“Nice hotel, nicer people” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2505 South I-35, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Toronto, Canada
“Nice hotel, nicer people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I've been a little less than happy with the Marriott brand after a bad experience in NJ but this hotel reminded me that each of these hotels are independently run. The staff here is excellent. I've traveled to enough hotels to recognize great staff and the caliber here was quite high. I had only one issue and they resolved it under 5 minutes. The staff are friendly, courteous, and I feel like they actually pay attention to the guests. People staying here for business are treated like house guests rather than hotel guests it's a nice touch that the Marriott brand should use everywhere (especially in NJ). They have a managers beer/food spread at night and this saved me having to venture out to find food after a very long day. My room was a little dated but it was fully functional and perfectly fine. The location is great for the business campuses there and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping choices. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from where the hallway joins the lobby. Hockey moms are very chatty at 6am.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Midlothian, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were locating to the Austin area and were without a home for a few weeks. Residence Inn to the rescue. The staff is phenominal. We were very happy with the two bedroom suite, as we had our two younger children with us. The breakfast every morning was not only yummy, but convenient. The light supper weekdays was also good. Housekeeping missed a few things here and there, but overall was fine. Beds were comfy. We made a great choice by staying here.

Golden Isles of Georgia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and were visiting Austin, TX and decided to stay at the RI in Round Rock. Convenient location, easy to get downtown, nice large rooms and hearty breakfast. The staff was superb, warm and helpful. Our first time visiting Austin so we had a few questions. Staff recommendations were spot on for restaurants and things to see. I hurt my back while there and they helped us get our luggage in the car when we left. Not downtown, but only 20 minutes out. Had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Rancho Cucamonga, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I are happy to say we are "Young Senior Citizens"! We have children,
grandchildren, and friends that live all over the USA. We travel a lot. When we were both working we traveled and spent time at many "FINE RESORTS". Those places and memories are unforgettable, and I will never forget them.

We are retired now. That doesn't change our desire to travel and see our family and friends. What it changes is our cash flow. I still want to "Have My Cake and Eat It Too "! I want quality and good service for my dollars.

My son and his family live in Round Rock, Texas. When we would visit them we would stay at a 5 star hotel in Austin. After retirement we began staying at the Residence Inn right in Round Rock and I have never been happier.

They have a few room types to choose from. We normally get a 2 bedroom suite. Yes! they do have 2 bedrooms with a bath and TV in each room, plus a full kitchen and small living area with a TV. They have a little cafe on site that serves a very casual buffet breakfast. You can eat there, or grab and go, or take it to your room.

I like the 2 bedroom suite for a couple of reasons. Two, count them Two bathrooms! If my hubby snores...I can sleep in the other bedroom, not on some sofa. If the grandchildren want to spend the night they have a bedroom. The full kitchen is wonderful. Many times we stop and pick up a meal and have it in our room. If we need to warm it we have a microwave and a conventional oven. We can go to a local market and pick up fruit, drinks, snacks and put them in the fridge. I can't begin to tell you the money you save when you're not eating out 3 meals, plus all your snacks.

The hotel and the rooms are clean and neat. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. The breakfast buffet and light evening snacks are included in the price. It has a pool and a small gym. It is 25 minutes away from Downtown Austin and all the attractions.

When we travel to see family and friends, our first choice is a Residence Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
chandigarh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Looks like an old hotel - the analog temperature controller for ac would surprise you. And the best part is, even being old, its been maintained in excellent fashion.

The staff is Super nice and helpful - The guys at the front desk are very nice specially Mr Scott Miller was very nice and helpful. I goofed up the tube light in odd hours of the day and he himself fixed it for me... i was looking for some nice places to visit - so he helped me with the recommendations and printed maps as well.

Overall - great experience !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

At the risk of repeating other reviews I would say that what this hotel lacks in terms of a fresh and new feel it more than makes up for with its family friendly staff. I'm sure much of this is driven by the fact that it is based in the friendliest city in the friendliest state in the Union! We had a spacious 2 bed 2 bath apartment which was pretty much standard Residence Inn- plus faux fire place which we didn't use as it was a roasting 100F outside. Andrea checked us in and she and her other colleagues made us feel very welcome throughout our stay. In summary a home away from home with all necessary appliances.

THINGS to DO- The location is roughly 25 minutes drive from downtown Austin off the interstate 35 and based very close to large shopping area with restaurants and a 24 hr Wall-mart. If you've come to meet DELL then it is literally 'on campus'. Access to the highway is quick and easy although be careful when using your GPS as it could get confused. Things to do with kids include Tubing in New Braunfels, chilling out in the natural springs at Krause Springs and eating at Chuys a great Austin Tex Mex place. Other places to visit are Mt Bonnell for a great view as well as the now new and big Oasis restaurant and bar with great views of Lake Travis. The views are much than the food here though. The new Domain shopping complex is not far either and an hours drive away are the fantastic San Marcos Outlet stores. If you are travelling to Houston don't forget the fantastic Blue Bell Ice Cream factory tour.

Only downside was that the age of the property and furnishings were beginning to show. The sofa bed mattress as well as the mattresses on the main beds was well worn in and there were some signs of mold on some walls close to the AC ducts. There was heavy use of carpet freshners (Shake and Vac etc.) which is always a sign that the carpets are coming to the end their life and need replacing.

I felt the place compensated for this with great staff and by offering much better rates than the spanking new Homewood Suites which was just behind it (Well worth checking out as it is a modern property). My advice to the owners would be to hurry up with the re-modelling get some new Residence Inn furniture. If not I feel it risks effecting the reputation and image of the Marriot brand.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Overall, very positive experience for my family of four staying at the Residence Inn Round Rock Texas. Upon early arrival we checked in early by almost 3 hours the staff was more than accommodating fulfilling this request. This is a huge help for a family traveling with young kids who need the early check-in in order to set-up their family base, so that they can begin a family vacation. We had reservations for a larger queen suite w/ sofabed for the kids. The room was clean and well laid out for all of the family to feel comfortable. The queen bed is located in a bedroom w/ a door so that adults can enjoy a little privacy even w/ young kids. The living room area was big enough for whole family to sit together and not feel on top one another and still be able to move around freely. We all liked the layout of this room and the small kitchen. The room had all the necessary kitchen appliances, microwave, stove, fridge, large coffeemaker, glassware, dinnerware, dish towels, soap, etc. The room included two tvs one in the living room and one in the queen bedroom, both flat screens allowing our family to watch separate programs.

We took advantage of the Marriott breakfast both mornings of our stay. This is also a huge plus for families as we fed our whole family a delicious hot breakfast which included numerous choices so that everyone found something they were happy with. Some options included both mornings were, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, potato pancakes, biscuits with gravy, cereal, fresh fruit, juice, greek yogurt, oatmeal along with several healthy toppings, toast, wheat or white, and muffins. The kids loved it as did the adults. The breakfast attendant took great care of the buffet breakfast and all the guests. She was more than friendly and helpful to all guests both mornings. She obviously enjoys her job and is a great asset to the hotel, give the girl a raise Marriott she is a very hard worker.

The rest of the staff was also very friendly and helpful. They too seemed happy to be part of your company and understood the importance of positive guest relations. Overall, the whole staff seems to have a I'm here to help you attitude. Thank you staff, we noticed and appreciate your dedication !!

We will definitely stay at this location again during future travels to this area. Thank you for making our family vacation so comfortable and satisfying

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor away from elevator. Nice and quiet room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!