“Would stay here again if I had to, maybe” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2004 North I-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
Merkel, Texas
“Would stay here again if I had to, maybe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is an average motel, at best. We spent the weekend here because La Quintas allow pets and we were travelling with our dog. On the positive side, it's in a good location, the clerk was friendly at check-in, the room was fairly clean and quiet (located at the rear of the property), and there is a large grassy area for pets that is well lit at night.

Negatives were that everything in the motel seemed a bit tired and worn out, the hallways and elevators smelled musty and smoky, the bed was hard as concrete, the toilet barely flushed, the finish on the bathtub was so worn off it looked like it was filthy; there's no way I would have sat down in that tub! It looked like someone had given a muddy dog a bath in it. Other than that, the room was OK.

So, as the title of this review implies, I would probably stay here again if the dog was a factor, but there are much better options in the area if I were staying in Round Rock without a pet. If you stay here, ask for a room on the top floor near the back (facing the inside courtyard) so it will be quiet, and keep your fingers crossed that you'll get a clean room.

Room Tip: see the review
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I would not refer this hotel to my enemy. We went to check in around 8:30 pm after my son's hockey game. The entire team was staying here. I was told more than once that they didn't have a room for me even though I had made a reservation. I politely asked them to check again and after making that request a few times we were able to find out that they had spelled my last name incorrectly.....I had even spelled it out to the girl taking the original reservation. So this took a long time to clear and then I had to wait for a room I have never heard of a hotel still cleaning rooms at 8:30 at night. I then went ahead and requested that they correct the spelling so that I wouldn't have a problem in the morning and was told that I was all set only to find out again in the morning that this correction wasn't made. If they think this room was clean I would rather sleep outside. The only reason that I stayed is because there wasn't a room available and my son had a game in the morning. I am on the road a lot and I can say that I will never stay at one of these again.....And by the way when went to check out the rep from the evening (she was a supervisor) seemed to think the whole thing was a joke and she had no apology or answers to any questions......I think they need to get more training in the hospitality field because none of them were hospitable at all......

Room Tip: Do not choose this location definitely not worth the $.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Recently, on a youth hockey trip our group of parents/kids stayed at this hotel. I was one of the lucky ones. I only had to wait about 10 minutes for a room. Check in is at 3pm and I arrived at 8pm. They were still cleaning my room. I could be wrong, but the cleaning person may have been smoking while cleaning the room. Not sure, but it smelled like a dirty ashtray when we walking into the room. Remember, I was one of the lucky ones. Others in the group 1) Had to wait more than an hour for a room, 2) discovered their reservations was lost, 3) upon entering their room discovered it was dirty and smelled disgusting forcing them to find another hotel and/or 4) Kept up all night by a group of baseball players doing tumbling runs in the hallway in the middle of the night. I suspect the management that booked the group isn't the sharpest pencil in the box. Maybe it's just that corporate doesn't staff this hotel properly, again not sure, but I've never witnessed a hotel debacle in such scope and magnitude as this. For your own mental health, DO NOT STAY HERE. It will take time off your lifespan.

Room Tip: Pull comforter off bed because it smells.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Frisco, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

They will lose your reservation. They will make you wait until 9:00pm at night to get into your room. AND, your room will still not be cleaned and will make you wait another hour to have it cleaned. The staff was arogant and rude. They were unwilling to listen to any complaints.

Addison, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am a parent coordinator of a youth sports team. Our stay at this hotel was the worst experience we have had, both as a team and individually as parents. Reservations were lost, two people/families had to find another hotel, rooms were not available at 9:00 pm at night, and the rooms that were available were filthy. Some parents could not let their kids walk on the bathroom floors without placing towels on the floor. I was embarrassed to have selected this hotel for our team, and disappointed that our kids had to endure this experience. Our organization will not stay at this or any other La Quinta again. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that must have better service and accommodations.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

had to ask for clean bedding upon arrival, the sheets and bed spread were obviously dirty. The bathroom had mens shaving debris in the sink. It was NOT clean by any stretch! We used Clorox wipes all over before unpacking. I'm sure we left the room cleaner than we found it, do not recommend unless you are like us and need a pet friendly place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Little Rock, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of staying here. Room smelled bad. Stained and dirty carpet. Chairs were filthy and falling apart. Water stains on ceiling. Ants crawling all over the bathroom. When I told the front desk about the ants the guy just said, "OK, thanks for letting us know." Don't stay here and don't let your friends stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Round Rock North? Share your experiences!