“visit to family” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites Round Rock
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1802 South IH-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Ranked #20 of 23 hotels in Round Rock

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent a week there. Had to ask several days for a second wash cloth. Front desk said maids refuse to leave more than one washcloth in all of the rooms. Coffee is provided in room. Maids never left any. Had to go to front desk to get some. When checking out, asked for credit for $1.68 per day for use of safe which we didn't use. Front desk wasn't able to do credit but said manager would do it and send me email. Got an email from Suren Suthar, manager. She credited me with 5, not 7 days of safe charge. I replied asking about the other 2 days. She never replied. There is a very nice Sleep Inn a block away. We'll be staying there next time we are in Round Rock, TX.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Channing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My non-smoking room smelled like smoke and one of the bedspreads had a cigarette burn in it. Room was not very clean and needed minor repairs. Pool was filthy and I never saw anyone in it. Staff was friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GaryFowler, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
We truly value and appreciate your feedback as it helps us fine tune our operations. We are currently in the process of switching management companies, and they have since enforced stricter policies on smoking. There however are times when smokers request non-smoking rooms and smoke in them. We do our best to get rid of the smoke as all rooms are sanitized and deodorized after a guest checks out. The new management is also currently ordering all new linens and duvet blankets for the property, which will resolve any linen issues for the guests. We truly apologize for any issues during your stay, but we will promise that all these will be addressed immediately. Again, we appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our operations.
Conway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was very disappointed in my stay at Days Inn in Round Rock and am very glad most of my trip kept me away from the facility. In my reservation of the room I had noted I would need handicapped facilities. Not only was there no facility available with two beds, the non-smoking room was immediately next to the maintenance room where workers smoked outside the door. The room reeked of stale tobacco and I had to walk thru a wall of smoke to get to the lobby or to the pool. The pool was also only open from 8am-8pm. This seems ridiculous considering the time of year and how late the sun is up. Again, I'm simply thankful most of my trip was spent in a friend's home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GaryFowler, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I am so sorry for your bad experience with us! I have already spoken to maintenance about this. We have designated smoking areas away from the rooms but people sometimes wander off with a stick still in their hands. Should you decide to try us again please ask for Gary so that I can personally ensure you the best experience we can offer. If I am not in the shop just leave your number with the reservations clerk and I guarantee you, sure as the sun will rise, that I will be on the phone to you shortly to nail everything down.

Again, my sincere apologies. We can do better, and my apology is all the more deep and sincere because I know we usually do better than this.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!