“Nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at spur of the moment on a Friday night - and very pleasantly surprised. While it seemed slightly older, it was clean & very nice. Service was wonderful & friendly. Would not hesitate returning!!

• Stayed May 2013

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We booked a block of rooms for a softball tournament at Old Settler's Park. I felt that the hotel staff for the most part was super accomodating and made our stay very enjoyable. While the process to get our room block was trying (sales person was new to the property which caused a delay in getting our booking links, I still haven't seen the contract, and basic info) I was nervous getting to our actual check-in date because I didn't know what to expect with all the issues I'd had already. Everything worked out very well - very relieved!

Pros:

-Good breakfast! I wasn't expecting such a variety of items for a free breakfast. Cereals, yogurts, asst. milks, fresh fruits, waffle station (with toppings!), coffee bar, juice bar, hot items such as potatoes, eggs, pancakes, sausage (these items change by day) - and plenty of bread choices like biscuits, bagels and toasts. Seriously - this was a great breakfast - there was something for everyone, the tables were kept clean and the food filled and fresh.
-Free Wifi
-clean rooms
-good sized shower area - the vanity is outside the shower/toilet area.
-good location with plenty of dining choices. Just within walking distance (same parking lot) was Macaroni's and Joe's Crab Shack.
-interior corridors (this is a must for me) and the location was safe, well lit and good landscaping

Cons:
This didn't affect our stay but for some it might matter...
If you have a choice between the one bedroom and studio - go with the studio. They're basically the same thing except the one bedroom has a dedicated room with a door that closes off to the living room/kitchen. The one bedroom provides you two tv's (one in living room and one in bedrm) but the bedroom itself is TINY. We are not big people at all and we felt very cramped in the bedroom. The bed is a queen and the drawers and TV are less than 2 feet from the food of the bed. A regular person cannot walk straight without having to semi-turn their bodies to pass between the bed and tv/drawers.

Again, we enjoyed our stay. I felt the staff was very accomodating and our team all had a good time enjoying the basketball court and outdoor pool. The front desk staff (there was one issue but I won't note that because it was an exchange that wasn't related to our group block) were all super friendly, very helpful (Cece) and anticipated all our needs!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Pet friendly and convenient to expressway. Friendly staff. Hotel needs some updating but great value here. If you have pets, perfect, very accommodating and empty field behind hotel for walking the pets. Easy access to shopping a d hotels...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Deckwalker-

Thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Residence Inn Round Rock. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be perfect for people traveling with pets as well as the staff being friendly. We take great pride in providing an enjoyable experience while traveling for business or pleasure. Thank you again for the comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am typically a fan of the Residence Inn brand, and this one does not disappoint. I stayed for 13 nights and was treated like family from the beginning.

The Front Desk staff are amazing, particularly Ceci, Katie, and Nichole. They went above and beyond to make sure that I had a wonderful stay.

If you are in the Austin/Round Rock area, this property is a winner!

Room Tip: Room 315 is my favorite!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-

Thank you so much for commenting about the staff here at the Residence Inn Round Rock. I am very happy to hear that Katie, Ceci, and Nichole were able to make you feel at home and enjoy your time spent here in Round Rock. We hope to see you again soon!

arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Made a last minute decision to visit family in Austin and wanted a property that provided a home away from home but close to family. Selected the Residence Inn in Round Rock and couldn't be more pleased. The staff have been very accommodating and helpful. The large room is well apointed and clean, the kitchen is equipped to handle quick meals and snacks. Each morning breakfast is served in the lobby area and offers a nice assortment of hot and cold dishes.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Firerock1-

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Residence Inn Round Rock. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our amenities. Thanks again and we hope to see you again when your travels take you through the Austin / Round Rock area!

Fountain Hills, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We made a last minute decision to visit my daughter and her family for Christmas. There are many hotel alternatives in the North Austin/Round Rock area, but we decided we wanted a place that has more of a homey feel in case we had a grandbaby come visit. I am very fussy about Hotels and will not stay in icky places, period. Well, Residence Inn Round Rock was the perfect choice for us. Yes, the hotel is not new, but it is cared for, clean, and nicely appointed The rooma/suites are spacious with most of the comforts of home. The staff are kind, caring, and just look for ways to say yes to solve any concern you may have. I was surprised that they even offer to do food shopping for you. We did not use this service but, it is a great service for anyone on a business type trip. They also have a van to provide a driving service within a 5 mile radius. The location is super, lots of restaurants and shopping close by; Austin is about 20 minutes away (without traffic :).

If you are looking for a sexy, modern, loft type hotel, the Round Rock Residence Inn is not for you. If you want many of the comforts of home, a convenient location, trained staff that seem to really care about their guests, and a great nights sleep, this is your place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Katieaz-

Thank you for your kind comments about the Residence Inn Round Rock. We are proud to offer a comfortable "home away from home" and I am even more proud that you experienced this during the holiday season. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service for all of our guests and this includes grocery shopping or a quick shuttle ride to nearby businesses. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you in Round Rock in the near future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here on 5-6 different occasions during the last few years, and I have always found it to be exceptional. As my stays were typically 2-3 weeks in duration, I didn't always fancy the hotels. I have to say this was a great alternative. It is great value for money, and great service. The rooms are spacious and had all the amenities that are needed. During my many stays, I never had a single problem to report. Well worth it....

A final note is the convenience of having Marconi Grill opposite - I ate there (had take out) almost every night....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Justin-

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with comments in regards to your prior stays with us. I am happy to hear that you experienced great service with us and that our location was convenient for you during your travels. I am also very happy to hear that your stays have been problem free! We pride ourselves on providing relazing stays and a productive space as well as great service. I am happy to hear you have experienced all of these and we hope to see you back in Round Rock in the near future.

Michael Galligan

Been to Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!