“needs some work” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. I-35, City Centre Business Park, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Nacogdoches, Texas
“needs some work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was clean, but the hall ways were dirty and the outside of the hotel needs some work. Breakfast was ceral bars and instant oatmeal not very good for the price we paid. the other bright spot was the free internet and the staff was very nice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with the staff and the free wi-fi access. I sincerely apologize the hotels cleanliness and breakfast did not meet your expectations and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The staff at this location was very nice and very courteous and professional. The facility is a dump. There were residents just loitering out by the front door at all times of the day or night, and you need to weave your way past them through their cigarette smoke to get in or out. The continental breakfast was terribly weak coffee, some Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and some instant oatmeal packets. This was my first...AND LAST...experience with an Extended Stay America facility. There were other hotels for less that would have surely been more satisfactory. Oh...and then there was the fire alarm that caused us to evacuate, but nobody knew what caused it and the trains that run right next to the facility at all hours of the night blowing their horns...just a very shabby place.

Room Tip: My tip to choose a good room? Choose one at a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was glad to hear that you felt the staff was "nice, courteous and professional". The situation you described regarding other guests loitering causing you concern is not acceptable. We are working with our staff and implementing training on how are staff should handle this type of situation to ensure it does not continue to happen in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. I do hope you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent more per night than we usually do because our daughter was playing in the State Tennis Finals and we wanted to be near her hotel. For $150+ per night, we expected really nice accommodations. Their idea of a continental breakfast was a couple pieces of fruit, instant oatmeal, coffee (always empty) and granola bars. Oh yes, and their is no place to sit down to eat this amazing breakfast. I was very angry that we were charged such an large price for such measly amenities. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. The staff was very nice, but we will not be coming back.

• Stayed March 2013
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates, which is why it was great to read your kind words about the room. However, given the issues you had during your stay, it was with equally great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you. We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this location with my 13 year old daughter for a sporting event she was participating in. It concerned me for our safety staying at this hotel. There were people standing out front of the entrance visably drinking alcohol, there were others loitering in the small front lobby area. It is evident this hotel is used a residence by many people. It is also used by construction companies to house employees. Walking down the hall there was a small pile of what appeared to be animal feces (it is a pet friendly hotel) and an odor of marijuana. I did call the front desk and let them know of the smell and feces. The next morning the feces was still in the same location. I tried to talk to the front desk about my safety concerns and that I wanted to get a refund to stay at a different hotel. The just assured me I would be safe and would not address a refund. The room appeared to be clean, with the exception of the mattress having numerous stains on it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies. It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Walls are thin... Person in next room snored all night, people above us went at it in the morning. Our non-smoking room was filled with smoke from a nearby smoker and the staff said they couldnt do anything about it. The breakfast was a joke. The morning train was a good alarm clock.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable and cozy.The staff are great.When i need fresh supplies for my room ( towels,toilet paper,sheets ) .They are always great about making sure i recieve everything i need to make my stay pleasant.Glen the maintenance man is always prompted if i have any issues in my room.Alicia at the front desk is always helpful and doing it with a smile.For these reasons,I am SATISFIED while staying here!

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side of the building are great for Sunshine!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The facilities are adequate and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The maintenance man named Glenn has been very helpful and effecient and should be commended. The only problem with this location is that there is no restaurants close enough to walk to but otherwise a nice location. Oh, it is a little too close to the train tracks which means the noise from the trains going by is a bit annoying but tolerable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who ask about a hotel to stay at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North? Share your experiences!