“Avoid This Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. I-35, City Centre Business Park, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Richardson, Texas
“Avoid This Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The only thing this hotel has going for it is the price and location. The whole hotel smells bad, our sheets and towels had body hairs in them. The free breakfast was poor, take your business elsewhere it's not worth the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Justin - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the free grab-and-go breakfast and that your room was unclean at check-in. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here from july 5-7 while in Austin visiting friends. The front desk person was extremely nice and helpful (even looked up and printed out directions to a restaurant I was meeting my friends at.) Priceline booked me into a smoking room by accident and they changed me to non-smoking larger room with no problem! I liked that each room also has the equivalent of a small fully-equipped kitchenettte.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Still, I am sorry that Priceline booked you into a smoking room. It is great to know that while this was unfortunate, we were able to remedy the situation and make your stay so pleasant overall.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ARR@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Stay was short but experience was excellent. Value
can't be beat. Would stay again.I would recommend this motel to my family and friends.We
have a miniature breed dog that we travel with and
they are very pet friendly. Our dog seemed to sense that and did not display her normal anxiety at staying in a motel.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Austin, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

there is not enuff room for all the bad things at this location. the only place that i know of that is worse is a crack house. jail was cleaner, and safer. i feel for the girls at the fron desk, they are trapped in a location that is great for dealing with unhappy clients, i think they will excell in a customer service job after this one

Room Tip: pick anywhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you felt the cleanliness and safety did not meet your expectations. I met with the staff, and we will work furiously to ensure that the cleanliness and safety concerns are not repeated. Our company takes the safety of our guests very seriously.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at arr@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Again, I truly apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, and we will continue to make every experience a pleasant one.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

When I travel, one of the main things that I look for is the customer service skills of the staff. While at times I know they get frustrated with certain people, I expect them to treat everyone fairly and just at all times, especially at night when everyone is tired. The room was nice, but there wasn't a trash can in the room, hmm. Other than that, I have always enjoyed my stay(s) at extended. As for the value, hey, $45.00 per night including taxes, is very, very, customer friendly.

On a side note, the staff needs to be more assertive when it comes to people hanging out in the main entrance. the night I stayed there, there were 4 people hanging out smoking in the front and it seemed a bit uncomfortable. NON-SMOKING signage needs to be posted at ALL entrances. NO exceptions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our front desk staff; however, we apologize that we didn't do a better job of controlling the individuals smoking in the front entrance area. To uphold our company's high standards, we will use your comments to coach our team moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Nacogdoches, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was clean, but the hall ways were dirty and the outside of the hotel needs some work. Breakfast was ceral bars and instant oatmeal not very good for the price we paid. the other bright spot was the free internet and the staff was very nice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the staff and the free wi-fi access. I sincerely apologize the hotels cleanliness and breakfast did not meet your expectations and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The staff at this location was very nice and very courteous and professional. The facility is a dump. There were residents just loitering out by the front door at all times of the day or night, and you need to weave your way past them through their cigarette smoke to get in or out. The continental breakfast was terribly weak coffee, some Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and some instant oatmeal packets. This was my first...AND LAST...experience with an Extended Stay America facility. There were other hotels for less that would have surely been more satisfactory. Oh...and then there was the fire alarm that caused us to evacuate, but nobody knew what caused it and the trains that run right next to the facility at all hours of the night blowing their horns...just a very shabby place.

Room Tip: My tip to choose a good room? Choose one at a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was glad to hear that you felt the staff was "nice, courteous and professional". The situation you described regarding other guests loitering causing you concern is not acceptable. We are working with our staff and implementing training on how are staff should handle this type of situation to ensure it does not continue to happen in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North? Share your experiences!