“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel. The rooms were clean, food was decent, the bed was comfortable and maid service was great. I inadvertently left my camera in the room when I checked out. We called an hour later and it had been turned in:)

Room Tip: Most of the rooms seem to be fairly private and on the ground floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
lehigh valley, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Residence Inn in Round Rock is very inviting. The front desk staff is alway helpful. The kitchen staff will go the extra mile for you at breakfast and evening meals if you request something. If you do not want to eat at the evening meal they are numerous dining options close by. The Macaroni Grille is across the parking lot. Make sure you request a room that does not face the highway…it can be very loud. The exercise room is tiny(2 treadmills and 1 elliptical) and the tv remote doesn't work. However, I was the only one in there in the early am hours. I would recommend that they make the property completely non-smoking. Guests have to walk the gauntlet of smokers outside the main entrance.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I only stayed at the Residence Inn at Round Rock for one night, but I thought it was one of the best hotels I have stayed at. The location is near a few major stores (Walmart is next door, for your last minute needs), as well as major highways and roads, yet it is not noisy in the hotel.

First, the staff was very friendly and helpful. At one point, I needed a AA battery, but didn't have any on hand. I called the front desk, and was promptly given one, free of charge. I also needed to checkout late, and was not given a hard time at all. The hotel is a bit on the older side, but in my opinion that actually adds a nice feel to it. Walking through the halls, one feels like they are not in a hotel, but rather in an apartment complex, which I thought made it feel "just like home"

The suite was nice. Sink was useful for washing coffee mugs and spoons. Room had a full sized fridge, sink, microwave, dishwasher, sofabed, and dining table. Ironing table and Iron were in the room. Hot water was abundant, and the shower had great water pressure. The sink was outside the bathroom itself, which I thought was good (one person can brush their teeth while someone else is in the washroom)

Having a separate bedroom was nice, less worrying about things going under the bed. Lastly, the suite had two flat screen TVs, one in the living room, and one in the bedroom. Both TVs had HDMI input (for those who want to hook up a game system or laptop).

Our stay ended with a hot breakfast, which was included with the room rate. I will stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I travel to the Austin area a couple of times per year and typically stay at Marriott properties when there. This was our first stay at the Round Rock Residence Inn and I will definitely return. The location is very convenient, right on the I-35 frontage road and near many restaurants and shopping options. They have ample parking-- never had an issue finding a spot, even when we returned to the hotel later at night.

The complimentary breakfast had a good variety. And, while we didn't have the dinner at the hotel, we noticed there were quite a few guests in the gatehouse for the dinner each night.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel faces the back of the Home Depot-- it seemed there could be times when the noi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff was very helpful and the rooms were nice and clean the hotel is near food,drug store and gas stations it also has a convenient location off the freeway it also has a small store and bar/food area in the lobby

• Stayed October 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had booked this property with my points. Based on reviews I decided to give it a try, even though I was a bit worried about how dated the property was. One of the reviews I read stated "oldie but a goodie" I think. They could not have said it better.

Right off the freeway, you can easily find this hotel and park. My check in was very speedy and my room was nice. The hotel looks tired and needs a makeover, but it is very clean, which is more important. Having a separate bedroom is always refreshing. I never used the fridge or stove, but it would come handy if you were staying for a longer period of time.

The pillows were a little flat, but for 2 nights they were ok. Breakfast area was packed and my only complaint was that trying to find something somewhat healthy was hard to find. It was also extremely busy, but I think the hotel was fully booked.

Front staff was very nice. I actually left my carry-on luggage by the counter and they held it for me until I could return to pick it up.

If an older hotel does not bother you, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been a little less than happy with the Marriott brand after a bad experience in NJ but this hotel reminded me that each of these hotels are independently run. The staff here is excellent. I've traveled to enough hotels to recognize great staff and the caliber here was quite high. I had only one issue and they resolved it under 5 minutes. The staff are friendly, courteous, and I feel like they actually pay attention to the guests. People staying here for business are treated like house guests rather than hotel guests it's a nice touch that the Marriott brand should use everywhere (especially in NJ). They have a managers beer/food spread at night and this saved me having to venture out to find food after a very long day. My room was a little dated but it was fully functional and perfectly fine. The location is great for the business campuses there and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping choices. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from where the hallway joins the lobby. Hockey moms are very chatty at 6am.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!