“Helpful staff in a bad situation.” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites Round Rock
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1802 South IH-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Galena, Illinois
“Helpful staff in a bad situation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My sister and I drove down to Texas. I have had bad experiences in hotels in Texas with bugs. I always check very carefully in drawers, microwaves, showers, etc. before I bring in my belongings. After doing this we brought in our things and settled in. We ordered food and relaxed. At midnight I got up to use the bathroom and discovered 2 dozen baby roaches running around the bathroom floor with a large one in the tub. I was not happy and called the front desk. They immediately offered another room upstairs. There is no elevator in the hotel and I have muscular dystrophy and can not drag bags upstairs. The staff offered to move our bags for us. Instead we put all of our things in the car and kept the lights on all night. Each time we went into the bathroom we killed more roaches, ewwwwwww. I did see one large one that was near the microwave too. The next morning we went to have breakfast and talked to the staff. They told us that there had been a long term resident in that room and she had just checked out. They were unaware of the bugs she left behind. They moved us to another room at the far end of the building and it was clean and comfortable and bug free. They had no problem allowing us to check out early and refunding out money but because I had pre-paid for the room through Expedia they weren't sure how long that would take so we decided to give another room a try. I can not blame the staff for what happened and they were awesome!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nacogdoches
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Awesome linens on nice comfortable beds, very clean spacious room. small fridge and microwave were a bonus, easy access to Interstate 35.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Mesquite
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I found this Days Inn to be very satisfactory, with a friendly staff and a clean room with comfortable beds. Fluffy pillows - but can't say the same for the towels. Plenty of TV channels. Close to restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We came in town for a family reunion and we stayed at the Days Inn. The customer service is amazing here!! The rooms were large and very clean!! Definitely the best bang the buck. Its right off the highway next to all the restaurants in the area. We will definitely be returning to this hotel for our future stays! Breakfast was great.... Way more options than I was expecting.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn & Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!