“Another Great Stay - Wonderful Staff, Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Austin, TX
“Another Great Stay - Wonderful Staff, Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Our second visit to the Round Rock Residence Inn proved to be as enjoyable as our last stay. This time we had a lovely one bedroom that overlooked the pool and was gorgeous at night. The room was clean and spacious as was the rest of the property.

On this trip, my daughter was able to use the pool and she really enjoyed both it and the hot tub. Next to the pool is a small basketball court that my son is hoping to use should we return soon.

The one insignificant, minor note that I have is that both times that we stayed here the scrambled eggs and potatoes seemed to be a little too spicy. They were fine for my husband and myself, but both of my kids refused to eat them on both occasions after just one bite. I hate to complain because breakfast is free, but just something I wanted to note for families with younger children (under 10). There are still lots of other delicious options though :)

Again, this hotel has a friendly staff and you are sure to enjoy your stay here as it's close to so many good restaurants and the Round Rock Express field.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear BronteReed,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful note on our hotel!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us once again.
I am proud to say we have one of the best teams in the hospitality industry and thrive on exceeding our guests' expectations.

On another note, thank you for the feedback about our breakfast. We have recently changed some items and would love for you to come back and try the new changes.

Thank you again for your loyalty to the Residence Inn Round Rock.

We can't wait for welcome you back!

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I love this hotel. I use it for business travel but would stay there anytime. I stay there three or four times a month for an overnight stay and the front desk is so friendly. In fact, when I open the door and they see me heading to the front desk they call me by name. How they managed to remember my face out of all their guests is beyond me. They always call me when I get to my room to make sure everything is to my liking. I travel to other states and cities and usually stay where breakfast and evening hour receptions occur. This place has by far the best menu and tasting food on a consistent basis. If you are in Round Rock, you would not go wrong by staying at the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: All the rooms are exellent, new, clean and modern.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Karen P,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your time and wonderful words about our Residence Inn.

We look forward to always welcoming our guests and ensuring a great experience while with us. I am happy to hear you enjoy your stay every time and really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel!

We hope to see you soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed in the Hotel for a number of weeks for a business trip, and this stay was by and far the best experience I have ever had in a Hotel. The staff (house keeping, front desk, management) were beyond nice. Every time we came and went they were there with kind words and a smile.

A hot breakfast (sausages/bacon, hash browns, eggs, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes and waffles) was provided every morning. That is not including the cereal, hot coffee and fresh fruit that was left out every day. On Mon. - Thur. they serve dinner, which is a variety of different foods which is never the same including beers and wine. Ohh, and some of the best chocolate chip cookies you can imagine.

My room was also kept clean, and they also did the little things that make you think someone put some real effort into cleaning. (They even took the dirty dishes I left in the sink and washed them in the dishwasher! Seriously, who does that!

This was the best experience I've ever had in a Hotel ever, and that's saying a lot as I travel all the time. Do yourself a favor stay at the Residence Inn in Round Rock!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear AJ_From_Chicago,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your stay at our Residence Inn!

We know that being away from family and friends is very hard and we are happy to hear we were able to make you feel at home. Our team is always looking for different ways to make our guests feel welcome and our mission is to provide the best service possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback,

Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is my first time staying at residence inn. So far my stays at extended stay hotels have not been a good experience so thats why I was kind of hesitant to stay in a residence inn. The reviews have been good so we took the chance!

The room is surprisingly nice! I was hoping that it would still have a "hotel" feel and not look like a regular apartment. I was not disappointed. The room was well equipped like a home but still felt like a hotel. We got a studio suite which was quite spacious for 2 people. The sofa was cozy and comfortable, bed was great, pillows really heavenly! Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a room beside the elevator but did not hear any noise from it. You can hear some conversations of people passing by or doors being banged occasionally but this was minimal and did not bother us much.

Breakfast was okay with some hot offerings (scrambled eggs and ham to be exact), french toast, the usual breads, waffle maker, juices, oatmeal, cereals) however considering that its free, there really is no reason to complain. It is better than other continental breakfasts offered.

Stay was not without its glitches. We arrived slightly past 4 pm and our room was not yet ready. We took the studio instead of the 1 bedroom instead. There was no ice available when we got there but there was a large party in the meeting room at that time.

Did not check out the pool or the gym.
Overall I am happy with the place. It is more than what I expected and has everything I need. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn R... R, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Dichieport,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us!

