Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. I-35, City Centre Business Park, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #23 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Austin, Texas
“NOISY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Nice Hotel but I had to complain about a guest staying above me 4 or 5 times, the elevator isn't safe it shakes all the time and the door often doesn't close for several mins when you exit or enter the elevator. I do not like the fact the hotel is near railroad tracks and all I heard was the trains blowing their horns all day and night, our room windows were very dirty too even after pouring rain. Customer Service wasn't good at all, oh and when I tried calling the front desk twice after hours some how (No idea how) I ended up getting an Insurance broker. I mentioned this twice and yes they found it odd like me but they never said they'd look into it or never said they'd let the manager/owner know this

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RDOAustin, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

The room is not clean, old appliances and the linens stinks. I wonder if they change it. If you are going to stay here, please bring your own linens and bed sheets plus poor customer service. I don't recommend this hotel at all. Worst hotel experience so far in Austin.

• Stayed August 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, August 22, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management. As well, we are addressing your concerns with customer service by reviewing company standards of professionalism with the members of our staff.

Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!

The hotel is close to a railroad crossing and all night long we heard trains blowing their horns! None of us slept much. The mattresses on the beds need to be replaced as well.

The carpet in the room is so dirty/old, our white socks were soiled just from walking around the room.

The AC/heating unit makes a lot of noise when it cuts on and off.

The desk clerk is rarely there, even during "normal business hours".

The furniture is old and badly work, too.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North, responded to this review, July 19, 2012

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Horrible service. Was sent to a much cheaper place to stay because they overbooked.. that place was 18 miles away. And the location address of Extended StayAmerica Round Rock is 2 miles away from the actual place. Took about 1 hour to finally find the place because of the confusing highway and it was night time. Now whos gonna pay for my gas?

Room Tip: Do Not Book Here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Economy Austin - Round Rock - North. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel uses a reservation system that is designed to ensure that rooms reserved in advance by our guests are available at the time they arrive to check-in. Given the extended stay nature of our business, in rare cases it is possible that a large number of our guests simultaneously extend their stay, without advance notice, creating a lack of rooms available for incoming guests. In those unusual and regrettable instances, our policy is to find and pay for the first night's stay at a different hotel; however I understand that this is still a serious inconvenience.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

First, the front desk is not staffed 24 hours. The fire alarm went off at 2AM in the morning one night for about half an hour, and of course, not a soul in the hotel that worked there to talk to. We just gathered out front and waited for the fire department, and they gave us information about, ya know, whether there was a fire.

The room was NOT clean, and they don't clean daily either--just once every seven days. You have to take your dirty towels to the front desk to swap them out. There were dirty towels from the last guest left in my room, the bed had hair all over it, the floor had clearly not been vacuumed in months. No little bottles of shampoo either, so bring your own.

The bed was the firmest, springiest bed I've ever seen, and the pillows were about 1" thick. The desk chair was just a wobbly little wooden chair that was impossible to sit in comfortably for more than 20 minutes. The TV was a 19" TUBE television that must have been 20 years old, and wasn't properly secured to the rotating base--I almost knocked it off while trying to swivel it. It must not have been hooked up properly, because the picture had static on every channel, I couldn't fix it.

The AC unit was about the worst I've ever seen. You had to leave it set on HIGH on 60 degrees to get the room down to the high 70's, and then it would cycle on and off constantly... and loudly.

Despite being in Round Rock, the area has a run down--and kind of scary--feel to it. The restaurant right next door is closed down and deserted and dilapidated, heck, even the sign for the hotel itself is rusty and has letters falling off of it.

STAY AWAY. The La Quinta a quarter mile away is the same price and DRAMATICALLY nicer.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Micanopy, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

This was a very small room with a small bathroom. They had no hangers to hang up clothes, no blow dryers, and ants in the room. The bed was extremely firm. The bathroom contained a stand-alone sink, a toilet, and a small stall shower. There was no place to put any personal items in the bathroom, which is difficult if you need items to shave, brush your teeth, or put on deodorant or make-up. I had to store my body lotion on the mini stove. Next time I'll look for a picture of the bathroom before booking a hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
irving, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I've been staying here while working at Dell on a contract for a few months. This is a great deal, especially if you "name your own price" on priceline. I won't give out the price I use, but be aggressive!

Room Tip: some 2nd floor rooms smell of smoke, so be sure to ensure u get the right one.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Austin - Round Rock - North? Share your experiences!