“southern people” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Glendale, Arizona
“southern people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard in Round Rock and really enjoyed my stay. The southern hospitality is so refreshing. Bistro was good. Rooms clean, pool well taken care of and loved the quiteness of the Courtyard during the early morning. Staff was extremely helpful no matter what time of day you came or went. Great trip~Great stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Angie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Brianna D.

Thank you so much for your response. We truly appreciate all of your kind words and are truly happy that you enjoyed your stay!

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hi I stayed at Courtyard Roundrock for some time and was made to FEEL RIGHT AT HOME. The staff were very attentive and made us smile everytime we came in or out. The second day the staff at the bar had identified us and recalled our beverages of choice and asked us if you would care for the same. My sweetheart was incredibly impressed. We had a very stressful personal situation going on and the hospitality we received from everyone made our stay most memorable inspite of our personal turmoil. Thank you so much for those extra touches. We sleept in late and houskeeper Olga was exceptional... came in after we left and our room was always immaculate. Something very important for us! The food was great and I really cant say I had breakfast for we would always miss it but we stayed longer than expected and always extended our stay because we felt at home. Everyone at the front desk we greeting us with a smile and always there when we came in at night.... outstanding location ... great restaurants walking distance, outlet center. We highly recommend this hotel and will return there someday . We will never forget how they made us feel considering we were emotionally drained;.... Angie Gollihare the General Manager met us at the front desk and was very professional and interested genuinely in helping us...

Francisco B.

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We are truly greatful that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and stay with us again!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Our stay with the Courtyard was for two weeks and it was amazing! The renovations in the lobby and bar area are beautiful and there is a lovely TV room with computers and a fireplace with a large assortment of books- all very modern and trendy decor. The service was outstanding and my boyfriend and I felt right at home every time we walked in through the front doors.We will definitely stay here again, and the food was yummy! I must say the beds in the room were very comfortable as well. Thank you Courtyard Roundrock.

Dear Lovetheluxxelife,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We do appreciate hearing what our guests love about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We found dirty sheets on the pullout bed and an ancient a/c/heater that made the room smell bad. I suggest you not stay here.

• Stayed November 2011
Angie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Josh0318

Thank you so much for writing a review and bringing it my attention that we missed something crucial. This is certailnly not our true standard and we want you and all of our guest to have a very enjoyable stay. I do hope you come back and give us another try!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for five nights and all I can say it was an average hotel , nothing bad but also nothing great .

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Foodinizer,

Thank you so much for leaving feedback on Tripadvisor. We certainly don't want to be you're "average stay". Please feel free to contact me and let me know what more we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable. We do strive to be Excellent!

Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is an older hotel. The rooms were very standard, but comfortable. Breakfast is offered, but the menu is very limited. My husband had french toast, which he really enjoyed. I had a strawberry parfait, which was also very good. The prices were reasonable. We did not use the pool, but we did visit with family in an area adjacent to the dining room which was a large, comfortable lounge area with couches, large TV, etc. There were also several computers for our use, as well as a free printer to print our boarding passes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mary M,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you!

Bonham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Desk clerk first asked me for a credit card. I gave it to him thinking it would be used in the case of damage or stolen towels. I planned to pay by check, but I didnt get a chance to tell him that because he rushed me through sign in so he could help the next guy. I find out at dinner that he ran my card when I am declined. Luckily I had some cash in my pocket. We got it straightened out but the "pending charge" stays on for 3-5 days. Thank God for vendors who buy dinner! I was pretty upset.
A/C was not cold. So. TX, 90 degree weather, I want cold air so I can sleep. One clerk said, "we've already checked it once so you will have to change rooms". That was in the morning, upon return, the next clerk said all the a/c units are the same so it wont be much of a change. The room was in a quiet area, so I opted to live with the heat. BTW, that was 2nd floor, north wall. Not as many rooms down that hallway.
Used the fitness room. Very nice machines. They have 2 treadmills, with televions and they supply earplugs. There is the stair step/arm thingy machine, a weight bench with free weights which I enjoy. That room was nice and cool. Whirpool inside. Outdoor pool witj nice patio. T.v. Room/lounge and a Bistro that a number of people seemed to enjoy.
Dennys right across 2 lane quiet road, Carinos also. Cracker Barrel is walking distance but 4lanes of traffic.
Oh! The clerk who messed me up, did provide a fridge for me on the 2nd night and that was very much appreciated. People fill their coolers and there is never enough ice. Wish motels would provide more fridges. They get a whole point on the scale just for that (providing fridge.)
Room was cery clean and quiet, counter was not wide enough, but you can tell by now I am picky.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, north side by stairwell is very quiet, close to elevator and ice machine, but not too clo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear ktbfarms,

Thank you so much for writing a review, as this gives us chance to address any issues that you might have had. I am very sorry for the inconvenience with the credit card. Unfortunately, our hotel does require a valid credit/debit card at check in and we do not accept checks as a form of payment. I'm sorry if this caused any hassles for you, as I know if you used a debit card the bank puts a hold that stays for 3-5 business days.

I am glad you enjoyed the fitness rooms, whirlpool, and lobby area. These areas were all renovated the end of 2011 and offer great space, functionality and upgrades to our guests. I do hope you got a chance to enjoy something from Starbucks!

I know Texas in the summer can be very hot and we do try hard to keep hard working, cooling AC's in our rooms. From time to time they do break down and get replaced immediately. I am glad we were able to get you a fridge to make things a little more convenient for you.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and do hope you give us another try! Please feel free to contact me, as I would personally like to make sure you get taken care of!

Sincerly,

Angie Gollihare

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!