stop there at some point on a trip.

I've stayed here before, will stay again next time I'm in the area on business.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear skyrobob,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Round Rock and for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to see that we met your expectations! I especially appreciate the kind words about our staff.

We look forward to seeing your on your next trip to Round Rock.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The photos were nice, especially for the lobby. But when I got entered in the room, I was disappointed. Lots of dust was clogged in the A/C unit in the bathroom, which was not very pleasant. Since I stayed only one day, I didn't want to hassle around. But I don't think I would visit this hotel again in the future.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Scimitar82,

Thank you for staying with us and for your recent review of our hotel. We do our best to try to make every guest's stay an pleasant one, and it we are sorry that we didn't meet that goal for your stay.

As we have mentioned in previous reviews, we will be undergoing a renovation of our guests room very soon. We hope that you see the improvement on your next stay.

Please give us another chance to impress you. If you are in the area again, please contact me at my email address brent.hageman@marriott.com, and we will do what we can to make it right.

AGM Courtyard Round Rock
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is my third week-long stay at this property. Please also see my review from May 8, 2013.

The property is typical Courtyard, but the staff makes this place TOP NOTCH. Racheal and Kaitlin at the front desk will always welcome you with a smile. They go to great lengths to make sure that you are happy and have everything you need. Brent is a fantastic manager. Ask for him!!!

The hotel lobby has been renovated and offers 24-hour Starbucks coffee. If you happen to be there on a Fri, Sat, or Sun evening, Natalie makes the best Chai Tea Latte imaginable!

The staff informed me during my stay that the rooms will be updated soon. Once this is done, this property will be the best in the Round Rock area.

Thanks again for the great service! See you next trip!

Room Tip: The one bedrooms are very spacious, but the standard room is fine as well. I enjoyed the view of th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Jeff R:

Thank you once again for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I especially appreciate that you acknowledged several members of our staff. I will be sharing your review with all of our team members. As you mentioned, we will be starting on our rooms renovation, and we are very excited to show off the new look. It is truly a pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel. Please come see us again soon!

AGM Courtyard Round Rock
Borgosesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

The very gentle reception style did not compensate the troubles we had during the first night.
As a "travellers" we need good shawer and good sleep.
My room was operating with a shower wich deliver "water drops"......and my collegue was sleeping close to a very noise motor engeen! We arrived late and it was difficult to Exchange room.
The second night everything was solved and recomandable!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear ecobravo55,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to write a review. While I am sorry to see that you did not have a great night your first day with us, I am glad to see that we were able to get the issues resolved for you during your stay.

Looking at your profile, I can see that you are quite the world traveler. If you are ever in our area again, please do not hesitate to contact me and we would love another opportunity to serve you.

Thank you once again.

Courtyard Round Rock, TX
Sugar Land
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

From the fast and easy check in to the great room. All went well here. Turn in off the feeder road was a little tricky but being there for a week got it down pat. Also have a back exit so it helped greatly at times. Very friendly and helpful staff, nice seating area in the lobby with Starbucks coffee bar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Williams D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are truly happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Vidor, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Between Hotwire and Priceline, it is rare that I pay a rate over $60 for a hotel these days for anything less than a 3 1/2 star hotel. Unfortunately, I was bound to book through a group rate with this hotel at the astounding cost of $109 BEFORE all of the taxes and fees to follow. I stayed in the Westin Oaks Galleria a four star hotel last week for $83 a night! It ticks me off that whoever it was that booked this group of rooms let the Courtyard gouge them at such a rate, and I was stuck to do the paying. Anyway, now that is off my chest, I will try and give an honest review of this property. It was clean, and I really liked the contemporary theme of the lobby area. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The bed was comfortable, but the room was quite small. It has been a while since I have stayed at a Courtyard, and maybe they are all like that. I felt cramped. The bed was facing away from the T.V. I am not sure why. The room was properly stocked with the usual amenities. The bathroom area was tiny and crowded into a narrow area immediately before entering the shower room and toilet. The toilet was one of those small commodes where if you are a man you have to be careful or your bottom area will take a bath while you sit and think big thoughts! The water flow was weak and it took quite some time for the water to get hot. Not that big of a deal, but a bit unusual in hotels these days. Oh by the way, did I tell you I paid $109 plus for this room! ;) Anyway, hope this review helps. This room was not worth what we paid for it, but it was a pleasant enough stay.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was small. There may be bigger rooms. Ask to see your room before you get you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear tripjeffrey,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I truly appreciate the nice comments about our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. As is true with almost all hotels, our rates will vary depending on local demand for accomodations. We strive to provide clean and affordable rooms combined with the level of service that our guests expect from a Marriott hotel. As you might have read in other reviews, we will be undergoing a room renovation soon, and we are very excited to show our guests the new look.

Thank you once again! We look forward to getting another chance to serve you in the future!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was clean and the bed was comfortable but it needs some updates. You can find restaurants close by but you will have to drive to most places in Austin. Service was nice but not the best. You can have breakfast on site but the place does not open until 7 am. This is a good place to stay if you want a place to sleep only.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Maru T,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We will be updating our rooms very soon. Hopefully you see the improvements to the hotel on your next stay. Our breakfast service starts at 7am on weekends and holidays and at 6:30 on weekdays. Thanks again. We hope to see you back soon!

Courtyard Round Rock

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!