We’re so glad you enjoyed your time with us here in Round Rock and I am also happy we were able to exceed your expectations since this was your first time at a Residence Inn!

We take a lot of pride in our service and really try to make our guests' stay the most comfortable and relaxing. Our team is always looking for new ways to make everyone's stay memorable.

In regards to your feedback on your time of check in, although we do our best to have all rooms available to check in by 4PM every day, we may sometimes have some guests with later check outs which delays our housekeeping process. As for the ice machine, when we do have a lot of families and meetings, and especially now during our summer season, usage is higher. I do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and time!

Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I loved this Residence Inn. I never did the check-in, but I was told by my mother that they could not have been friendlier at the front desk. That was a very good sign to what I was in for.

I liked my room. I had a one-bedroom suite, and it was very comfortable. Decent coffeemaker (I like to use my own coffee), great Internet, surprisingly delicious microwave popcorn as part of the first night kit, good shower, and a REALLY comfortable bed. Never tried the TV, however.

I liked the Manager's Reception. Free drinks, and good cookies. Breakfast was OK. Never got up for it after I tried it.

The receptionist, Julia, was phenomenal. My Internet got messed up during my stay, and after attempting to fix it myself, I took it to her. She actually fixed it well. Definitely not what I expected. And she was really nice. Made my stay that much more pleasant. Thanks so much, Julia!

The hotel is within walking distance to a good Macaroni Grill as well as Joe's Crab Shack. I enjoyed both, and the staff at Macaroni Grill was lovely.

This is a fantastic Residence Inn because of the staff, and because it is very comfortable. I loved the beds, Julia at the front desk was amazing, and it's a great location for what we were doing. I strongly suggest you stay here if you come to Round Rock.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jameygamer,

I am so happy to hear you really enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn Round Rock.
Our team is always looking for new ways to make everyone's stay memorable, by adding personal touches.

Thank you for the wonderful words about Julia. She is our Front Office Manager and a true asset to our team as she goes above and beyond for our guests at all times.

TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Truly a home away from home, spacious and comfortable suites, generous breakfast and evening snack buffet. Pool, hot tub and basketball court to keep the kids occupied. Lots of restaurants nearby and a walmart within walking distance. But the best part of the stay was the gracious front desk staff....hats off to Julia, Leema, Monica, and Risa.....for making us feel so welcome and at home, they were all outstanding in their attitude and performance. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: might be helpul to get a room close to one of the exits so you can take the stairs instead of waitin...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear ALTX01,

I wanted to apologize for the delay on responding to your wonderful feedback.

We are so happy to hear you call us "your home away from home"! It is our goal to welcome every guest with the comforts of their own home and provide an enjoyable time while with us.
We do take a lot of pride in our services as our team always aims to make everyone's stay memorable. I was happy to see some of our team members' names mentioned as they are true assets to our hotel.

Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for an extended business trip. Room was very clean, smelled good. Bathroom was clean, no hair, no mold.

Bed was comfortable (did not have a king bed available), and slept very well. Climate control worked very well.

All kitchen appliances worked well, and were very clean.

Housekeeping did a nice job while there, and always refilled everything I used.

Breakfast we good, and they have a pretty decent choice of food in the freezer that you can cook in your room.

Pool was out of order the whole time, I am thankful I did not need it, otherwise I would have been upset. Make sure it is in order when you stay there, by calling in advance.

This place had families staying at it, and business people...wide variety of people.

Lot of nearby places to eat. Macaroni grill about 50 feet away.

The GPS would not find it correctly, so had to look extra hard to find it.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool was out of order, call ahead to make sure it will be working. Ask for room far away from eleva...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jakestone,

Dear Jakestone,

I wanted to apologize for the delay on responding to your review.

We’re so glad you noticed our housekeeping efforts. Our Housekeeping Manager, Ceci, really has been motivating her team to reach the highest standards in cleanliness. Our goal is to be at the top 10% of all Residence Inns across the country in cleanliness. We’re glad you noticed!

In regards to the pool being closed, because it is an outdoor pool, central Texas weather can unfortunately create poor swimming conditions. For the safety of our guests we must temporarily close the pool until conditions improve. As for the GPS directions, because we are right off Interstate Highway 35, navigation systems do not interpret our address correctly. We do have an alternative address for GPS devices for this reason. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Livia Salinas

Been to Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!