“What a Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“What a Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

my first visit to Residence and a decent long stay of 8 days! The best part about the place is its Staff ! Andrea at front desk , Senior Manager Jim Duffy, extremely hospitable and Courteous made the stay lovely and a home away from home!
room, apt location with all required brands stores from walking distance, best part being neat, tidy spacious room, morning breakfast decent and evening Supper a Treat!
Thank you Residence, Thank You Andrea & Jim! Look fwd to coming back with family :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sarai B, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Akkash S C, Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Round Rock and for writing a review on Tripadvisor. I’m happy to hear the staff meet all your expectations and please feel free to contact me on your returning trip to the Round Rock/Austin area. If there is anything I can assist with please don’t hesitate to ask.

Sarai Braziel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

While right off I-35 freeway, not right on an exit, so you have to drive around a bit, but still an accessible location. Stayed two nights, 4 of us shared a queen bed suite with a sofa sleeper. We thought the sofa bed would be uncomfortable, but it was firm, not slouchy. Ample room, nice to have kitchenette but full breakfast is served (eggs, potatoes, sausage, waffles) with plenty variety. Great service by desk staff. All in all, excellent stay, busy hotel but we got a gangbuster rate that couldn't be beat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ChicagoTexas, Thank you for taking the time to complete a comment on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Austin Round Rock was enjoyable.

We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

You'd probably pass right by this hotel - it's hidden behind the Macaroni Grill. Typical design of Marriott property but there's nothing wrong with that. The staff is nice, the breakfast is good (except for the very bland, powdery scrambled eggs!) and the waffles are Texas shaped. I wish that I would have gotten the ladies name who was over the dining room so that I could given her proper credit for a great attitude and superb attention to the breakfast area.

Was dissapointed to have only a full size bed - it really wasn't comfortable and certainly not big enough for two adults. I would insist on a King-size bed next time and yes, we would stay here again.

Only warning - stay out of the snack area by the front desk. The prices are severly over-inflated and this really isn't necessary. Just sayin....

Room Tip: Ask for a King-size bed
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Texaswinesnob,Thank you for taking the time to complete a comment on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Austin Round Rock was enjoyable.

Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in 2 separate rooms for 2 nights. The first night there was no wifi service. This was fixed by the 2nd night. However, the biggest problem was the rooms smell horrible. There was such a strong smell of spices and food cooking that it was almost unbearable. The furniture is old and very worn looking. Refrigerator runs very loudly. We were on the 3rd floor. Maybe the other floors are better, but I was very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014
Softballmom2222, Thank you for taking the time on writing a review on TripAdvisor, I’m sorry to hear that your stay at the beginning of the year was not satisfactory. Since your stay, we have completed a full renovation with our guest rooms and our public areas. I would love for you to give us a second opportunity to show you the changes we have made since the beginning of the year. Please feel free to contact me on your returning trip to Round Rock/Austin Texas if there is anything I can assist with.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel. The rooms were clean, food was decent, the bed was comfortable and maid service was great. I inadvertently left my camera in the room when I checked out. We called an hour later and it had been turned in:)

Room Tip: Most of the rooms seem to be fairly private and on the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
lehigh valley, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Residence Inn in Round Rock is very inviting. The front desk staff is alway helpful. The kitchen staff will go the extra mile for you at breakfast and evening meals if you request something. If you do not want to eat at the evening meal they are numerous dining options close by. The Macaroni Grille is across the parking lot. Make sure you request a room that does not face the highway…it can be very loud. The exercise room is tiny(2 treadmills and 1 elliptical) and the tv remote doesn't work. However, I was the only one in there in the early am hours. I would recommend that they make the property completely non-smoking. Guests have to walk the gauntlet of smokers outside the main entrance.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I only stayed at the Residence Inn at Round Rock for one night, but I thought it was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The location is near a few major stores (Walmart is next door, for your last minute needs), as well as major highways and roads, yet it is not noisy in the hotel.

First, the staff was very friendly and helpful. At one point, I needed a AA battery, but didn't have any on hand. I called the front desk, and was promptly given one, free of charge. I also needed to checkout late, and was not given a hard time at all. The hotel is a bit on the older side, but in my opinion that actually adds a nice feel to it. Walking through the halls, one feels like they are not in a hotel, but rather in an apartment complex, which I thought made it feel "just like home"

The suite was nice. Sink was useful for washing coffee mugs and spoons. Room had a full sized fridge, sink, microwave, dishwasher, sofabed, and dining table. Ironing table and Iron were in the room. Hot water was abundant, and the shower had great water pressure. The sink was outside the bathroom itself, which I thought was good (one person can brush their teeth while someone else is in the washroom)

Having a separate bedroom was nice, less worrying about things going under the bed. Lastly, the suite had two flat screen TVs, one in the living room, and one in the bedroom. Both TVs had HDMI input (for those who want to hook up a game system or laptop).

Our stay ended with a hot breakfast, which was included with the room rate. I will stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!