“Great place, low key and excellent value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great place, low key and excellent value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here on 5-6 different occasions during the last few years, and I have always found it to be exceptional. As my stays were typically 2-3 weeks in duration, I didn't always fancy the hotels. I have to say this was a great alternative. It is great value for money, and great service. The rooms are spacious and had all the amenities that are needed. During my many stays, I never had a single problem to report. Well worth it....

A final note is the convenience of having Marconi Grill opposite - I ate there (had take out) almost every night....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Justin-

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with comments in regards to your prior stays with us. I am happy to hear that you experienced great service with us and that our location was convenient for you during your travels. I am also very happy to hear that your stays have been problem free! We pride ourselves on providing relazing stays and a productive space as well as great service. I am happy to hear you have experienced all of these and we hope to see you back in Round Rock in the near future.

Michael Galligan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stay at many Marriott branded hotels, most recently the Residence Inn in Round Rock, TX over Thanksgiving. I was disappointed by the lack of improvements done at this Residence. The rooms were very "moldy" smelling. I had a two bedroom suite. Although the room was clean, the furniture was dated along with the carpet and curtains. We could smell cigarette smoke coming from another room even though this was a "smoke free" hotel. Breakfast was good and the staff were very nice but the owner of this hotel needs to "reinvest" in making this a better family hotel by putting a fresh coat of paint, new carpet, fixtures and furniture. I will choose another brand next time visiting Round Rock.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Residence Inn R... R, Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Taosgolfman,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Round Rock. We so appreciating hearing feedback from our guests. After all you are the reason we do what we do.

You're kind remarks about our staff and breakfast are wonderful to hear. We are always striving to have every guest feel like a part of our extended family.

When it comes to our building we do apologize for any negative experiences you had with it. We are very excited to be in the position to make several strides over the next year in updating.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your opinions. We do hope to have you as our guests in the future.

Julia Silvia-Cramer
Front Office Manager
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My son's wedding was at the Plantation House in Pflugerville the weekend of 11/03. His fiance's parents chose the Residence Inn as the host hotel for all the bridal party and out of town guests. We stayed in a two room suite which was spacious and well appointed--it had 3 TVs and 2 baths! Livia Salinas and the staff there were amazing and so accomodating to everyone! They posted a sign welcoming guests and informing them of when the shuttles would be leaving for the wedding venue. They even handed out our personalized "Do Not Disturb" doorhanger wedding favors when the guests arrived. The best part was that they allowed us to continue to party in their lobby and common room there at the hotel after the wedding with all of our guests who were still willing to hang in there till late! Made it so nice as it gave us time to really visit and catch up afterwards. The breakfast buffet was great and the hotel is even a pet friendly hotel which made it even better. Highly recommend for family events. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Residence Inn R... R, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Patricia K,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback!

We were so glad to hear everyone had a great weekend!
Weddings are fun but can definitely become stressful at the last minute and we were happy to hear we were able to make a difference and provide an enjoyable experience.

Thank you again for the kind words! Our team was super excited to hear from you!

Wishing you a great week and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Livia Salinas
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently had to find a place in Round Rock to host a mini reunion for just 10 guys coming together after 20-30 years of not seeing each other. I saw that Residence Inn had two bedroom suites and thought it would be a good place to have them congregate. Monica was very helpful in helping me set 4 up suites for everyone and even helped to get all the rooms in one area of the hotel so that we can all be together. It was even close to back door exit, so the smokers in the group didn't have far to go. She brought in a larger table from the conference room area so that we call sit around instead of the smaller tables that came with the room. With chairs from the other room, we all were comfortable in one of the suites. The kitchenette rocked to accomodate all our "spirits". It's walking distance to some great restaurants, so we didn't have to drive (trust me...we shouldn't have driven anyway!). The beds were great and I have to admit, I almost took a pillow with me, they were so comfortable!. The night shift were accomodating in helping with contacting the local pizza place for delivery and make sure we had everything we needed knowing why were there. Everyone commented it was a great setup. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Residence Inn R... R, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear JamesC,

We are thrilled to hear that you and your group of friends found our hotel welcoming and accommodating! Our two bedroom-two bathroom suites are perfect for larger groups and we are excited that you and your friends were able to take advantage of those rooms.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your group!

We hope to see you again soon!

Monica Gayden and the Residence Inn Team
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I manage a team of 12 people and we get together several times a year for two day meetings to review our business and plan. I have now had the last 3 meetings at the Residence Inn. Monica Gayden and her team have gone above and beyond to make sure my team is comfortable and we have everything we need. They have arranged meals to be brought in and even made our reservations for dinner. My team has had only positive comments about the accomodations and the location is perfect if you have people traveling from the major Texas cities. I highly recommend the Residence Inn for a meeting or business trip. I will be planning my next meeting with the team at the Residence.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ben K,

Thank you for continuing to return to our hotel for your meetings! Our meeting space is perfect for your group, as there is plenty of space for multiple types of meeting room arrangements and also space for a buffet setup in the room. Your group takes advantage of the local restaurants as well, which is a nice experience for those that are not local to the Austin/Round Rock area.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel to conduct your meetings! We have always enjoyed working with you and your team!

We look forward to your next set of meetings in 2013!

Monica Gayden and The Residence Inn Team
Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four months and everyday was a blessing. The staff is so amazing that I was very sad to leave. My husband and I were treated more like family members than guest. The rooms are very clean and quiet. The whole staff is amazing and their customer services skills are beyond excellent. I will stay here again upon our next trip to the Austin area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn R... R, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear TanyaScarrow,

First of all, I wanted to apologize for the delay on my response.
We are truly thankful and appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

You and your family were with us for a long time and it makes us really happy to know we were able to make you feel at home!

We can't wait until you come back!

Thank you again!

Livia
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Round Rock in conjunction with a move from overseas. The staff there was fantastic! They were all very friendly, not only to my wife and I, but also to my teenage daughter and two young children. There were times when my boy (8 years old) would call down to the front desk, unbeknownst to me, for various reasons. One time he called because he was afraid he left his hat at breakfast. Not only did they pick up the hat but they knew exactly who it was for and was about to call him! In addition, i don't know of any hotels in which the staff would tell a teenager who is on the computer that her little brother called the front desk to let her know it was time for bed. I loved it! Every morning they would greet us with a "Good Morning" and every time I came in they would say "Welcome back". It's these little touches that I really liked. So, I wish the best for the staff in whatever they do, but I selfishly hope they are there when my family stays there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Residence Inn R... R, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Clay A,

We thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us!

I am proud to say the team at our hotel is the best! Of all Residence Inn's in the United States, we are rated at top 3% in hospitality and warmth. We truly care about our guests, their families, their special requests and their time with us. We were so happy to hear we were able to make you feel at home.

Once again, we thank you for the wonderful note.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Livia Salinas & the Residence Inn Team

Been to Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!