“Excellent motel very affordable. Would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. I-35, City Centre Business Park, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
“Excellent motel very affordable. Would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Stay was short but experience was excellent. Value
can't be beat. Would stay again.I would recommend this motel to my family and friends.We
have a miniature breed dog that we travel with and
they are very pet friendly. Our dog seemed to sense that and did not display her normal anxiety at staying in a motel.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Austin, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

there is not enuff room for all the bad things at this location. the only place that i know of that is worse is a crack house. jail was cleaner, and safer. i feel for the girls at the fron desk, they are trapped in a location that is great for dealing with unhappy clients, i think they will excell in a customer service job after this one

Room Tip: pick anywhere else
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you felt the cleanliness and safety did not meet your expectations. I met with the staff, and we will work furiously to ensure that the cleanliness and safety concerns are not repeated. Our company takes the safety of our guests very seriously.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at arr@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience. Again, I truly apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, and we will continue to make every experience a pleasant one.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

When I travel, one of the main things that I look for is the customer service skills of the staff. While at times I know they get frustrated with certain people, I expect them to treat everyone fairly and just at all times, especially at night when everyone is tired. The room was nice, but there wasn't a trash can in the room, hmm. Other than that, I have always enjoyed my stay(s) at extended. As for the value, hey, $45.00 per night including taxes, is very, very, customer friendly.

On a side note, the staff needs to be more assertive when it comes to people hanging out in the main entrance. the night I stayed there, there were 4 people hanging out smoking in the front and it seemed a bit uncomfortable. NON-SMOKING signage needs to be posted at ALL entrances. NO exceptions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our front desk staff; however, we apologize that we didn't do a better job of controlling the individuals smoking in the front entrance area. To uphold our company's high standards, we will use your comments to coach our team moving forward.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at arr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Nacogdoches, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was clean, but the hall ways were dirty and the outside of the hotel needs some work. Breakfast was ceral bars and instant oatmeal not very good for the price we paid. the other bright spot was the free internet and the staff was very nice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the staff and the free wi-fi access. I sincerely apologize the hotels cleanliness and breakfast did not meet your expectations and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The staff at this location was very nice and very courteous and professional. The facility is a dump. There were residents just loitering out by the front door at all times of the day or night, and you need to weave your way past them through their cigarette smoke to get in or out. The continental breakfast was terribly weak coffee, some Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and some instant oatmeal packets. This was my first...AND LAST...experience with an Extended Stay America facility. There were other hotels for less that would have surely been more satisfactory. Oh...and then there was the fire alarm that caused us to evacuate, but nobody knew what caused it and the trains that run right next to the facility at all hours of the night blowing their horns...just a very shabby place.

Room Tip: My tip to choose a good room? Choose one at a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was glad to hear that you felt the staff was "nice, courteous and professional". The situation you described regarding other guests loitering causing you concern is not acceptable. We are working with our staff and implementing training on how are staff should handle this type of situation to ensure it does not continue to happen in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent more per night than we usually do because our daughter was playing in the State Tennis Finals and we wanted to be near her hotel. For $150+ per night, we expected really nice accommodations. Their idea of a continental breakfast was a couple pieces of fruit, instant oatmeal, coffee (always empty) and granola bars. Oh yes, and their is no place to sit down to eat this amazing breakfast. I was very angry that we were charged such an large price for such measly amenities. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The staff was very nice, but we will not be coming back.

• Stayed March 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you. We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this location with my 13 year old daughter for a sporting event she was participating in. It concerned me for our safety staying at this hotel. There were people standing out front of the entrance visably drinking alcohol, there were others loitering in the small front lobby area. It is evident this hotel is used a residence by many people. It is also used by construction companies to house employees. Walking down the hall there was a small pile of what appeared to be animal feces (it is a pet friendly hotel) and an odor of marijuana. I did call the front desk and let them know of the smell and feces. The next morning the feces was still in the same location. I tried to talk to the front desk about my safety concerns and that I wanted to get a refund to stay at a different hotel. The just assured me I would be safe and would not address a refund. The room appeared to be clean, with the exception of the mattress having numerous stains on it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies. It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North? Share your experiences!