“Surprisingly Nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Temple, Texas
“Surprisingly Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is my first time staying at residence inn. So far my stays at extended stay hotels have not been a good experience so thats why I was kind of hesitant to stay in a residence inn. The reviews have been good so we took the chance!

The room is surprisingly nice! I was hoping that it would still have a "hotel" feel and not look like a regular apartment. I was not disappointed. The room was well equipped like a home but still felt like a hotel. We got a studio suite which was quite spacious for 2 people. The sofa was cozy and comfortable, bed was great, pillows really heavenly! Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a room beside the elevator but did not hear any noise from it. You can hear some conversations of people passing by or doors being banged occasionally but this was minimal and did not bother us much.

Breakfast was okay with some hot offerings (scrambled eggs and ham to be exact), french toast, the usual breads, waffle maker, juices, oatmeal, cereals) however considering that its free, there really is no reason to complain. It is better than other continental breakfasts offered.

Stay was not without its glitches. We arrived slightly past 4 pm and our room was not yet ready. We took the studio instead of the 1 bedroom instead. There was no ice available when we got there but there was a large party in the meeting room at that time.

Did not check out the pool or the gym.
Overall I am happy with the place. It is more than what I expected and has everything I need. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn R... R, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Dichieport,

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us!

We’re so glad you enjoyed your time with us here in Round Rock and I am also happy we were able to exceed your expectations since this was your first time at a Residence Inn!

We take a lot of pride in our service and really try to make our guests' stay the most comfortable and relaxing. Our team is always looking for new ways to make everyone's stay memorable.

In regards to your feedback on your time of check in, although we do our best to have all rooms available to check in by 4PM every day, we may sometimes have some guests with later check outs which delays our housekeeping process. As for the ice machine, when we do have a lot of families and meetings, and especially now during our summer season, usage is higher. I do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and time!

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kerrville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I loved this Residence Inn. I never did the check-in, but I was told by my mother that they could not have been friendlier at the front desk. That was a very good sign to what I was in for.

I liked my room. I had a one-bedroom suite, and it was very comfortable. Decent coffeemaker (I like to use my own coffee), great Internet, surprisingly delicious microwave popcorn as part of the first night kit, good shower, and a REALLY comfortable bed. Never tried the TV, however.

I liked the Manager's Reception. Free drinks, and good cookies. Breakfast was OK. Never got up for it after I tried it.

The receptionist, Julia, was phenomenal. My Internet got messed up during my stay, and after attempting to fix it myself, I took it to her. She actually fixed it well. Definitely not what I expected. And she was really nice. Made my stay that much more pleasant. Thanks so much, Julia!

The hotel is within walking distance to a good Macaroni Grill as well as Joe's Crab Shack. I enjoyed both, and the staff at Macaroni Grill was lovely.

This is a fantastic Residence Inn because of the staff, and because it is very comfortable. I loved the beds, Julia at the front desk was amazing, and it's a great location for what we were doing. I strongly suggest you stay here if you come to Round Rock.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jameygamer,

I am so happy to hear you really enjoyed your stay here at the Residence Inn Round Rock.
Our team is always looking for new ways to make everyone's stay memorable, by adding personal touches.

Thank you for the wonderful words about Julia. She is our Front Office Manager and a true asset to our team as she goes above and beyond for our guests at all times.

TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Truly a home away from home, spacious and comfortable suites, generous breakfast and evening snack buffet. Pool, hot tub and basketball court to keep the kids occupied. Lots of restaurants nearby and a walmart within walking distance. But the best part of the stay was the gracious front desk staff....hats off to Julia, Leema, Monica, and Risa.....for making us feel so welcome and at home, they were all outstanding in their attitude and performance. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: might be helpul to get a room close to one of the exits so you can take the stairs instead of waitin...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear ALTX01,

I wanted to apologize for the delay on responding to your wonderful feedback.

We are so happy to hear you call us "your home away from home"! It is our goal to welcome every guest with the comforts of their own home and provide an enjoyable time while with us.
We do take a lot of pride in our services as our team always aims to make everyone's stay memorable. I was happy to see some of our team members' names mentioned as they are true assets to our hotel.

Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here for an extended business trip. Room was very clean, smelled good. Bathroom was clean, no hair, no mold.

Bed was comfortable (did not have a king bed available), and slept very well. Climate control worked very well.

All kitchen appliances worked well, and were very clean.

Housekeeping did a nice job while there, and always refilled everything I used.

Breakfast we good, and they have a pretty decent choice of food in the freezer that you can cook in your room.

