“Dirty Rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
“Dirty Rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We found dirty sheets on the pullout bed and an ancient a/c/heater that made the room smell bad. I suggest you not stay here.

• Stayed November 2011
Angie G, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Josh0318

Thank you so much for writing a review and bringing it my attention that we missed something crucial. This is certailnly not our true standard and we want you and all of our guest to have a very enjoyable stay. I do hope you come back and give us another try!

Angie Gollihare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for five nights and all I can say it was an average hotel , nothing bad but also nothing great .

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Foodinizer,

Thank you so much for leaving feedback on Tripadvisor. We certainly don't want to be you're "average stay". Please feel free to contact me and let me know what more we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable. We do strive to be Excellent!

Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is an older hotel. The rooms were very standard, but comfortable. Breakfast is offered, but the menu is very limited. My husband had french toast, which he really enjoyed. I had a strawberry parfait, which was also very good. The prices were reasonable. We did not use the pool, but we did visit with family in an area adjacent to the dining room which was a large, comfortable lounge area with couches, large TV, etc. There were also several computers for our use, as well as a free printer to print our boarding passes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mary M,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back soon! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for you!

Bonham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Desk clerk first asked me for a credit card. I gave it to him thinking it would be used in the case of damage or stolen towels. I planned to pay by check, but I didnt get a chance to tell him that because he rushed me through sign in so he could help the next guy. I find out at dinner that he ran my card when I am declined. Luckily I had some cash in my pocket. We got it straightened out but the "pending charge" stays on for 3-5 days. Thank God for vendors who buy dinner! I was pretty upset.
A/C was not cold. So. TX, 90 degree weather, I want cold air so I can sleep. One clerk said, "we've already checked it once so you will have to change rooms". That was in the morning, upon return, the next clerk said all the a/c units are the same so it wont be much of a change. The room was in a quiet area, so I opted to live with the heat. BTW, that was 2nd floor, north wall. Not as many rooms down that hallway.
Used the fitness room. Very nice machines. They have 2 treadmills, with televions and they supply earplugs. There is the stair step/arm thingy machine, a weight bench with free weights which I enjoy. That room was nice and cool. Whirpool inside. Outdoor pool witj nice patio. T.v. Room/lounge and a Bistro that a number of people seemed to enjoy.
Dennys right across 2 lane quiet road, Carinos also. Cracker Barrel is walking distance but 4lanes of traffic.
Oh! The clerk who messed me up, did provide a fridge for me on the 2nd night and that was very much appreciated. People fill their coolers and there is never enough ice. Wish motels would provide more fridges. They get a whole point on the scale just for that (providing fridge.)
Room was cery clean and quiet, counter was not wide enough, but you can tell by now I am picky.

Room Tip: 2nd floor, north side by stairwell is very quiet, close to elevator and ice machine, but not too clo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear ktbfarms,

Thank you so much for writing a review, as this gives us chance to address any issues that you might have had. I am very sorry for the inconvenience with the credit card. Unfortunately, our hotel does require a valid credit/debit card at check in and we do not accept checks as a form of payment. I'm sorry if this caused any hassles for you, as I know if you used a debit card the bank puts a hold that stays for 3-5 business days.

I am glad you enjoyed the fitness rooms, whirlpool, and lobby area. These areas were all renovated the end of 2011 and offer great space, functionality and upgrades to our guests. I do hope you got a chance to enjoy something from Starbucks!

I know Texas in the summer can be very hot and we do try hard to keep hard working, cooling AC's in our rooms. From time to time they do break down and get replaced immediately. I am glad we were able to get you a fridge to make things a little more convenient for you.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback and do hope you give us another try! Please feel free to contact me, as I would personally like to make sure you get taken care of!

Sincerly,

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Courtyard Marriott – Round Rock Review

We stayed here for one night after visiting Salado, TX and Georgetown, TX. As Courtyards go, this one is fine although as mentioned in previous reviews, the noise from I-35 could bother some people.

For a Saturday night stay, I was surprised to see how few customers they had, however competition for this price point hotel is pretty steep in Round Rock. We are Marriott reward members so we try to stay at Marriott properties as often as possible. We hadn’t been to a Courtyard for a while however, preferring either higher end Marriott properties (in larger cities) or Fairfield Inn and Springhill Suites for on the road stopovers. Frankly, I’m not sure where Courtyards fit in the Marriott lineup anymore. They don’t serve free breakfasts (as Fairfield, TownePlace, and Springhill do), but they don’t have higher end amenities like full blown Marriott or Renaissance Hotels.

This Courtyard in Round Rock is easy access off of I-35 for those wanting to be near but not in Austin. The lobby area is fairly new, there is a large screen TV viewing in the lobby area, and a nice outdoor pool and courtyard off of the lobby. There is also what Marriott calls the “Bistro”, which seems just a bit more upscale than the complimentary breakfasts lobbies offered at the above mentioned Marriott type properties (which also have little snack purchase areas). I guess if you didn’t want to drive anywhere, the quick sandwich/small meal options are fine and you can buy snacks and drinks also. But with so many eating establishments, chains restaurants, and other options around Round Rock (and of course Austin), we didn’t see the need. In fact, I don’t remember seeing anyone ever sitting in or buying items at the “Bistro”. We didn’t try it so I can’t comment on how good or bad the food is.

When we arrived, in the early evening, the lady at check in was pleasant and efficient. I jokingly asked for a room with a balcony and was given a room with a real walk out balcony (king) on the 3rd floor. The view (and noise) of I-35 detracted from this addition to our room but it was still kind of fun to have. The room itself didn’t distinguish itself from the other “by the highway” Marriott properties but it was comfortable enough. The room did not seem as updated as the lobby/bistro downstairs and I believe this property is about 10 years old. Maybe they are going to update the rooms eventually. The bathroom has a step in tub/shower and again seemed a bit dated. The LCD TV was nice and you do get free WIFI but again…no different really than a Fairfield Inn.

Bottom line is that if you like the convenience (and less expense) of a courtesy breakfast and don’t need a “Bistro”, a Fairfield Inn is a better option. If you want a little more upscale lobby, more chance of an outdoor pool, and want the convenience of being able to buy drinks and small meals/snacks then you’ll like Courtyard. The price seems to be within a few dollars of each other. In fact, we had our choice of several Fairfield and Springhill properties closer to Austin that we could have selected (and probably will in the future). I guess Marriott is all about choice. I just think their choices aren’t really much different, at least when it comes to choosing a Courtyard over other similar Marriott properties.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony, there are a few rooms with this addition. But beware of the noise from I-35...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Brent H, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Atcken,

Thank you for your informative review of our hotel. As we have said in other reviews, we will be updating the rooms in the near future. We hope to see you again so that we can serve your travel needs in Round Rock.

Brent Hageman
AGM Courtyard Round Rock
Carmel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

This hotel is in a great location - near good food (Rudy's, Chuy's, etc.), near lots of shopping (e.g. Round Rock mall), and right on I35 for easy access to all the local toll roads.

The hotel provides everything needed, including a good-enough fitness center and restaurant. Their new remodeled lobby and business center is great. I also found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful. I got great advice on the area, which helped a bunch since my family and I are in the process of moving here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011 via mobile

Good location north of Austin. Remodeled lobby. Friendly staff. Typical rooms. I would stay again. No issues at all.
I appreciate the speaker phone in the room. Traveling on business, most hotels don't have the speaker phone functionality. When you have to be on conference calls, this is a big plus.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Austin Round Rock? Share your experiences!