“Good and Bad Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Round Rock
Duncanville
“Good and Bad Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed two nights over Thanksgiving. Traveling with our dog means we generally look at the La Quinta chain. Our second floor room at the rear was clean and adequate, bathroom was clean, the beds comfortable and there was no freeway noise. However while the breakfast was fairly standard the service was awful. Each morning they ran out of bread, milk, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. and the staff member whose job it apparently was to keep the breakfast bar replenished displayed no inclination so to do and preferred standing around doing nothing or being absent while guests looked in vain for the breakfast fare. Check out was a farce. There was no one at reception rather a notice posted indicating staff were gone but would return. I have never previously experienced a hotel reception desk with no one there to attend to guests. It seemed a strange strategy during the peak check out time. I had to contact the hotel later and request my receipted bill be e-mailed. A comfortable hotel stay but unbelievably bad service.
Alex M,
Duncanville TX

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear away from the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I rate any business or service by it's response to any issues that may arise, the way it treats it's employees, and it's overall value. At this La Quinta I was very impressed by the front desk service and friendliness. The manager responded quickly to any issues, as did the staff. The dated exterior and layout belies the fresh and attractive interior. Every staff member was friendly and went about their work with a lightheartedness that would not be possible if the culture was oppressive. The rooms were quite nice and the grounds were clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

chicago, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

we were for formula one racing pricing was up the roof for the room we got and service will never go back again, taking advantage of the season is not nice for customers who wanted to assist to this sport goverment should not aloud for hotels to do that because the rooms where dirty and ugly

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have stayed at LaQuinta's all over the country. This location is a excellent hotel. We had a fast check in, rooms were spotless, beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. I would highly recommend this LaQuinta to anyone staying in the Round Rock area. Great rates, great rooms, excellent facility all around.

Merkel, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is an average motel, at best. We spent the weekend here because La Quintas allow pets and we were travelling with our dog. On the positive side, it's in a good location, the clerk was friendly at check-in, the room was fairly clean and quiet (located at the rear of the property), and there is a large grassy area for pets that is well lit at night.

Negatives were that everything in the motel seemed a bit tired and worn out, the hallways and elevators smelled musty and smoky, the bed was hard as concrete, the toilet barely flushed, the finish on the bathtub was so worn off it looked like it was filthy; there's no way I would have sat down in that tub! It looked like someone had given a muddy dog a bath in it. Other than that, the room was OK.

So, as the title of this review implies, I would probably stay here again if the dog was a factor, but there are much better options in the area if I were staying in Round Rock without a pet. If you stay here, ask for a room on the top floor near the back (facing the inside courtyard) so it will be quiet, and keep your fingers crossed that you'll get a clean room.

Room Tip: see the review
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I would not refer this hotel to my enemy. We went to check in around 8:30 pm after my son's hockey game. The entire team was staying here. I was told more than once that they didn't have a room for me even though I had made a reservation. I politely asked them to check again and after making that request a few times we were able to find out that they had spelled my last name incorrectly.....I had even spelled it out to the girl taking the original reservation. So this took a long time to clear and then I had to wait for a room I have never heard of a hotel still cleaning rooms at 8:30 at night. I then went ahead and requested that they correct the spelling so that I wouldn't have a problem in the morning and was told that I was all set only to find out again in the morning that this correction wasn't made. If they think this room was clean I would rather sleep outside. The only reason that I stayed is because there wasn't a room available and my son had a game in the morning. I am on the road a lot and I can say that I will never stay at one of these again.....And by the way when went to check out the rep from the evening (she was a supervisor) seemed to think the whole thing was a joke and she had no apology or answers to any questions......I think they need to get more training in the hospitality field because none of them were hospitable at all......

Room Tip: Do not choose this location definitely not worth the $.
2 Thank Jennifer P
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Recently, on a youth hockey trip our group of parents/kids stayed at this hotel. I was one of the lucky ones. I only had to wait about 10 minutes for a room. Check in is at 3pm and I arrived at 8pm. They were still cleaning my room. I could be wrong, but the cleaning person may have been smoking while cleaning the room. Not sure, but it smelled like a dirty ashtray when we walking into the room. Remember, I was one of the lucky ones. Others in the group 1) Had to wait more than an hour for a room, 2) discovered their reservations was lost, 3) upon entering their room discovered it was dirty and smelled disgusting forcing them to find another hotel and/or 4) Kept up all night by a group of baseball players doing tumbling runs in the hallway in the middle of the night. I suspect the management that booked the group isn't the sharpest pencil in the box. Maybe it's just that corporate doesn't staff this hotel properly, again not sure, but I've never witnessed a hotel debacle in such scope and magnitude as this. For your own mental health, DO NOT STAY HERE. It will take time off your lifespan.

Room Tip: Pull comforter off bed because it smells.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business