“Smoke filled non smoking room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North

You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. I-35, City Centre Business Park, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #24 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
Austin, Texas
“Smoke filled non smoking room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Walls are thin... Person in next room snored all night, people above us went at it in the morning. Our non-smoking room was filled with smoke from a nearby smoker and the staff said they couldnt do anything about it. The breakfast was a joke. The morning train was a good alarm clock.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable and cozy.The staff are great.When i need fresh supplies for my room ( towels,toilet paper,sheets ) .They are always great about making sure i recieve everything i need to make my stay pleasant.Glen the maintenance man is always prompted if i have any issues in my room.Alicia at the front desk is always helpful and doing it with a smile.For these reasons,I am SATISFIED while staying here!

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side of the building are great for Sunshine!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The facilities are adequate and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The maintenance man named Glenn has been very helpful and effecient and should be commended. The only problem with this location is that there is no restaurants close enough to walk to but otherwise a nice location. Oh, it is a little too close to the train tracks which means the noise from the trains going by is a bit annoying but tolerable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who ask about a hotel to stay at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Burnet, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

You can rename this as "ghetto style". Wrong type room Amexp travel had vague info about room type. Beer cans smashed outside on ground near entrance and cookies smashed on dirty lobby floor. Hotel elevator scrippling on picture on wall. Had terrible smoky stanch. After trying to resolve the mixup of having a smoking room, handicap only had one double bed which was made up with only pillows and 2sheets . There was only soap in bathroom no other amenities. Hotel was totally uncomfortable and no satisfactory resolution. Very disappointed with hotel and Amexp travel. Also, no breakfast available. Will never recommend to anyone even if it was free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

i have lived here 7mths i started noticing money was being extra charged to my account they whre charging my car without permission killed me with over draft fees then get mad when you can not pay on time employees are stealing out of cash register i even saw an employee doing a drug transaction in the parking lot they have bed bugs carpets are filthyi come to get new covers and theyre is hair all over the covers house keeping does not meet requirements when come to the area operations manager stephanie evans with these problems all she does is call the police on me constantly but her employees steal and she lets them slide when u call the front desk they do not answer theyre phone ive even stood up frontto get towels and then lady was mking wic appointment for her self they have they have roaches everywhere theyre was a rat living in my vent i asked them to remove it they never did it dies in the vent s moved rooms this place has horrible management she comes to work with disrespectful outfits on for her age short dresses and tights everyday these people sit and smoke weed out side on the whole third floor dogs run around with no leashes and they just allow it.

Room Tip: don come here unless u want to leave itchy with bed bugs in your suite case roach shells in your bed...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
A copy of your review was brought to our attention. Please accept my most sincere apologies that we were unable to meet your expectations when visiting with us this past June. The staff and I take your comments very seriously and have begun to look into each one, ensuring that a situation like yours does not happen again.

Please know, while we are doing this, I can vouch for each of my employees, that they are trustworthy. I do appreciate you keeping an eye on things though and am very sorry that their actions did not sit well with you.

It is our hope that you will give us a second chance and visit with us again so we can show you our redoubled efforts. As well, it would be our pleasure to have you stay with any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist with reservations.
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Unless you want to sleep on a bed of granite overnight. I had a room on the first floor. Do not stay there unless you check the quality of the bed before paying for it. My mistake was not going into the room first to test the bed out.

Room Tip: Do not stay there unless you check the quality of the bed before paying for it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Sykesville, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

After getting displaced from the Extended Stay in Round Rock South, they told me that my new reservation would be at this hotel. I tried calling to confirm and kept getting their voicemail for 45 minutes. I gave up, sent an email, and tried again later in the afternoon. Someone finally picked up (Alicia) and confirmed that I did indeed have a room here. The next day (32 hours) later, I finally get an email back from the hotel manager saying,

"Sorry it took me so long to responed. Yes I have your reservation.
Brenda Rodriguez
Hotel Manager"

Long story short, this hotel is not good at answering phones or responding to customers. If you need immediate help, you'll probably be upset. If you are okay with being ignored, you'll enjoy it.

Check in was easy and painless (the helpful Alicia did a fantastic job with that). The room was... a room. Small and below average. small bed, small tv, small "kitchen", need I go on? It resembled a cheap motel with none of the touches that make great hotels great. Add to that thin walls and a nearby railroad track and you have a winner! Sarcasm of course. But at the end of the day, we were both too tired to care and passed out with no issues.

Breakfast was a lackluster coffee area with a some muffins and oatmeal bars. Don't expect much here.

Check out was quick and painless.

If you just need a place to crash, it's as good as any. Just don't expect quick responses. I won't suggest avoiding this hotel. But I probably would not stay here again unless I was absolutely desperate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.