“Value for the money.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Round Rock

You added Motel 6 Round Rock to your Saves list
Motel 6 Round Rock
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1400 N Interstate 35, Round Rock, TX 78681 (Formerly America's Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Rochester, New York
“Value for the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Although this is an older property, it has all been renovated, and every part of the place was very clean including the pool. We have stayed at expensive hotels that weren't as pleasant as this place. There aren't drawers to put your clothes away, but there are shelves and we used the chairs as luggage stands. Every single person with whom we interacted was pleasant and helpful. Last year when we stayed in a "luxury" hotel in Toronto, I got bedbug bites and many areas were not kept up... were rundown and dirty. I would rather stay at an inexpensive motel that gets 5-star ratings in the reviews, than at a high level hotel that gets 2-star ratings in reviews. It was also great to have a refrigerator and microwave so that we could bring home our leftovers from fancy restaurant dinners and eat them for lunch the next day. Every single item in the room WORKED, which is more than I can say for our rental car :) I would have given all 5-stars but the mattress was a bit hard for me. However, I'm sure that people who need a firm mattress will appreciate that.

Room Tip: We liked being on the upper floor, overlooking the pool, and felt very safe up there. Even when peop...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Nick & his staff are very nice & professional. They made me feel like I was the most important person at the hotel. The north side is the best it has a view of the pool. When ever I stay there I always get the best service in the morning & and before I check out they make sure my stay was good. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Any room is a great room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Bonner Springs, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This Motel 6 is in a good location and lots of available and convenient parking. The management of this inn has been very accommodating when trying to check-in early or checking out late based on our arrival and departure times. Rooms are clean and have been renovated recently. A very nice place to stay and a friendly staff. Would recommend this inn to others who need a convenient and reasonably priced place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Taylor, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stayed at Motel 6 Round Rock a few weeks ago and was not pleased with my experience. Upon check-in, the attendant just stood there staring at me as I approached the desk. No greeting, no friendly chat, nothing. I thought this rude and after a few seconds, spoke first to tell him I needed a room and asked if any were available.

He got me checked in a room, (for a price I found astonishingly high), around back near an ally or vacant parking lot or something similar, and as another reviewer commented, I noticed quite a few people just slowly wandering around and milling about that area checking things out (unaffiliated with the motel). It made me a little wary.

So I got in my room and it was clean for the most part, basic, but noticeable little things that needed repair. The TV remote was broken, the bottom inside of the mini-fridge was flooded with standing water, and worst of all, when I turned my bed covers back there was a long black hair on the sheet. (YUCK!). I immediately called and told the desk about that, and they did come and change the one sheet, but I had to tell them I wanted ALL the bed linens changed before they would do it. I mentioned the other items but never heard back from anyone.

To top the stay off, the thing that irritated me the most was that after I checked out the next morning, on time, I had a couple of calls I needed to make before leaving the parking lot. I was on my phone 15 minutes max. I needed to use the restroom before I left and since I had just checked out I couldn't go back into my room. So I walked into the lobby and asked this same guy who checked me in that, of course I had just checked out and if I could use his restroom in the lobby, but behind the desk. He just coldly looked at me and said, "NO."

Needless to say, I do not recommend the Motel 6 in Round Rock and I certainly will not be giving them my business again.

I hope this helps some of you. The up side though is there are many other great, reasonably priced places to stay in Round Rock that are probably more well maintained, with good service and a friendly staff.

Cheers and Happy Traveling! :-)

RLE

Room Tip: If you do stay here, request a room on the East side (Facing the Interstate). The West side is adjac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Have been staying at Motel 6 in Round Rock on fairly regular basis since last year. Staff is always pleasant and helpful. The rooms were recently remodeled and everything is clean and cheery. Each room has a microwave and refrigerator which is nice when staying overnight. Places to eat are close as well (walking or driving). Always have a good experience when staying with them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We stayed here as it was the only place left as the Austin Grand Prix was on. As a result we paid an extortionate fee for the room - easiest the most expensive of all of our trip ... And it was only a basic motel.

Grates on me when people are taken advantage of.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have stayed at this motel 6 every week for work for last few months, and it is a great place. The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean, rooms remodeled. Never an issue with this place. Every room has a microwave and fridge which comes in handy. Be back again on Monday.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Round Rock? Share your experiences!