“great place to stay in Austin/Round rock” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2505 South I-35, Round Rock, TX 78664   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Chennai (Madras), India
“great place to stay in Austin/Round rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

hi,

This is one of the best place to stay in Austin round rock. the rates were very nominal for the facilities they provided. they had very good kitchen facilities and suites are nice and luxiourous. the manager is very kind and flexible. she made my stay better. they had very good complimentary food and even cooked indian food one dinner. it was amazing the entire stay.

it is very close proximity to walmart and other stores.

regards
srikanth

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, the experience is very good.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here at the spur of the moment on a Saturday night to attend UT graduation. This hotel i found to be quiet and very clean. Staff I encountered were courteous and helpful. Great location next to expressway and within walking distance to several restaurants. They did have breakfast available. I only had pastries, fruit, and coffee. However, other items such as waffles etc. were available. There was plenty of free parking. Not one of the newer Residence Inn's I have stayed at but still a very nice quiet stay for us.

Stayed May 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

In Austin week of 5/20, 11 of us from our company stayed here and we were all treated wonderfully. Newer management team in place and they are all wonderful. Team thought it was great to be able to head back to hotel for evening work session with a beer and snacks.
Morning breakfast selection has really approved since I was there a year ago - Raquel was great, she has a crazy job trying to keep up with all the guests.
Michael - GM, and Jim - Sales Mgr were wonderful ;)
Hotel is scheduled for renovation which is great because it can use some updating but the staff more than makes up for any room issues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Due to an illness in the family I had to make a quick trip to Round Rock. I had spent a few nights in this hotel a few years ago and decided to go back. Overall the hotel could use a little updating but it is very clean. What sets it apart is the customer service provided by the staff. I suffered an injury a month ago that makes it very difficult to find a comfortable way to sleep. I realized after the first night I was not going to be able to use the bed (not a problem with the bed, the problem was me). SInce I have been sleeping in a recliner at home I asked the front desk if they could place a recliner in my room. This request was met with a smile and a "Yes, sir we can". Not only could they but they accomplished it in less than 15 minutes. And the staff member who delivered it to my room even declined a tip. Thanks to their customer service attitude I was able to sleep at night during my stay.
You also get free full breakfasts and evening snacks during the week and free wireless internet.
One area to beware however is if you use GPS assist to find the hotel the first time. Neither my Garmin nor Google could get me to the right spot. When I asked at the desk they said they are aware of the problem but there has been a lot of road construction (including a new toll road) in the area and most of the systems have not been updated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at spur of the moment on a Friday night - and very pleasantly surprised. While it seemed slightly older, it was clean & very nice. Service was wonderful & friendly. Would not hesitate returning!!

• Stayed May 2013
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked a block of rooms for a softball tournament at Old Settler's Park. I felt that the hotel staff for the most part was super accomodating and made our stay very enjoyable. While the process to get our room block was trying (sales person was new to the property which caused a delay in getting our booking links, I still haven't seen the contract, and basic info) I was nervous getting to our actual check-in date because I didn't know what to expect with all the issues I'd had already. Everything worked out very well - very relieved!

Pros:

-Good breakfast! I wasn't expecting such a variety of items for a free breakfast. Cereals, yogurts, asst. milks, fresh fruits, waffle station (with toppings!), coffee bar, juice bar, hot items such as potatoes, eggs, pancakes, sausage (these items change by day) - and plenty of bread choices like biscuits, bagels and toasts. Seriously - this was a great breakfast - there was something for everyone, the tables were kept clean and the food filled and fresh.
-Free Wifi
-clean rooms
-good sized shower area - the vanity is outside the shower/toilet area.
-good location with plenty of dining choices. Just within walking distance (same parking lot) was Macaroni's and Joe's Crab Shack.
-interior corridors (this is a must for me) and the location was safe, well lit and good landscaping

Cons:
This didn't affect our stay but for some it might matter...
If you have a choice between the one bedroom and studio - go with the studio. They're basically the same thing except the one bedroom has a dedicated room with a door that closes off to the living room/kitchen. The one bedroom provides you two tv's (one in living room and one in bedrm) but the bedroom itself is TINY. We are not big people at all and we felt very cramped in the bedroom. The bed is a queen and the drawers and TV are less than 2 feet from the food of the bed. A regular person cannot walk straight without having to semi-turn their bodies to pass between the bed and tv/drawers.

Again, we enjoyed our stay. I felt the staff was very accomodating and our team all had a good time enjoying the basketball court and outdoor pool. The front desk staff (there was one issue but I won't note that because it was an exchange that wasn't related to our group block) were all super friendly, very helpful (Cece) and anticipated all our needs!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pet friendly and convenient to expressway. Friendly staff. Hotel needs some updating but great value here. If you have pets, perfect, very accommodating and empty field behind hotel for walking the pets. Easy access to shopping a d hotels...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Deckwalker-

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Residence Inn Round Rock. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be perfect for people traveling with pets as well as the staff being friendly. We take great pride in providing an enjoyable experience while traveling for business or pleasure. Thank you again for the comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Michael Galligan

Been to Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!