You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. I-35, City Centre Business Park, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Burnet, Texas
“Complaint”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

You can rename this as "ghetto style". Wrong type room Amexp travel had vague info about room type. Beer cans smashed outside on ground near entrance and cookies smashed on dirty lobby floor. Hotel elevator scrippling on picture on wall. Had terrible smoky stanch. After trying to resolve the mixup of having a smoking room, handicap only had one double bed which was made up with only pillows and 2sheets . There was only soap in bathroom no other amenities. Hotel was totally uncomfortable and no satisfactory resolution. Very disappointed with hotel and Amexp travel. Also, no breakfast available. Will never recommend to anyone even if it was free.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that we didn’t get to be a member of America’s number one family of extended stay hotels over night; we did it by focusing on one customer at a time. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

i have lived here 7mths i started noticing money was being extra charged to my account they whre charging my car without permission killed me with over draft fees then get mad when you can not pay on time employees are stealing out of cash register i even saw an employee doing a drug transaction in the parking lot they have bed bugs carpets are filthyi come to get new covers and theyre is hair all over the covers house keeping does not meet requirements when come to the area operations manager stephanie evans with these problems all she does is call the police on me constantly but her employees steal and she lets them slide when u call the front desk they do not answer theyre phone ive even stood up frontto get towels and then lady was mking wic appointment for her self they have they have roaches everywhere theyre was a rat living in my vent i asked them to remove it they never did it dies in the vent s moved rooms this place has horrible management she comes to work with disrespectful outfits on for her age short dresses and tights everyday these people sit and smoke weed out side on the whole third floor dogs run around with no leashes and they just allow it.

Room Tip: don come here unless u want to leave itchy with bed bugs in your suite case roach shells in your bed...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
A copy of your review was brought to our attention. Please accept my most sincere apologies that we were unable to meet your expectations when visiting with us this past June. The staff and I take your comments very seriously and have begun to look into each one, ensuring that a situation like yours does not happen again.

Please know, while we are doing this, I can vouch for each of my employees, that they are trustworthy. I do appreciate you keeping an eye on things though and am very sorry that their actions did not sit well with you.

It is our hope that you will give us a second chance and visit with us again so we can show you our redoubled efforts. As well, it would be our pleasure to have you stay with any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist with reservations.
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Unless you want to sleep on a bed of granite overnight. I had a room on the first floor. Do not stay there unless you check the quality of the bed before paying for it. My mistake was not going into the room first to test the bed out.

Room Tip: Do not stay there unless you check the quality of the bed before paying for it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Sykesville, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

After getting displaced from the Extended Stay in Round Rock South, they told me that my new reservation would be at this hotel. I tried calling to confirm and kept getting their voicemail for 45 minutes. I gave up, sent an email, and tried again later in the afternoon. Someone finally picked up (Alicia) and confirmed that I did indeed have a room here. The next day (32 hours) later, I finally get an email back from the hotel manager saying,

"Sorry it took me so long to responed. Yes I have your reservation.
Brenda Rodriguez
Hotel Manager"

Long story short, this hotel is not good at answering phones or responding to customers. If you need immediate help, you'll probably be upset. If you are okay with being ignored, you'll enjoy it.

Check in was easy and painless (the helpful Alicia did a fantastic job with that). The room was... a room. Small and below average. small bed, small tv, small "kitchen", need I go on? It resembled a cheap motel with none of the touches that make great hotels great. Add to that thin walls and a nearby railroad track and you have a winner! Sarcasm of course. But at the end of the day, we were both too tired to care and passed out with no issues.

Breakfast was a lackluster coffee area with a some muffins and oatmeal bars. Don't expect much here.

Check out was quick and painless.

If you just need a place to crash, it's as good as any. Just don't expect quick responses. I won't suggest avoiding this hotel. But I probably would not stay here again unless I was absolutely desperate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have been here for about a month now. So far, they have charged my card without any notice or anything not once but 5-6 times now!! I paid for a couple nights in cash....and they do not have the money posted to my account. Totally threw me in the negative with OD fees. The carpet is NASTY...do not take your shoes off. They never have clean sheets or towels to trade out. They are supposed to have housekeeping come clean your room once a week free of charge, never heard of a hotel that charges for housekeeping besides this one. The hallways smell of marijuana! Always a drug deal going on in the parking lot or halls. Dogs are running the parking lot loose at all hours of the night. NOT TO MENTION THE ROACHES IN OUR ROOM. I had to hire my own pest control company to take care of this issue. The manager said she would work with me in payment...LIE. Eric at the front desk never answers the phone. I had an emergency outside and could not reach the front desk at all! No issues are solved here. The manager gave me one free night for all my troubles...wow...my troubles are worth way more than 37.99/night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. It is our goal to provide a pleasant and relaxing environment where our guests can feel at home when they’re away from home. And we recognize that in order to achieve that goal, we must provide outstanding service. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I made a reservation at this hotel and later realized I made it for the wrong date. The only was to cancel your reservation is to call the hotel. I called several times trying to get in touch with someone, but they do not answer the phone! I finally left a message on the recording asking for my reservation to be cancelled. They did not cancel my reservation and charged me for the room.

This is bad business! With the technology today, there is no reason they should not have a way to cancel online so things like this don't happen. I will not stay at this hotel again and if their corporate office does not refund my money, I will avoid this hotel chain i the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I am glad to be able to respond to you directly regarding charges to your credit card. Although our privacy policy prohibits me from discussing specifics regarding your credit card, I can say that I have personally reviewed your comments, and found that this was an innocent, though regrettable, case of human error. This error was promptly corrected. I would be happy to speak directly with you about your concerns if you wish. Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice Hotel but I had to complain about a guest staying above me 4 or 5 times, the elevator isn't safe it shakes all the time and the door often doesn't close for several mins when you exit or enter the elevator. I do not like the fact the hotel is near railroad tracks and all I heard was the trains blowing their horns all day and night, our room windows were very dirty too even after pouring rain. Customer Service wasn't good at all, oh and when I tried calling the front desk twice after hours some how (No idea how) I ended up getting an Insurance broker. I mentioned this twice and yes they found it odd like me but they never said they'd look into it or never said they'd let the manager/owner know this

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North? Share your experiences!