Pool was out of order the whole time, I am thankful I did not need it, otherwise I would have been upset. Make sure it is in order when you stay there, by calling in advance.

This place had families staying at it, and business people...wide variety of people.

Lot of nearby places to eat. Macaroni grill about 50 feet away.

The GPS would not find it correctly, so had to look extra hard to find it.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool was out of order, call ahead to make sure it will be working. Ask for room far away from eleva...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jakestone,

Dear Jakestone,

I wanted to apologize for the delay on responding to your review.

We’re so glad you noticed our housekeeping efforts. Our Housekeeping Manager, Ceci, really has been motivating her team to reach the highest standards in cleanliness. Our goal is to be at the top 10% of all Residence Inns across the country in cleanliness. We’re glad you noticed!

In regards to the pool being closed, because it is an outdoor pool, central Texas weather can unfortunately create poor swimming conditions. For the safety of our guests we must temporarily close the pool until conditions improve. As for the GPS directions, because we are right off Interstate Highway 35, navigation systems do not interpret our address correctly. We do have an alternative address for GPS devices for this reason. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed here the first week of April and it is very consistent with the quality I expect from the Residence Inn properties. The location is kind of tucked back from the ramps off of I-35 however it is also right next door the the main Dell campus. If your doing business at Dell, I cant imagine a better hotel in the area to stay at. Quick and easy access to downtown Austin form I-35 as well. Comfortable rooms, very clean, and had everything we needed. The common areas of the hotel were a little warm and muggy as compared to the comfortable outside temps. Also the A/C in my room was pretty loud during the sleeping hours. I am not a light sleeper and I noticed it. Probably worth noting for those that are light sleepers. The morning breakfast served was good, not spectaular, but good. Most all the typical choices, and never anything bad. The service however was great, super friendly people throughout the entire property. We didnt attend the evening reception, but I did walk by it once and it looked pretty good. The night I went by they were serving Hamburgers and Hot Dogs right off the grill outside as well as an assortment of regular and adult beverages.
Overall, I would stay here again and again.

Room Tip: using the 2 bedroom suite is a significant cost savings over two seperate rooms for business travell...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Carla_Montemurro, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the Residence Inn Round Rock. It is always good to know that our guests appreciate the easy location we offer to Dell and the great amenities we have to offer like our evening hospitality hour. Our Wednesday BBQ with Hamburgers & Hot Dogs is one of our favorite nights of the week! The staff here is always striving to make sure every guest here has a great service experience and we are glad to hear you had that as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I was here during the last week of April. Spacious room, made for a long stay, with dishes, microwave, pots, fridge and other stuff. Didn't use it but may come in handy. Still remember my lonely orange juice by itself in that big fridge. They offer complimentary internet connectivitu which is nice. Didn't watch much TV, but had some 20 channels. Bathroom was nice. They try to make some type of figures with the towels, and remembered a review by someone else in this hotel stating that a kid messed around with the towels and left that behind. Anyways the towel figure in the bathtub doesn't really look good the first night that you find it. I would recommend not doing it, because it does look like a kid left it behind lol. Breakfast was the same everyday, don't expect too much. Eggs, bread, burger, juice, coffee, cereal, yoghurt and some fruit. Don't expect luxury. Staff is very friendly. Is in a walking distance to DELL. Overall good enough if you are on business, has some shops nearby on a walking distance, and hidden enough from the road to not hear any noise at night.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for your recent stay here at the Residence Inn Round Rock. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. While we are geared for long term stay types of people we do still enjoy that our short term guest enjoyed the room set up here as well. Our location is very convenient for Dell and thank you for noticing that we don’t sit too closely to the highway! We appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your experience and we always are doing our best to make sure each stay is better than the last. We look forward to your next visit!
VANCOUVER B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed at the Residence Inn in Round Rock for two weeks. Very convenient location close to shopping and great restaurants I really recommend the Vietnamese restaurant in the Home Depot plaza close to Panda Express....The rooms and hotel where kept spotless clean, and the daily breakfast selection was the best I have ever seen, also the evening beer wine and food was great..The staff was very friendly and helpfull..Special thanks to Ressa who had a great sence of humour and made our visit that more special... Thank you all and hope to return one day....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We love that new Pho place to that opened up and they even deliver to the hotel! We are so glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast buffet as well as our evening hospitality hour. We do our best to make sure every guest stay leaves them wanting to return more and we are so happy that is the case for you. It is such a pleasure to know that you had that personal touch Residence Inn's pride themselves in with one of our associates. We look forward to you being able to return to us soon!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Residence Inn Austin / Round Rock? Share your experiences!