“Austin, Texas” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Lake Isabella
“Austin, Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Great room. My brother and I stayed here four days/nights. Indoor pool. Workout room. Breakfast included. Grand-daughters came over to swim everyday after school. Plenty of places to eat nearby. Downtown Austin was twenty minutes away. Great museums and shops.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Extremely clean, nice, comfortable. Will definitely stay there again if business takes me to that area. LaQuintas are always a good choice. Quality seems to be consistent and is worth a little more than some of the other mid price motels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

As good as a Marriott Hotel. We loved the king sized bed & furnishings too. We has a gig all night, the night before. It was nice to come home to La Quinta. Peace

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Germantown, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We were moving from Round Rock to TN and picked this LQ since it was pet friendly and we needed a place for our cat to stay for the 4 days it took to pack & load our belongings. We had reservations for the nights of Jan 10-13. On the LQ website it says this has recently been remodeled - I can only hope that is true as it was probably the worst hotel I've stayed in in over 20 years. I honestly thought that once I had time to complete our move that I may be less critical of this hotel, but my memories of it still do not sit well with me.

The room was dirty and the bathroom filthy; if it wasn't for made beds and folded towels, I would have assumed it had not been cleaned. Hairs were in the sink, on the vanity, in the tub, and around the base of the toilet. Dried urine could plainly be seen down the bowl of the toilet. Disgusting... I went through the entire packet of Lysol wipes cleaning the bathroom. Pieces of trash (bottle tops and paper) were under the bed, hidden by the dust ruffle. A lot of dust and grime on the window sill, lampshades, around the baseboards, etc. The rooms decor was woefully out of date and past the time it needed to be replaced. The bedcover was stained and worn; the sheets, while clean, were old and threadbare. The mattresses were old, uncomfortable, and stained.

If we would have had the time (and energy), I would have packed up and found another hotel. Instead my husband said he'd stay at the hotel...said he had worse while camping...while I went and stayed with friends.

Our room was on the first floor. Walking into the hall - it reeked of smoke. Seems a non-smoking room doesn't mean a non-smoking floor. The hall was not well lite and was also needing new paint and new carpet. I can't speak to the breakfasts as I never ate there and my husband and I would have breakfast together after he picked me up.

The grassy area, somewhat of a courtyard between the hotel wings, was overgrown. From what I saw it seemed that it was mainly used as an area to walk your dog.

The area around the hotel is safe and there are a number of places to eat close by. However, unless there has been a complete update...maybe even a gut...I would never recommend this hotel. I can only hope the reviews of those staying after our early January visit are accurate as this hotel, at the time of our stay, was not a deal at any price.

Room Tip: Check the room to see if it is clean before you unpack anything.