“Time to renovate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Houston, TX
“Time to renovate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I think another reviewer said as much, but this is not up to Courtyard standards. The lobby is updated to look and function like all other Courtyards, but the rooms are on the decrepit side. Our room was adequately clean, but there were lots and lots of signs of rust and mildew in the bathroom. The carpet and walls could use some work. Overall, the room was just meh. I've stayed in many many Courtyards. This reminded me more of a circa 1980s Ramada Inn. On a positive note, good location and very friendly and prompt check in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Ikavanag,

Thank your for your recent stay and review of our hotel. Guest feedback is very important to us and we are glad that you took the time to let us know how we are doing. Thank you for the positive comments about our front desk staff. The rooms will be undergoing renovations sometime within the next year, and we are very excited to show off the new look when that is completed. Thank you once again for your review and your time. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Courtyard Round Rock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff at this location go above and beyond for their guests. Melissa is fantastic! My check in experience with her was top notch! Brent gives great dinner recommendations and Racheal is a sweetheart.

The rooms are typical Courtyard, and could use an update. The lobby area has been updated and the 24-Hour Starbucks coffee is wonderful. Natalie will take great care of you!

This is a great place to stay and is in a great location, right off IH-35.

Room Tip: The one bedrooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jeff R,

Wow! Thank you for your outstanding review of our location! I will be posting your review for all of our staff to see the nice words which you wrote about them. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. We truly appreciate taking your time to write the review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Courtyard Round Rock

P.S. Thanks for the tomato-basil pie. :-)
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a pretty average Courtyard, but does have some friendly staff, which helps. A few good eating options close by also. The foyer is the new format, with a bistro and bar if you do not want to leave the hotel yo eat.

• Stayed April 2013
Mr. Nomolos,

Thank you for your recent stay at our location and the review of our hotel. I will be posting your review in our back office so that our staff can see the kind words which you wrote about them. Guest feedback is very important to our goal of providing a great experience for our guests, and I thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Round Rock.

Frisco, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were amazed. Comfortable bed, great shower, a/c just right, quiet. We had a perfect week-end get away in the Austin area. We have never stayed at a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel. Now, we wont stay in anything but a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel. Round Rock staff were wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear levans7946,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I will let the staff know about your compliments. They are greatly appreciated, as is your patronage! We hope to see you again soon!

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am a fan of Marriott but this hotel disappointed me. It was updated to the new lobby decor but there were many things that truly disappointed me. We know that SXSW Music Festival was on, though we were not there for that, but the room cost was ridiculous for what it provided. The first room we had was terrible, the TV didn't work, the toilet didn't work and the Internet service would kick me off every few minutes and then I would have to sign-in again and again. We were moved when we complained. The second room was better but the Internet service was the same. I had to go down to the lobby to answer my emails and do online research. The beds seemed to be shorted sheeted. The sheets a blankets only cam up to the middle of my chest and when we pulled them out on the bottom to cover ourselves our feet would stick out. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to the new Holiday Inn Express just behind the Courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bob B,

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We are always trying to improve on our service and looking for areas to improve, and your feedback is very important to that process.

I will be looking into the issue that you had with your sheets. I will let you know that we have upgraded our internet bandwidth recently, which should improve any issues that you had with the internet if you decide to stay again. Problems with televisions and toilets are rare, but do occur from time to time and usually resolved quickly with a call to the front desk.

I can certainly understand your frustration during your stay with us. We would like the opportunity to earn your business and show you that we can do better on your next trip to Round Rock. If you are traveling through the area again, please email me at brent.hageman@marriott.com. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again!

Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We found everything fully adequate at this hotel. It is in an good location, adjacent to I-35. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance, which can be a good thing for those who do not want to get back into a car and fight the traffic on the interstate. The room was fine, and the staff were professional.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear WestTexastraveller,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I will pass on the kinds words that you wrote about our staff. It is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you on your next trip through Round Rock, Texas!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The day before my checkout I arrived back at my room to find all of my belongings missing. I immediately called the front desk freaking out. They proceeded to tell me that I had extended my stay and that they had no rooms available. Aka; kicking me out. I told them I had reservations through the next day. The manager argued with me saying no you don't. I hung up the phone walked to the front desk with my confirmation number and departing date. Reluctantly she said I could stay but she never apologized and never admitted that she was wrong. Personally, I think CYM overbooked the rooms that night to accommodate schools that were there participating in the state high school basketball championship. I was in a room with double beds. I think managements thinking was that it was easier to kick me out than argue with some basketball coach. I am just thankful I had my confirmation number or they would have definitely kicked me out.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Cowboys 112,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. Feedback like yours is very important to our efforts to continually improve our service to our guests.

I am very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience with our hotel. What you experienced should not have happened. We have taken steps to ensure that our future guests do not have the same thing happen during their stay.

Please email me at brent.hageman@marriott.com if you are in the Round Rock area again. We would love another chance to earn your business. Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!