“Good value for the price, but if you are used to Marriotts and Hiltons, this is not for you” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. I-35, City Centre Business Park, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm in the middle of a month-plus stay while my wife sells our house back in Caribou and we buy a new one in Pflugerville. The customer service has been quite good, and the facilities are decent. The rooms? Well, let's face it, a lot of people who stay in these type of hotels tend to beat the crap out of everything, so they're a little run-down, and not the cleanest in the world. Having said that, the bed was very comfy, everything worked, and for the price I was paying (averages out to about $35 a night), I really can't complain. Would I stay here for a night or a weekend? No, I'd stay somewhere like a Marriott or a Hilton. Would I stay here for another extended stay, if necessary? Probably.

Room Tip: Just go with what I always ask for: high floor, away from the elevator. Can't really do the for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the cleanliness was not up to your, nor our, standards. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are committed to having the highest standard possible in regards to cleanliness. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at arr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tampa Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

When I arrived they were very prompt and had my reservation and room ready .
First room was missing a tv. So went back to the front desk and got another room , it had a tv and very dirty carport. I decided I could just wear my shoes, and not move again.

They have a nice coffee set up for the morning and some easy grab n go breakfast snack.

The bed does not have a mattress cover , only a thin sheet between you and the hard mattress.
However I sleep well because the ac worked well and I was beside the train tracks , which I love, yes a little crazy I know , but I love the sound of trains from my childhood .

No coke or ice machine in the hotel , so I ordered food delivery and they let t hem bring it right by your room. I was at first a little afraid of this aspect but all went well and I got my meal at 9 pm. I was very grateful for the meal service.

I would not stay here more than a week , maybe the larger rooms are nice but the single room leaves much to be desired.

Room Tip: Do not get the double bed room. It really is too small and the floors were very dirty. If you like...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad that you liked our hotel's location and that your check-in went so smoothly. Please accept my apologies that your first room did not have a television; however, I am glad that our staff was able to move your room and provide you with better accommodations. As well, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast. This is a new feature, so we are happy that you liked it.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at arr@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nothing special here. Smaller than average room. Queen size bed was really a full size. Had to get a smoking room since they were out of non-smoking. I used the Febreze so it was tolerable. Sharon at the front desk was nice and helpful. I wouldn't recommend this motel for a single night stay. But it was cheap and quick.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Kyle - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our most sincere apologies for being placed into a smoking room. To uphold our company's high standards, we will review our policies to ensure this doesn't happen again moving forward. Still, I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, especially Sharon.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please feel free to contact me directly, at ARR@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Mini everything. Crazy loud especially after midnight. Staff did nothing to fix the problems. I guess if it was just you and you could sleep in because you didn't have anything to do the next day the. Go for it. I don't know how they expect anyone to stay for an extended period of time with a mini fridge. We had to purchase a big ice chest to hold milk and stuff. Then they don't even have an ice machine to fill up the cooler so we had to spend more money on ice. Not a good choice for a long stay

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that you and your family were disturbed by noise from other guests throughout the evening hours. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we have put together an action plan to combat this issue to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at arr@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room here for a quick stay to meet up with family for dinner. I got to the hotel and nobody was at the front desk. I called the main number, nothing. I finally got a hold of someone at the headquarters and said somebody would be on their way. My family showed up. I have been traveling for 2 days and badly needed a shower. But they got to see me all frustrated and smelly waiting for somebody to check me in. There was no lobby for them to sit in so we all just stood there. Finally an employee came up, said she was "helping another guest" and checked me in. She smelled like smoke.(this was 25 min after I arrived). Later when I returned from dinner the same employee was standing by the front door smoking. Great image for your hotel. At least she won't miss a check in while she's smoking there! Paying $60 for a room I don't expect anything to be honest, but at least somebody to check me in! Also the room is the smallest I have ever seen. No counter top on the bathroom. It was moderately clean though.

• Stayed July 2013
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. Please accept our most sincere apologies that you had to wait for one of our staff members to assist you with check-in because they were not present at the front desk upon arrival. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the entire team and reminded them of their responsibilities to our guests to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at arr@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Richardson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The only thing this hotel has going for it is the price and location. The whole hotel smells bad, our sheets and towels had body hairs in them. The free breakfast was poor, take your business elsewhere it's not worth the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Justin - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the free grab-and-go breakfast and that your room was unclean at check-in. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here from july 5-7 while in Austin visiting friends. The front desk person was extremely nice and helpful (even looked up and printed out directions to a restaurant I was meeting my friends at.) Priceline booked me into a smoking room by accident and they changed me to non-smoking larger room with no problem! I liked that each room also has the equivalent of a small fully-equipped kitchenettte.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Still, I am sorry that Priceline booked you into a smoking room. It is great to know that while this was unfortunate, we were able to remedy the situation and make your stay so pleasant overall.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ARR@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North? Share your experiences!