“Typical Courtyard Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
College Station, TX
“Typical Courtyard Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The hotel was reasonably priced, clean and maintained. I like the location because it is convenient to lots of things in the Round Rock area as well as a ton of eating options that are in walking distance or a short drive. The room was typical Courtyard size and furnishings and everything worked like it was supposed to. The staff was courteous and answered any questions I asked correctly regarding locations and procedures. The workout room equipment was typical and everything worked well. My room felt humid when I walked in but it was evening in August after a thunderstorm so that didn't surprise me. All in all it easily met my Courtyard expectations in comparison to other Courtyard properties.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear SouthernStar269,

Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I will pass on the nice words that you said about our staff to them. Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope you come back again soon!

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is clean and the staff very friendly. Love the pool and the whirlpool. Convenient to awesome eats as well. Rudy's and Jack Allens for jacked up rita's. Mango Habanero was a favorite. Would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear CocoSmooth,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I will pass on your positive comments to our staff. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you! Thanks you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here with soccer group. Lobby has been renovated, rooms are next. Beds and pillows were very comfy. I was informed renovated rooms will have Refrigerators! There is no free breakfast but there is a new quick service area that serves several types of food and Starbucks. Also, a second lobby with two computers and a computer station for flight info and boarding passes. Pool is located outdoors. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Normally Courtyard isn't my first choice out of the Marriott Chain but this location is one of my new favs!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear ACMilanmom,

Thank you for your feedback! As you stated, we have had our lobby renovation and we will be starting on the rooms in the near future. After the renovation, we will have fridges in every room. We appreciate the kind words that you had to say about our staff. Thank you once more we look forward to seeing you again after our room renovation!

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The rooms were very noisy and unfriendly staff. They have a coffee shop that they upon check in said was open 24 hrs., but closed long before 11:00 PM. The rooms were in poor shape, and all night we heard the whirring of the AC units and noise from all around the hotel.
Pros: It is at a great location, took us about 20 minutes to get to downtown and the Capitol Hill building. They do not have breakfast in the morning but there is a Denny’s at a walking distance.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room away from the swimming pool for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear jacobtwo,

We are sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We strive to deliver the best experience to all of our guests, and we apparently have failed in your case.

We do in fact serve Starbucks Coffee 24 hours a day. All of our front desk staff is trained to make the Starbucks drinks during the hours that the Bistro is closed.

We are sorry that you had trouble with the noise from guests in the pool area and the air conditioners during your stay. As you said, the rooms that do not face the pool would be quieter choices during summer months when guests are actively using our outdoor pool area.

Once again, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments at my email address brenthageman@marriott.com

AGM Courtyard Round Rock
Lufkin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've been here for 20 minutes if i could find another room in this town i would leave now.. But everything is booked because of the High School Baseball All Star Game. But the room is musty and wet feeling the bathroom smells like urine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ruston S,

On behalf of the Courtyard by Marriott in Round Rock, please accept my apology for your unpleasant experience at our hotel.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. I am truly sorry that there were issues with the odor of your room during your stay.

Once again we are truly sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments. Thank you.

AGM Courtyard Round Rock
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We loved our stay. I love all the outside places to sit and relax. There was a nice fire pit area. The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. Our room was somewhat spacious and very clean. I would recommend this on the way in to Austin because depending on the time of day you arrive you avoid the traffic going into the city. We did all the fun things in Austin and then as we leave in the morning to head north again we avoid the traffic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Millee_A,

Thank you so much for the positive review of our hotel! I have posted your comments so that our staff can see the kind words that you expressed about your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Brent Hagman
AGM
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this Courtyard at least four times and am now surprised at how things have slipped over time.

First, my bathroom was not clean (soap scum on the shower soap tray and the toilet was dirty. The toilet is white, there should not be brown things on it!).

Second was breakfast. This is the second time I've eaten in the new lobby and the second time where I've had to deal with a totally-untrained employee who couldn't operate the cash register. Perhaps the register is complicated?

Third is also breakfast. I expect fresh food. When my bacon arrived it had obviously been sitting for many hours. It was cold and tasted like it had been cooked the previous day. I got a mild case of "food poisoning" from it.

Any one of these is unforgivable knowing the standards of Marriott.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RedSpyder,

On behalf of our hotel please let me apologize that you had an unpleasant stay with us..

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. We are working to improve every day and hope that you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay.

AGM
Courtyard Round Rock Texas

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!